Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 04-14-2005, 03:40 AM   #26
CptSternn

I'm bisexual actually, so that doesn't really bother me at all. As previously mentioned, I used to own a primarily gay club.

And once again the irnony here is astounding. We start a thread about gay bashing and the normal three gay bashers show up to attack those who wish to discuss gay bashing.

EPS, Binky, And Of Course Ally.

I'm proud of who I am. It appears from the early parts of this post others here are also of different sexuality and they too are proud of what they are. The fact that someone thinks waving a pride flag is somehow offensive shows the demenor of their convictions.

Actually I HAVE a REAL picture of me waving the same flag at the Richmond Pride parade in 2002. I helped organise as well as sponsored the afterparty for the 2002 event. I'll have some pix of that soon online, so you don't have to spend all day adding those flags.

Ally - you think being gay is obviously something to be ashamed of, and demonstrated fully the point we were discussing before you and the other two stooges decided to hi-jack our discussion. You are the ipitomy of an anti-gay american. Why do you hate gays so much? Is it because you are still in the closet?

Why not just put an NAACP flag in the picture of me there? Or in the previous picture, put a picture of a black man instead of a gay man (the one you cropped of me in my room)? Would that be in bad taste? What makes you think attacking gays is any less bigotted and racist?

Glad to see you making my point for me. Why not throw some anti-semitic stuff up there and round out your views for everyone so we know where you stand?

It shows who here has issues with gays, and who runs from the topic and attacks anyone who makes a pro-gay stand. It also fully shows who here is a bigot, and supports the attacks on gays in america.

Until the mental mindset of the bigotted hatemongers in the states, and yes, even the ones here on this board change, don't expect attacks on gays in the states to decrease.

Slán
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 08:46 AM   #27
TeapotScar

Aside from the personal remarks to EPS, Al and Binkie, I'm with Sternn on this one. It's one thing to say "Oh, that's gay..." but it's quite another to take it to this level. You photoshopped a picture of Sternn holding a flag above a *grave* (*SOMEBODY*'s GRAVE) to be a gay flag. And then you called it an insult. It's easy to see where the line is crossed, here. I honestly think you owe the gay community an apology- being gay is not meant to be some huge insult... the fact that this even happened makes me re-think using the word "gay" with a negative connotation at all. If people don't know where to draw the line, then move the line...

Especially in wake of Xnguela's "Day of Silence" experiences... could you be any more disrespectful?

If it seems like I'm taking this personally, I'm sorry, but I am. Sexuality is something a lot of people struggle with, everyday, myself included.

How would you explain such a picture to your child, if s/he came out to you?
"I was trying to say how gay Sternn is."
"Is being gay a bad thing?"

What will you say??? And how will they believe you...

Please keep the insults on-topic, guys. Diss somebody's political views. Do it in a REALLY mean way, but don't touch their sexuality. It *is* biggotry, as Sternn said.

And Sternn, I think it would be lovely if you posted a picture of yourself waving the gay pride flag. I'd post a picture of myself celebrating bisexuality... but the picture's not exactly for those under the age of 18.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 08:59 AM   #28
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn

And once again the irnony here is astounding. We start a thread about gay bashing and the normal three gay bashers show up to attack those who wish to discuss gay bashing.

Umm could someone please explain how I am the normal gay basher??

I have pages and pages and pages of my lustful comments towards the luscious females of the board..

Plus my penchant for yummy Asian women..

I think, no, I KNOW I have even hit on Binkie more than once..

Present me with Xiang Ziyi and I will commence to licking..

Fuck, after the last 24 hrs I may just start pitching for the other team full time..

But it really fucking pisses me of to be labeled a regular gay basher?

Uhh, what the fuck?

Over..

Tea, am I a ' Regular Gay Basher '?

Haven't I tried to sedcue you and your purdy roomate yet?

Plus I could do Sternn's tired bit, of ' I know someone, I licked her boobies, my best friend in Texas is, blah blah BULLSHIT.

But fuck that..

I am TOTALLY lost on this one..
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 09:10 AM   #29
TeapotScar

Yeah- EPS definitely does NOT bash gays. Sternn must just be lumping all of the people that "pwn" him on a regular basis, and lumping them into this category, as well. Careful when you get personal, Sternn. Maybe it's best for you to speak in general terms, so maybe people will lay off you? I don't know... just trying to make peace.

She posted this one picture of a hot Asian chick bending over, at an angle, so we could see the bottom of her boobs as her shirt went up... this is an image I will never forget.

