Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:13 AM   #1
Ben Lahnger

Spider-Man foils comic book thief in Australia

Spider-Man foils comic book thief in Australia

Jedi Knights and The Flash lend an assist!

Ben - This story just made my day. Read through the whole thing for full effect.

SOURCE

A comic book shop owner in Australia became a real-life superhero when he caught a robber red-handed.

Michael Baulderstone, who was dressed as Spider-Man for a promotional event, spied a customer behaving suspiciously.

CCTV footage shows him "leap" into action and confront the would-be shoplifter who had slipped a AU$160 (£97) X-Men book into his bag.

Mr Baulderstone said customers at the shop in Adelaide thought it was a stunt until he asked them to call the police.

CCTV footage caught the moment 'Spider-Man' confronted the thief

"We had about 40 people dressed up as their favourite superheroes to celebrate International Free Comic Day, so he [the thief] didn't have much of a choice but to hand the X-Men Omnibus back after a little bit of a scuffle," Mr Baulderstone told the Adelaide Advertiser.

He said a group of Jedi knights blocked the door to prevent the thief from escaping, as The Flash looked on.

"I've had a look at the security footage and it shows Spiderman running down the corridor of the shop, grabbing this guy, hauling him off," said the 45-year-old.

"It was a bit serious at the time, but now we're looking back laughing at what greeted police when they arrived."

Mr Baulderstone says he can look back and laugh now

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
Saya

Hahahaha! I love that Jedi knights helped him out. Secretly, I think this is the stuff we wish would happen when we dress up as superheroes.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote