Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 06-09-2011, 05:45 PM   #26
Stormtrooper of Death

Thanks for the well wishes from everybody! And yes, canes do rock.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:18 PM   #27
Grausamkeit

So do nun tits!!!!
Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:39 PM   #28
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Here you go. 500 years old and still perky:

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #29
Grausamkeit

I like stiffies!
Old 06-10-2011, 04:38 PM   #30
CarrionCorpse

Hey man, when I saw you in the wheelchair you looked like Professor X, thats always a plus:P
CarrionCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:40 PM   #31
Stormtrooper of Death

Yeah, now I'll just need to learn to talk like Patrick Stewart and we'll be set.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:22 PM   #32
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death View Post
And yes, canes do rock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
So do nun tits!!!!
Oh my! If that's the way you're bent, you should pull up Bing's video search, turn off 'safe search' and search for "nun fuck"!

Holy fucking intercourse, Batman!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:56 AM   #33
Grausamkeit

SoD, congrats on leaving the hospital!
Old 06-12-2011, 10:38 AM   #34
Ben Lahnger

Hey! They should make a cane with a Fleshlight hidden in the handle! LOL!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 06-13-2011, 01:25 PM   #35
Stormtrooper of Death

My release date might be moved up to this Friday, so I might get out early. I'll be using Lofstrand canes on each arm until I can move to a regular cane, but things are looking good sofar.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:35 PM   #36
CarrionCorpse

Great news Kyle! Can't wait until you're out:P
Old 06-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #37
Stormtrooper of Death

Me too. Party at my house! JK, I don't want to fall down and break anything else this summer.
Stormtrooper of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:12 PM   #38
Ben Lahnger

Right? Don't be like me.

Once in the winter in Waukesha, Wisconsin, I was out hobbling around on crutches with my right foot in a cast (broken outer metatarsal.) I went to the bar and got so drunk they made me leave. Then, on my way out I was pissed about getting thrown out, so I whacked the bar window with my right crutch hard enough to make the glass rattle.

I wasn't expecting the bartender to come out and chase me, so there I was launching myself down the street like a panicked midget on two vaulting poles! He never caught me, and ended up yelling at me as I sped away that I wasn't welcome back.

Good thing I didn't plant either crutch on some ice and slip badly during that frenzied flight.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 06-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #39
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Right? Don't be like me.

Once in the winter in Waukesha, Wisconsin, I was out hobbling around on crutches with my right foot in a cast (broken outer metatarsal.) I went to the bar and got so drunk they made me leave. Then, on my way out I was pissed about getting thrown out, so I whacked the bar window with my right crutch hard enough to make the glass rattle.

I wasn't expecting the bartender to come out and chase me, so there I was launching myself down the street like a panicked midget on two vaulting poles! He never caught me, and ended up yelling at me as I sped away that I wasn't welcome back.

Good thing I didn't plant either crutch on some ice and slip badly during that frenzied flight.
Waueksha county, city, or town?(for those of you who don't know, the town of Waukesha is in and around the city of Waukesha which is in Waukesha county, yeah it's kind of crazy. If in the city or town, which bar?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:44 PM   #40
Ben Lahnger

City. Holy crap, you want me to remember the name of a hole-in-the-wall dive bar I used to hang out in decades ago?!? I'd be surprised if the building was still there.

*Hold on ... doing research*

Yep, the section of Main Street it used to be on doesn't even exist any more. The green arrow shows where the building used to stand.

Google Map

Main street used to continue west past the point where it currently turns south and becomes NW Ave; it crossed the Fox River with a lovely little bridge then curved south to cross W. Wisconsin and connect with southwest bound Riverwalk Dr. So the street, the bridge and the bar are all gone. I remember when they eliminated the bridge and turned that end of Main Street into a cul-du-sac, but since then they've eliminated it completely.

But it was a real dive, and a peculiar building. It was very narrow, but long. So there was room for a pinball machine at the front by the door, then the long bar with a single row of bar stools and enough room between them and the wall for foot traffic and a slim video game or two, and there was a pool table (in cramped quarters) and the bathrooms at the far end. I think it was like 12 or 15 feet wide and hundreds of feet long. And ugly too. They didn't really try to keep the building up. Good for nothing much but getting drunk. LOL!