And if you don't believe that EPS hearts the gays, I will *PERSONALLY* 69 her. I'm just that generous.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
Old 04-14-2005, 09:35 AM   #30
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeapotScar

And if you don't believe that EPS hearts the gays, I will *PERSONALLY* 69 her. I'm just that generous.
We may just have to do that..

Ya know just to make sure Cpt. WTF gets the point..

We might need Granny's help too..

And we DEFINITELY might need 2 bottles of Jasmine Oil and a Feather.

:roll: :twisted: :o

Oh and just where are these ' Over 18 ' only pics little sexzie missy?

8)

Oh and for the record, everyone I know, INCLUDING the band themselves, think YMCA is the funniest fucking song EVER!!

We are soooo not Gay Bashers, the Village People simply= uncontrollabe mirth!
Old 04-14-2005, 09:49 AM   #31
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaelstrom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkie
bub
Which was the Marvel her o who said "Bub" a lot?

Was it the "Thing" (Fantastic 4) or Luke Cage?

Damn.... :shock:

Stay off drugs, kids...
Hey Mael, it was WOLVERINE!

DERP!!!

Stay off drugs kids, or you'll end up as senile as Mael.

:lol:
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 09:54 AM   #32
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
Quote:

8)
I'll grab my handcuffs and chain Granny to the bed, you get the feather, and we'll each get a bottle of Jasmine oil, deal?

And don't worry about the pictures... I'll demonstrate!

Old 04-14-2005, 10:24 AM   #33
Binkie

Tell me what club you owned, Sternn, and where it was located. I plan to follow this one up.

Oh, and while you dig for the photos of you with a pride flag, see if you can find any of you standing next to the Congressmen you fly here so often to meet. I'd like to see you in your leather jacket full of pyramids and chains standing next to them.

Mael,
stop smoking the comic books, bub. :lol:
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 10:39 AM   #34
AlKilyu

Quote:
"Is being gay a bad thing?"
No. However, Sternn seems to think so.

And I ran that pic by Xng before posting. I run anything I think might be offensive to her past her first, and if she nixes it then I do as well (I had a pic of an egg committing suicide and I asked if it would offend). If she says to remove it, or apologize, then I shall.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 12:14 PM   #35
TeapotScar

...because Xng is the only person who's bisexual on gothic.net, and is, therefor, the end-all opinion on what is offensive? Riiiiiiight... I was just using her as an example, because she got punched in the stomach for being bisexual. I wasn't saying that that picture *did* offend her, I was saying it offends *me* in wake of what she went through.

And when Sternn was calling you gay, he wasn't saying it as a bad thing, he was just saying it because he knew *you* would take it as a bad thing. And you did.

I'm not attacking, I'm not mad at *anybody* I'm just saying that picture, which I do not connect with ANY of you (even though you posted it- I DO NOT take it to be something off of which I should base my opinion of you), that picture offends me.

It's over somebody's *grave*, for goodness sake. You're Christian, I would've thought you'd have more respect for the dead. That person has NOTHING TO DO with gothic.net at all. Respect for the dead. And the homosexuals, and the bisexuals. I've said it before, I'll say it again- attack *POLITICS*, not sexuality.

*EDIT* Looking at the post again, I remembered that you posted it on the Day of Silence. Classy? Not so much... You can do better, dude. I know you. You're above gay-bashing- don't feed Sternn with that fuel to "pwn" you. Win fair, win with your political beliefs.

Old 04-14-2005, 02:28 PM   #36
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkie
if you have doubts about the administration, why don't you look at Dick Cheney's daughter and his relationship to her. She's a lesbian and he openly supports her as well as gay rights. "Freedom means freedom for everyone."
I just wanted to mention that Cheney disagrees with most the administration’s policies dealing with homosexuality so you may not want to use him as an example
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 03:52 PM   #37
MrMaelstrom

S'ok Sternn, I bi as well: I normally only have sex with ladies, but sometimes I have to make do with just women. It's a bitch... :roll:
Old 04-14-2005, 03:57 PM   #38
Binkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
I just wanted to mention that Cheney disagrees with most the administration’s policies dealing with homosexuality so you may not want to use him as an example
He does disagree with certain paths that other members of the administration want to pursue against homosexuality. Some issues include the anti-gay marriage amendment, which doesn't get discussed much anymore by administration, and the bill that would exclude attacks against homosexuals as being "hate crimes." The latter was never even pursued and no longer really exists on the agenda.

