Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 02-09-2012, 08:59 AM   #51
CuckooTuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
No I don't mind, actually I like talking about it. But I don't want to thread jack. So any questions or anything else would probably be best PM'ed. But, I'm transsexual or trans-female and currently there is issues of getting medical treatment and trying to figure out how to dance around my current military position. All in all the stress is killing me. So, my goal is to primarily get out of my depressed mood and start transition.
You're trans in the US military?! Shit, and I thought I had problems. Sorry to hear about your troubles, dude; I hope it works out and the transition starts coming together soon.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #52
Saya

Sorry to hear that MoC, not that you're trans, I mean, the stress that comes about having a job in a transphobic institution in an already transphobic society.

Short term: finish my degree, go on to either grad school or do fast track social work.

Long term: save the world. Haven't really figured out how to do that yet, but I assume that kind of enlightenment comes after school beats out all faith in humanity.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #53
Valhalla

Short term:
- Get back into the groove of writing for pleasure
- Start living a healthier lifestyle (aka, resist all the fast food at school)
- Get my depression under control by changing medications, seeing a professional, or whatever I end up having to do
- Get on top of all this school work

Long term:
- Finish my degrees
- Travel
- Write a novel and/or a book full of short stories
- Learn as many languages as I can
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 10:33 AM   #54
TrivialMorose

...and after eight years, someone finally dared to dream again.

Short term I want to finish my story: "SPL", in time for a submission call, but my head's not in the right place to do this

Long term... to not be me anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
- Get back into the groove of writing for pleasure
This be nice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkenedReveries View Post
To love and be loved in return. To somehow help animals, the poor, and the environment. To get my inspiration back. To make friends. To be a mortician, novelist, poet, and artist.
Morticians are just the most fun people. At least all the ones I met. But I don't have the brains nor the gumption for it, so, once, just for a spell, I dreamed of being a grave digger instead. That was the only time I ever dreamed of a honest job.
But of course, I'm just too much of a piece of shit and nothing came out of me.

Hope you got it all, DarkenedReveries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
Get to Germany and go on a trip around Europe with my best friend and then come home with fond memories and figure out something to aim my life at after that.
This one I've basically done! Woo!

It wasn't around the whole continent, but whatever, it was a pretty big chunk for such a cheese as I.

I hope, you, Corpsey, have already managed this by now as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
I want to be a poet.
(duh.)
Hey, UO, if you ever read this, did you you make this happen?
TrivialMorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 08:40 AM   #55
TrivialMorose

I took a nap and saw Christian Slater play the lead role in a Capone type gangster film titled "Demon".
Old 08-08-2020, 09:37 AM   #56
TrivialMorose

David Hasselhoff Dream

I had a bad migraine, and slept some more, it wasn’t really night anymore, so I’m posting this here instead of the nightly dreams thread. The migraine is actually still there, crushing my head right now, so I don’t necessarily feel like sorting this text too neatly.

Anyway, here it is. It was really vivid and detailed, which is a classic migraine dream for me. Migraine always intensifies my dreams. It’s a positive side to this terrible pain.

And also, funnily enough, I usually never have headache in the dreams, so sleeping sets me free of the torture. Usually. Not always. Here I was free.

Also, I know of a dog named Laku in the waking world.

My wife and I were watching a group of ducks who lived inside two small cairns in the middle of the road outside our apartment. Watching them go in and out of those pile of rocks and eat insects or something. Then at some point I also noticed that there were people inside those cairns, and they were staring back at us. Then a man and a woman emerged from inside the cairns, turned out they were our neighbors. They were really insistent that we stop watching the cairns, as an excuse they said the time was 6.30, time to leave for work.

I thought it was Sunday and there was no work, but we didn’t wish to contradict them, so we just agreed to leave the duckwatching for now.

The man walked off somewhere and was gone, but the woman insisted that she get to walk us to our apartment, so we went with her.

Inside our building, we found that one flight of stairs in the stairwell had been cut out and removed. Luckily, I remembered that I had a while back left an extra flight of stairs and a turtle in one of the saunas of the grand old hotel we were suddenly living in. So, I left my wife to wait with the creepy woman while I went searching for them.

The hotel was really humongous. The building had many wings, and there were malls, cinemas, restaurants, all sorts of places within. Parts here and there were also abandoned and dilapidated.

And there was a crazy, supernatural clown around, too, who every now and then started running after me, and pushing me around, laughing at me and screaming “You’re afraid of clowns, are you?”

I had to keep running from him.

For some reason he couldn’t pass some doorways in the hotel, so when I’d pass one of those, I’d turn and flip him the double birds, and I’d say, “I ain’t afraid of no clowns, you fool.”

That always got him really angry and swearing.

At some point I ran into David Hasselhoff, who was really drunk and he recognized me and talked to me like we were old friends. He told me he had just returned from a long boat trip into the desolation of arctic, where the only life forms for miles upon miles, besides him and his dog named Laku, had been whales and kelp.

He was really depressed and nearly crying, and he asked me to join him for a few drinks.

I told him I was sorry, that I really needed to find a turtle first, but that if I’d run into him again that night, after I’d have found the turtle, then I’d certainly join him. That cheered him up a bit and we parted ways.

At some point I had visited three saunas in different parts of the hotel, and none of them had been the right one. I ripped a floorplan off some wall and took it with me and headed for another sauna that was in one of the abandoned zones.

The dream morphed, so that I was now together with my wife trying to find some medicinal plant for a friend of ours who was dying. We had a really powerful flashlight with us because the abandoned are had no electricity. But the batteries started dying and we were becoming stranded in heavy darkness, strange ghostly sounds started going on about us and it was really stressful. But then we found our way into a lit and maintained area, which turned out to be the secret hideaway of an old Nazi doctor.

We knew this doctor, he had a clinic in the hotel, and we had always suspected he was a Nazi war criminal, and now we knew that it was indeed so. The hideaway had lots of computers and tons of different medicinal plants.
The doctor was sitting in front of the computers, where I grabbed him and stuffed him into a little cigarette box shaped cellophane pocket.

As my wife and I were ransacking the plants, I asked the doctor in my hand if he would just make this easier and tell us straight if he had the plant we needed and where it was. But he didn’t answer, so I just assumed he wanted the hard way.

Then after a while I got to thinking, and said to my wife, “I hope he isn’t dead. I hope he didn’t have a heart attack, the old man.”

Then I looked at him, and, “Oh, shit,” I said.

I had accidentally had my thumb pressed against his face and he had suffocated.

I put him down on a shelf, and turned to ask my wife, what we should do, I was afraid the cops would find out I killed him, but when I turned, I found my wife was no longer there.

A television was on in the room, and my wife was being interviewed in some talk show. She looked really ravishing in the show, wearing a classy black velvet dress and lots of jewelry, she had great lustrous hair and very nice makeup. She looked very fancy and rich.

She was telling the interviewer some sob story about how we had always loved the doctor who was like a father to us, and how she’d been lucky to have shared his final moments, as he’d had a heart attack, she had held his hand and eased his fears as he passed into the eternal night, complete with fake tears rolling down her cheeks.
I though,

Great performance, honey. Nice save.