Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 01-10-2022, 11:55 PM   #1
Amfor

How to stop being shy?

I'm a terribly shy person. This is especially noticeable when it comes to meeting someone. Sometimes I can't say a word out of embarrassment.
Amfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 12:12 AM   #2
Dracula90

Maybe you should see a psychologist? Probably, there are some reasons for your embarrassment. Anyway, think about it.
Dracula90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 03:13 PM   #3
Tragic Blackheart

social anxiety is tricky

I suggest you contact a support group near you who help people with that kind of thing, first one that I can think of would be the charity called MIND, or ask at your GP surgery perhaps? Good luck.
Tragic Blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 07:08 PM   #4
ninadobrev

You should understand and accept yourself, embracing your unique contexto qualities and recognizing that self-acceptance is a powerful foundation for personal growth and overcoming shyness.
ninadobrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 02:30 PM   #5
Zaez3n

I used to be incredibly shy too, struggling to find my voice and feeling embarrassed in social situations. Meeting new people was particularly challenging, as I often found myself unable to utter a single word.

However, individual therapy helped me overcome my shyness.
During my therapy sessions, I discovered valuable tools and techniques that gradually empowered me to break free from my shyness.

One key aspect was learning to understand and challenge my negative thoughts and self-perceptions. The therapist helped me identify the underlying beliefs that fueled my shyness and guided me in replacing them with more positive and realistic ones.

So I really recommend you go to a psychiatrist.
If you have the opportunity, you can even go to the psychiatrist in NYC, which I also went to.
Zaez3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 01:42 AM   #6
The Raven

To overcome fear, you must face it. First, work on yourself so you feel confident in your own skin. When you achieve that, walk among people and it will get better and better. Simple as that.
The Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 05:04 AM   #7
Grunthos

My preferred method of dealing with social anxiety is avoidance. Unless i really need to see people such as at a work meeting that cannot be realistically avoided then I just routinely avoid social situations that would make me uncomfortable . I see it as a conscious preference rather than a disability. This approach has worked successfully for me for several decades.
Grunthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 03:47 AM   #8
edwardterr

I feel you. drywalldallas.com
edwardterr is offline   Reply With Quote