Cheney has alot of influence in the Bush Administration. If you think his disagreement doesn't carry any clout or determine the executive branch's politics, I suggest you take a better look at his role durring the first Bush-Cheney term.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Old 04-14-2005, 04:23 PM   #39
MrMaelstrom

Isn't it simpler to make a law against prejudice in general, whether it be based on race, color or creed? Making "specific" laws for "specific" people doesn't seem to be a much different kind of prejudice.

And it isn't about the States, really. Abortion is illegal here in Portugal. The (now) former Minister of Defense prohibited a boat from the organization Women On Waves of entering my home town by placing two warships at the harbour entrance. A commitee of US republicans praised him for it officially.

Gay people have no rights here. Not long ago, they'd be legally considered criminals (along with straight sodomy and oral sex).

We're not much behind Spain when it comes to violent crimes against women commited by their husbands (tortured, beaten to death or simply murdered, sometimes along with the kids [usually after long years of all kinds of abuse, from **** to incest and paedophilia]).

The skins are back in force in my country as well, like mongrel dogs or vultures circling the vulnerable and weak of my society.

Corruption and tax evasion are the constant modus vivendi here.

Prostitution is illegal and reeks of AIDS. So do our overcrowded jails, who keep showing up in Amnesty International's Yearly report as not much better than the turkish. Same report where our rank is nothing but shamefull in many other areas.

So, what's fucked up in your part of the world (except for China, where everyone is happy, productive and free, that's why Europe and US are so keen to trade with it and seat it in the UN's Security Council)?
Old 04-14-2005, 06:31 PM   #40
AlKilyu

Quote:
Glad to see you making my point for me. Why not throw some anti-semitic stuff up there and round out your views for everyone so we know where you stand?
Thanks for bringing that up.

The person who did make those jokes later apologized and removed them, but there were two people here that did partake in a joke:

Q: How many Jews can you fit in a Volkswagon?
A: Two in the front, two in the back, and a million in the ashtray.

I made a stink, as did EPS. NONE...NOT ONE of you hypocrites here said shit. Not one of you. I won't mention names either, but if anyone is bothered by disrespect of the dead, I did not see that person protesting the joke.

I did.

EPS did.

I hate bringing that up because one of the people involved is someone I love dearly (a man :O !) and since everything was worked out. But I'm calling out the other 99% of those who saw fit to stay quiet during that time.

Respecting the dead: Sternn made a joke awhile back, bragging that in a bar he made a crack to some Yankee fans about how no one hated the Boston team enough to fly a couple of planes into their buildings, he thought it was funny.

I, Manimal, EPS, ice and Binkie said that was wrong. No one else did. When I reminded this board of that joke (it was in a sports thread, easily missed by goths) Granny got pissed, but the rest of those "so appaulled" here did not.

Where were you all then?

I won't respond to the comments about us being "anti-gay", because anyone with half a brain knows better. Those whom matter know better. Even Sternn knows better, but he sees it as an opportunity to deflect the heat off of him onto someone else.

But the gay movement:

Poor Xng was attacked yesterday at her school by some fuckhead because she was bi. I was IMing her after it happened and I was livid. I asked her what school she went to so I could call the officials and tell them to look for a blonde kid with a "Straight Pride" shirt on, but much to my dismay, she said alot of people were wearing those shirts, and that she did in fact notify the school. I felt so helpless. I wanted blood. Had she lived a state away, I'd have risked jail time punching that kid in the mouth. I was having a sort of shitty day, but that ruined it.

SO

In the Thoughts on gay marriage? people were rightfully giving Xng their condolences on the incident, when Sternn chimes in:

Quote:
X -

My advise is to stand strong to your convictions. People who attack gays do so out of either fear or ignorance. Either way they represent the worst of society, and know that they themselves will never amount to anything until they confront their own personal demons. You will see those who are the most anti-gay are so as they themselves are gay, but due to family/social probems, they are forced to remain in hiding and lash out at anyone who is able to come out and be happy.
Nice, right? Maybe Sternn is turning over a new leaf? Hell, he posted outside of Politics and wasn't shilling some concert! Is he turning into a better person? Is his title as the Most Disliked Person On Gothic unfounded?

Well read the rest of his post:

Quote:
Also, to those following this thread, we have a similar one in the politic discussion board on gay bashing, but alas, the anti-gay people on this site have hi-jacked it and turned it into a gay-bashing thread itself.