P.S. I grew up in Waukesha County (from 5th grade on) and when I moved out of my parents house I lived in the city of Waukesha for years.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 06-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #41
Renatus

Quote:
City. Holy crap, you want me to remember the name of a hole-in-the-wall dive bar I used to hang out in decades ago?!? I'd be surprised if the building was still there.

*Hold on ... doing research*

Yep, the section of Main Street it used to be on doesn't even exist any more. The green arrow shows where the building used to stand.

Google Map

Main street used to continue west past the point where it currently turns south and becomes NW Ave; it crossed the Fox River with a lovely little bridge then curved south to cross W. Wisconsin and connect with southwest bound Riverwalk Dr. So the street, the bridge and the bar are all gone. I remember when they eliminated the bridge and turned that end of Main Street into a cul-du-sac, but since then they've eliminated it completely.

But it was a real dive, and a peculiar building. It was very narrow, but long. So there was room for a pinball machine at the front by the door, then the long bar with a single row of bar stools and enough room between them and the wall for foot traffic and a slim video game or two, and there was a pool table (in cramped quarters) and the bathrooms at the far end. I think it was like 12 or 15 feet wide and hundreds of feet long. And ugly too. They didn't really try to keep the building up. Good for nothing much but getting drunk. LOL!

P.S. I grew up in Waukesha County (from 5th grade on) and when I moved out of my parents house I lived in the city of Waukesha for years.
I wonder how much the owner got for the land, that whole area has been improving as you can see on the map as part of the efforts to fix up the downtown. After(for those who don't know) all Waukesha used to be an upper class spa town catering to company founders(such as the founder of sears) and widowed first lady Mary Todd Lincoln. I just wish we could restore the springs to their former glory, rather than the polluted mess they are today. Waukesha used to be a victorian era paradise.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 06-13-2011, 05:36 PM   #42
Ben Lahnger

Well, the "victorian era paradise" had a problem. The way the roads leading to downtown were laid down right where old Indian paths had cleared the trees and brush, without any regard to city planning, was bad. That's what led to the center of town being fed into by 5 streets (like the spokes all coming together at the center of a wheel) ... yep, at one point they had a 5-way, red-light intersection!

When traffic got too congested they first fixed it be making a bunch of the streets one-way. Then they closed off the center axle of the town by paving it over and putting a little gazebo in the center, while deflecting the incoming streets out again. That just caused people to not want to drive downtown, a bunch of stores lost business (some closed forever) and the gazebo became a gang hangout and a target for grafitti.

But apparently they learned their lesson, because the gazebo is gone and the traffic can go through again:

Google Map

By the way, did you know that The Great Train Robbery of 1949 was never solved?

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 06-13-2011, 05:42 PM   #43
Ben Lahnger

Hey, if you're really into the history of the "springs", which was all a giant con, you might be familiar with Horeb Spring Park.

At one point a buddy of mine and I used to go there every day after work and polish off a case of Bub's Beer. Yeah, sounds high class, don't it?

It was cheap beer. It cost us less than $3 a case. I remember the slogan: "Bub's Beer, the beer that's fun to drink!"

Anyway, there's some healing waters for you! LOL!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 06-14-2011, 10:52 AM   #44
Stormtrooper of Death

More good news, I'm getting out this Thursday! Earlier than expected, then I'll have to start my outpatient therapy at Mercy Hospital. It should last a few months and then I'll be able to walk and drive again completely by myself!
Old 06-14-2011, 11:19 AM   #45
Ami

That is great news SoD
Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:48 AM   #46
Ben Lahnger

That is very good news! I hope physical therapy goes well for you.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 06-14-2011, 12:00 PM   #47
Grausamkeit

Awesome news! Being stuck in a hospital is dead boring, even if they are pumping you full of pain meds.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Old 06-14-2011, 12:39 PM   #48
CarrionCorpse

Yayyyy Kyle!!!
Old 06-14-2011, 01:53 PM   #49
Renatus

Quote:
Hey, if you're really into the history of the "springs", which was all a giant con, you might be familiar with Horeb Spring Park.
Weren't all Victorian cures giant cons? It would still be nice to have the springs back up the way they were.. Hell the some of the modern wells are drying up now even.

But congratulations on getting on the hospital Stormtrooper.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:35 PM   #50
Stormtrooper of Death

Thanks everybody. I'm having a friend visit me tonight, so I'm excited for that as well!