Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 09-20-2008, 07:52 AM   #1
Serren

I'm new (serren)

Hi,

Basic intro: I'm 28, female and from the UK. I'm part way through a degree in social sciences. I'm married and a step mother to two kids, a girl 18 and a boy 13.

I like writing poetry and have had a little success with being published on the small poetry scene here in the UK.

Somewhat stereotypically one of my favorite bands is Bauhaus and I managed to catch them the last time they played in the city I live in. I like a lot of the old Victorian novels and the clothes from that era.

Serren.
Serren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:02 AM   #2
Geoluhread

Welcome to the boards!!
I think you'll enjoy your time here
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:02 AM   #3
MegearaErotica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serren

I like a lot of the old Victorian novels and the clothes from that era.

Serren.
If you like victorian era clothing, you should look up gothic loli ta clothing. It's like a dark look with a lot of influence from victorian children's clothes.
Also welcome to the forum.
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 10:38 AM   #4
a morbid curiosity

Salutations and fair tidings, Serren. You'll fit in just fine here.
a morbid curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:35 AM   #5
Fatbaby

Welcome to the forum Serren.
Fatbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 12:54 PM   #6
DireWolf

I am new as well.

Hello, I am DireWolf, A little background, Im 38 yrs old male, live in the States and am looking for a place were I can fit in. As I was growing up I had a firm liking to anything dark/ Gothic, but was shunned for it. I kept it a secret, On the backburner for all these years and through the torture of being raised not to have interest in such things have come to the realization of who I am as difficult as it was! I am Gothic and will remain so! I would love to meet others who feel as I do and can relate. I have little friends and the ones I do have are, you guessed it... Goth or Pagan. So If I could be admitted here it would be truly a blessing.
DireWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 02:37 PM   #7
Geoluhread

DireWolf... Start your own thread... Don't post into other people's threads... That's one

The Second thing, gothic/pagan?!!
I'm not goth, and my information on the goth subculture is not that rich, but i know better than that... You can be both but they're not the same thing dear... Correct me if i misunderstood
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:30 PM   #8
DireWolf

I was only referring to people I relate too , that`s all.
DireWolf is offline   Reply With Quote