Slán
Nope. He was setting up for a 'call to arms', trying to get people to attack three he does not like based on an unfounded lie that even he knows to be a lie.

He used an attack on one of the boards most beloved members, if not the most, to start more fights (which lets face it, he loves doing that) and to deflect the heat off of him.

Now who is sick?
Old 04-15-2005, 07:36 AM   #41
CptSternn

Your facination with me is getting to feel more like stalking. Is there something your not telling us ally?

Glad to see your tracking all my posts daily to see what I say where and taking the time to browse my homepage and lift images and spend hours photoshoping them. I should start a mailing list and fan club and start charging.

But yes, what you said and what you have put forth is quite offensive, not just to me, but many others. The fact that you not only fail to knowledge this, but spend your first posts after posting this offensive material attacking me and claiming that your bigotted images and comments were merely in response to something I posted that you found offensive in a joke thread six months ago is just weak.

What does something I said in a joke thread, please note the name UNCENSORED joke thread that also came with a warning message by the original poster (a mod I might add).

If you find my humor offensive, then don't go browsing through the uncensored joke thread.

I still don't see how that justifies in anyway you making fun of gay people. My humor, although possibly offensive, was done in a proper joke thread, for humor purposes. Your comments were meant as a personal attack, and although you might have meant for it to be funny, you also meant it as an outright attack on gays.

And EPS - look at your posts FOLLOWING allys posts. You not only laughed at his bigotted attacks, you made a dozen or so of your own - complete with more pictures. It wasn't until Tea mentioned you out on it a few posts ago you acknowledged that what ally did was wrong.

Slán
Old 04-15-2005, 12:38 PM   #42
Binkie

Mmmm... all this lying. It's incredible. As soon as I start my polygraph company, Sternn, I'll need to use you as a control for it. If it shows any truth being told while your mouth is flapping, I'll know it's defective.

Anyways, your "joke" was posted in a sports thread that was meant for serious discussion, not the uncesored joke thread. Not that we need to rely on that incident alone though, as you've done numerous other "jokes" with similarly offensive content. Let's not forget your tirade around the political forum in which you posted photos of dead American soldiers and sported it as the funniest thing in the world. Even the liberals yelled at you for that one. You tried to say you were "teaching people a leason," but still no one accepted that as an excuse for your behavior... like the time you got all bent out of shape and called someone a "cunt."

Old 04-15-2005, 01:26 PM   #43
AlKilyu

And talk about hijacking threads.

He got into a gay bashing thread and somehow was able to drop George W's name. You know George, right Sternn? The guy that won? The guy that actually served in the military?

Old 04-15-2005, 02:32 PM   #44
Disfunction

Alright. This is getting absurd.

We all agree that gay bashing is wrong, however, Sternn bringing up Bush was a bad move. A very, very bad move. Of COURSE people are going to disagree, and it would seem he's just trying to get a rise out of people.

The reason why people brought up the IRA, Sternn, is because that's who YOU side with. They side with Bush, you side with the IRA. It's logical for someone to make that rebuttal.

Let's all take a nice, deep breath and realize that people won't necessarily agree with our political views, but at least we can all agree that gay bashings are terrible, and when people experience such things, it's even more terrible than the concept itself.

This was about gay bashing, not about politicians in power, and regardless of what Bush's views may be, it's society's fault for letting such hateful acts carry over, NOT those in power. As Binkie pointed out though, Bush has said he's not out to attack homosexuals. So let's leave this thread on topic, and FOR ONCE, let's agree on something rather than instigating conflict.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 02:48 PM   #45
MrMaelstrom

Damn right!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2005, 08:03 PM   #46
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
And EPS - look at your posts FOLLOWING allys posts. You not only laughed at his bigotted attacks, you made a dozen or so of your own - complete with more pictures.

It wasn't until Tea mentioned you out on it a few posts ago you acknowledged that what ally did was wrong.

Slán
Sorry I am so slow to respond, I had more entertaining things to do..

OK Cpt Boring, show me WHERE I said at ANY TIME that what AL posted was wrong???

Quote:
Quote:

Umm could someone please explain how I am the normal gay basher??

I have pages and pages and pages of my lustful comments towards the luscious females of the board..

Plus my penchant for yummy Asian women..

I think, no, I KNOW I have even hit on Binkie more than once..

Present me with Xiang Ziyi and I will commence to licking..

