Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 06-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #1
Despanan

God DAMN England is lame

*Facepalm*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:09 PM   #2
Godslayer Jillian

It's as stupid as corner cushions and as English as the Francis turbine.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:06 PM   #3
Malice In Wonderland

It says snag on skin.
Won't that just make a gnarlier wound?

And seriously?
£40-£50?
Like the people who's kids take knives from kitchen drawers can afford a whole set of these.
Hell I don't know anyone who could afford a whole set of these.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:30 PM   #4
Saya

I don't get it either. If its a decent knife it can do a lot of damage by slicing, and if you really wanted to hurt someone with it you still could. I don't think someone would take the knife and drool while they are confounded as to why the person doesn't die when they make a stab at them.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:32 PM   #5
Underwater Ophelia

Wow.
That's just...silly.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:41 PM   #6
Malice In Wonderland

It's no an amazingly bad idea.
You can't do too much damage slicing someone in the street.
If someone goes to slice you run.
If they stab, their hand's going the same way you want to be heading.
I would like to know how they help.
They just remind me of fishhooks...

Also I'm very tired and not too sure how much sense that post made.
Goodnight.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:34 AM   #7
Joker_in_the_Pack

Seriously, one quick slice along the neck and this safe knife is useless
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:48 AM   #8
Still Jack

I'm pretty sure you could still stab someone with that if you cot the angle right and pushed hard enough. Calling that thing stab safe is a bit like calling a meat cleaver stab safe.
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:37 AM   #9
viscus

I want to see an "anti-slash" knife now.

Oh well, there's no mandate that all knives be manufactured like this in Britain, and I imagine few people will buy such a knife.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:43 AM   #10
CptSternn

Do they really expect criminals to purchase these?
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:31 AM   #11
Beneath the Shadows

The idea itself isn't bad. But it's still one of those things that just aren't really necessary.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:56 AM   #12
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus View Post
]
Oh well, there's no mandate that all knives be manufactured like this in Britain, and I imagine few people will buy such a knife.
Not yet anyway. I wouldn't be too surprised though if after a few months of people lobbying for "safety" Britain outlaws regular knives and suddenly british chefs are forced to buy inferior knives for exorbitant prices.

I mean this is the same country that outlawed the Bat'leth, and now only outlaws will have Bat'leth's.
Quote:
Old 06-21-2009, 05:31 PM   #13
zerademark

Even with these "safe knifes" I bet it is possible to kill someone with it, making it a usseless invention. Everything Touched by the likes of Mankind is Nothing more than a Tool of Destruction
3 It is not "You and me", instead it is "Me and you". At the same time "M" is capitalized.
zerademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:43 PM   #14
Godslayer Jillian

Why is everyone talking about murder? This is obviously not an invention to make knives mom-deadly.
It just fucking means you just have the fucking choice between a knife with which you can accidentally stab yourself and a knife with which you can't.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:05 PM   #15
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
It just fucking means you just have the fucking choice between a knife with which you can accidentally stab yourself and a knife with which you can't.
How do you accidentaly stab yourself with a knife? I can understand accidentally cutting yourself, but anyone who places a knife in a position to accidentally fataly stab themselves with a kitchen knife is probobly trying to kill themselves, or is an idiot and shouldn't be allowed around knives in the first place. It's along the same lines as accidentally shooting yourself with a shotgun (not a sheared off shot gun).

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:09 PM   #16
zerademark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
How do you accidentaly stab yourself with a knife? I can understand accidentally cutting yourself, but anyone who places a knife in a position to accidentally fataly stab themselves is probobly trying to kill themselves, or is an idiot and shouldn't be allowed around knives in the first place. It's along the same lines as accidentally shooting yourself with a shotgun (not a sheared off shot gun).
Au ' contrare my friend, people have shot themself with a shotgun accidently. Knifes however a different subject. Besides, the article clearly said that the inventor invented the "safe" knife to reduce the number of killings and accidental cuttings.
3 It is not "You and me", instead it is "Me and you". At the same time "M" is capitalized.
zerademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:21 PM   #17
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerademark View Post
Even with these "safe knifes" I bet it is possible to kill someone with it, making it a usseless invention. Everything Touched by the likes of Mankind is Nothing more than a Tool of Destruction
Oh how right you are.
Quote:
Old 06-21-2009, 07:30 PM   #18
gothicusmaximus

When I see an ordinary knife, I experience no impulse that could potentially bring harm to myself or another. However, when I see these knives, I want to grab them and stab someone repeatedly in order to evaluate how 'anti-stab' they really are. They're actually more dangerous.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:38 PM   #19
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
How do you accidentaly stab yourself with a knife? I can understand accidentally cutting yourself, but anyone who places a knife in a position to accidentally fataly stab themselves with a kitchen knife is probobly trying to kill themselves, or is an idiot and shouldn't be allowed around knives in the first place. It's along the same lines as accidentally shooting yourself with a shotgun (not a sheared off shot gun).
See, now you're not thinking about stabbing someone else, but you're still thinking about stabbing to death.
It's easy to stab yourself with a knife. I've gotten one in the foot and the thigh throughout my life. That's not going to kill me. Equally, a kid hitting a corner of a table won't kill him, yet not many people have problems with corner cushions.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 06-21-2009, 07:56 PM   #20
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Au ' contrare
Haha, asshole.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:58 PM   #21
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
See, now you're not thinking about stabbing someone else, but you're still thinking about stabbing to death.
It's easy to stab yourself with a knife. I've gotten one in the foot and the thigh throughout my life. That's not going to kill me. Equally, a kid hitting a corner of a table won't kill him, yet not many people have problems with corner cushions.
Quote:
I made my post in response to the second quote which speaks of stabbing yourself and specificly spoke of fatally stabbing yourself. But you do have a valid point.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:12 PM   #22
Godslayer Jillian

I never spoke about 'fatally' stabbing yourself, but you see my point. The only problem is the price, but seriously the comments in this thread kind of bug me. Looks like so much annoyed thought to a valid consumer product.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 06-21-2009, 08:24 PM   #23
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus View Post
When I see an ordinary knife, I experience no impulse that could potentially bring harm to myself or another. However, when I see these knives, I want to grab them and stab someone repeatedly in order to evaluate how 'anti-stab' they really are. They're actually more dangerous.
Truth. 'T is part of the human condition to want to carry out our own experiments...

And what about things like tomatoes, where the points come in handy? I consistently use the point to break the skin of the tomato, since it results in fewer founts of tomato juice and less manging of the meat of the tomato.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:50 PM   #24
Despanan

Jill, you can still stab yourself/others with these knives, it's just harder to do it fatally.

As for people getting up in arms about, what is in all actuality, an inferior knife with a high price tag, I'd figure we're perfectly justified.

This product is stupid and born out of paranoia. It should not exist, and barring action by the British government, Hopefully it will cease to exist very soon.
Quote:
Old 06-22-2009, 12:04 AM   #25
Still Jack

Quote:
Au ' contrare my friend, people have shot themself with a shotgun accidently. Knifes however a different subject. Besides, the article clearly said that the inventor invented the "safe" knife to reduce the number of killings and accidental cuttings.
Don't use foreign languages if you can't employ them without making mistakes. It's a pet peeve of mine. It should be "Au contraire". Conard...
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote