Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:02 PM   #51
Pineapple_Juice

That's why I have scarring. When I used to break out bad I couldn't not pick at it. Even tiny blackheads and such-had to squeeze 'em out. I used to get a magnifying mirror and sit in the bathroom for hours and hours picking at my face. Gross, I know. And then I'd have to wash my face all over and slather it in Neosporin and stay in the house for a few days until my skin healed up enough for the makeup to make a slight difference.

Ew. High school.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:09 AM   #52
korinna5555

Even though I have roseaca, which makes my cheeks perpetually red, I think I look better without foundation. When I stopped using foundation and powder every day, and just let my face be.. it cleared up a WHOLE bunch. Now I just get a pimple on my chin when it's that time of the month. >_<

I looooove the oil cleansing method. You clean your face with oil.. sounds weird, but it works great! I use jojoba oil.. :]
Old 05-05-2009, 08:52 AM   #53
SiouxsiePernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
That's why I have scarring. When I used to break out bad I couldn't not pick at it. Even tiny blackheads and such-had to squeeze 'em out. I used to get a magnifying mirror and sit in the bathroom for hours and hours picking at my face. Gross, I know. And then I'd have to wash my face all over and slather it in Neosporin and stay in the house for a few days until my skin healed up enough for the makeup to make a slight difference.

Ew. High school.
I also have facial scarring due to acne. Do you use a product called Bio-Oil? I have found it very effective in reducing the appearance of the pigmentation.
SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:59 AM   #54
honeythorn

I use Bio oil. It's not bad, pricey though.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:43 PM   #55
Pineapple_Juice

Nah, I've never heard of it. I usually slather vitamin E all over from those little capsules. It's cheap, as am I. Dunno what it's actually doing for my face though. I should try Bio-Oil.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:46 PM   #56
StarredLeaf

Aloe Vera works too in clearing acne scars. I know I bought the Jason Aloe Vera moisturizing one that is 98% aloe vera and it works great. You gotta make sure it actually has aloe vera in it though.
StarredLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:57 AM   #57
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucifix View Post
Do you all have a list or brand of makeup and hair stuff that you are devoted to?
A line called "Annabelle" is pretty good, also "Prestige" is excellent.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 05:02 AM   #58
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
Nah, I've never heard of it. I usually slather vitamin E all over from those little capsules. It's cheap, as am I. Dunno what it's actually doing for my face though. I should try Bio-Oil.
Mmmmm, I hear it is good for reducing small scars. I believe that vitamin E is an antioxidant too, but not sure.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:48 PM   #59
dmarisca

Mascara - Revlon Fantas
Lip gloss - Body Shop
Hair Product – Aveda

I’ve tried other mineral makeup such as Sheer cover… but I always go back to Bare Minerals which looks natural. I’m really not sure if that is a good or a bad thing since there are so many great products out on the market now. I'm constantly asking for answers on online shopping to get good products.
dmarisca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:14 PM   #60
Serren

I've found clinique anti blemish great in stopping me getting spots. I only use the cleansing foam, but it is expensive.

I'd go back and see another doctor if you can and ask them what they can do. I get something to put on my skin from the doc which helps it has some anti biotic and zinc stuff in it. They can sometimes put you on anti biotics if your skin is really bad, and they should do that before they refer you to a dermatologist.

Some docs don't like to treat acne which is a bit unfair really. It can cause scarring (as mine did).
Serren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:58 AM   #61
Anima_Severem

I'd wear makeup if I could find some that doesn't make me look like a fucking clown.

I'm naturally very pale, I cook in the sun and I hate the feeling of makeup.

...I did use my calligraphy ink sticks to make lip color once though. It actually didn't look half bad.

But my hair looks like hell with black makeup.
Anima_Severem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 03:01 PM   #62
Laetizia

Although MAC is my fave brand, I really do love L'oreal's HIP cream eyeliner in the pot. That shit stays on forever.
I also really love MAC's Mattene lipsticks. Did anyone pick up the blackish ones from last fall's Cult of Cherry collection?
Laetizia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 05:02 AM   #63
SiouxsiePernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laetizia View Post
Did anyone pick up the blackish ones from last fall's Cult of Cherry collection?
I didn't have an opportunity to, because they sold out very quickly.

SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:42 AM   #64
Catch101

St. Ives Cellulite Shield Body Lotion

Stuff is AMAZING.
Catch101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:03 PM   #65
Caroline Kershaw

the brand I use is lacolors and its cheap and works very well
I use their white eyeshadow to pale my face out and stuff
like that.
Caroline Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:11 PM   #66
violetrevolution

Make up for ever has a ton of great stuff. I only use the paraben free stuff though. Check their site out, makeupforever.com or you can buy most of their stuff at Sephora.
violetrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:12 PM   #67
Jaye Jang

This is a site I posted on 'Shill.' This site is for beauty on a budget. (Ordinarily, Sally Beauty supplies are only for professional cosmetologist/hairdressers, etc., but one of the good things about the current economy is that they are now open to the public). So, here is where to go to get HIGH-QUALITY beauty supplies -- cheap. I'm currently looking there for Hallowe'en ideas (believe it or not they actually have temporary Glow-in-the-dark hair color). I'm also looking at a tricolor hair extender, brown/black/flaming red they have that's very nice.

http://www.sallybeauty.com/
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:55 PM   #68
Solumina

Sally has been open to the public for quite some time, I have been getting hair dye there for years, though they are the only non-local one that comes to mind but some of the shops around here have started expanding their clientele as well.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:21 PM   #69
Ko Pilot

I actually wash my face with four different things every day or two: Anew Clinical dermabrasion, Clearskin anti-bacterial cleansing scrub, Clearskin Immediate Response acne cleanser, and Aveeno Clear Complexion. Honestly, I've tried a million things that this is all that works for me. It sounds like a harsh routine, but y face is smooth and evenly toned afterward.

As for makeup, I go with drugstrore brand shadow, some kind of Covergirl foundation (only reasonably priced one I've found that matches), Avon mascara and liner, and Urban Decay for other fancy things.

(I love having a grama that works for Avon... I get so much shit from her.)
Ko Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:01 PM   #70
vindicatedxjin

I like urban decay, L'oreals HIP, and Mac. Cosmetic wise.

And as cleanser I use Soap and Glory scrub your nose in it.

and Soap and Glory rejuvinating serum.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:52 PM   #71
Mz Devildoll

I too have bad skin and very uneven skin tones. However, after researching hours online I read (and tried) That milk clears your skin tones up as well as lightens up scars (because as we know scars don't just go away). So how to make milk stay on your face? Mix it up with enough flour for it to be somewhat thick. I know it sounds weird but 2 times a night makes a difference!!! plus its a money saver...

BTW I definitely agree that a girl should wear foundation and concealer while wearing eyeshadow and Lipstick. If a girl wants the "natural" look... why is she wearing harsh lipsticks in the first place???

I love Micabella eye shadows the colors are so pretty and long lasting! Beware the Sales people they will take all your money though!!!

Lipsticks- Any matte lipsticks I love... MAC or the Revlon ones are all amazing

foundation and Concealer... I use Victoria Secret... weird right??? but their foundation is awesome!! Gunky if you don't put it on right though
Mz Devildoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:53 PM   #72
Mz Devildoll

Oh Oh Oh ... funny trick... for washing your face use any hand soap!!! its meant to be an antibacterial!!! so it clears your face and it lightens up fantastic!!
Old 09-08-2009, 05:59 PM   #73
Sendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz Devildoll View Post
Oh Oh Oh ... funny trick... for washing your face use any hand soap!!! its meant to be an antibacterial!!! so it clears your face and it lightens up fantastic!!
Do you have any recommendations? All hand soaps I use would be too drying for my face.
Sendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:18 PM   #74
Mz Devildoll

What you don't want to use is Dish soap!!! that dries up your face... Good recommendations??? I have used Dial... and it works great. I have never had any bad drying, and i have very sensitive skin so I hope it wont dry yours.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:00 PM   #75
Sendo

Thank you, I'll try that, and next time could you please refrain from using multiple question marks? It breaks the flow of the post and is distracting. Thank you.
Sendo is offline   Reply With Quote