Fuck, after the last 24 hrs I may just start pitching for the other team full time..

But it really fucking pisses me of to be labeled a regular gay basher?

Uhh, what the fuck?

Over..

Tea, am I a ' Regular Gay Basher '?

Haven't I tried to sedcue you and your purdy roomate yet?

Plus I could do Sternn's tired bit, of ' I know someone, I licked her boobies, my best friend in Texas is, blah blah BULLSHIT.

But fuck that..

I am TOTALLY lost on this one..
Quote:
Quote:

8)

Oh and for the record, everyone I know, INCLUDING the band themselves, think YMCA is the funniest fucking song EVER!!

We are soooo not Gay Bashers, the Village People simply= uncontrollabe mirth!
Grow the Hell up Sternn..

We're not bigots, and its pathetic even for YOU, that is the best you can come with in your rapidly ebbing bag of lame retorts..

You, with the PWNED pics of dead american soldiers, calling US bigots..

You making jokes about the WTC, calling US bigots..

I'm sure I could dig up a pedophile joke you have made, or two..

But your too boring to waste the effort on..

The amusing thing is, when your cornered, YOU LIE...

I reccomend you go over the ^^^ words with a fine tooth comb and good luck finding ANY PART of my posts up there where I say at ANYTIME Al was wrong..

Lame Lame Lame...

Oh and the Village People are STILL fucking funny!

Old 04-18-2005, 06:36 AM   #47
CptSternn

Bottom line is in a gay bashing thread you three didny have the common decency to realise your own comments were attacking gays. Shows what mentality the current state is there in the us.

It's like talking to the old men in the country club I used to go to when I worked in the states. 80 year old men making references to the 'coloreds' and their 'ways'. They would say it in front of everyone, not knowing that their comments, racist and bigotted as they were, were offensive.

Same thing here. People make comments, and don't even realise the impact as in their minds, they see humor, not an attack on a group of people.

Also, lets get back to the bush thing. I know for some reason whenever a politico discussion starts for some odd reason binkie thinks that bringing the ira in to it will somehow justify bushs stance? Hows that work?

First the IRA stance on gays is the same as it is on buying low end bonds and investing in social security - they could care less. It has nothing to do with them. Why not ask top members of the DPK what they think about investing in california mutal bonds? It's not even a point you can argue.

Bush however made a campaign issue out of stopping gay marriage. He put it in front of the iraq war during the last election. He used every speech to talk about how the 'destruction' of the 'sacred institution' (exact quotes there) would be facilitated by the sanctioning of gay marriage. He open himself up for that - even his own people saw this and decided not to vote for him. I am refering to the Log Cabin Republicans - the leargest Gay Republican group in the states.

http://www.logcabin.org/logcabin/press_090804.html

I mean, he offended his own constituancy, a group that supports all gay officials, but for the first time in their history they decided not to back the presidential candidate they are supposed to support.

That says alot.

Slán
Old 04-18-2005, 04:27 PM   #48
Solumina

Why can’t we all just get along?

Sternn, Binkie, and Al: Every time anyone tries to have a half-civil discussion about politics one of you turn it into a fight. I don’t have any personal problems with any of you and I am in no way trying to keep you from sharing your views but I’m sick of the bickering. With all of your fighting nobody gains any ground, most anyone who wanted to take part in a political debate isn’t going to respect any of your points if you continue with the personal attacks.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 09:54 PM   #49
Binkie

Out of curiosity alone, I'd ask you to show me where I bashed homosexuals on this thread... but I know it's just another silly claim you can't and never will be able to back up, like the one where you said you owned a gay club.

And as for the Bush thing, I've already defended the Bush stance. You, however, completely neglected to defend the IRA other than saying, "Oh, well they get blamed for everything!" Maybe you should get a statement off of one of the IRA guys sometime falsifying my claim. That is, if you can get them to stop beatting up gay and bi people in your country long enough to talk about something other than how much money they robbed from a bank or how they stabbed a man to death outside of a bar.

Thanks for raising the same arguement you did like a page or two ago. I'll refer you to my prior statements rather than repeat myself. Until you can come to terms with what's written in those posts, have a coke and smile, Sternn. Oh wait! You can't cause DHS apparently swept another one of your upstanding, role model-esq, coke-peddling friends up off the streets.

Sol,
I wouldn't even be posting in this section much anymore if Sternn would discuss things seriously. When I say seriously, I mean when he posts here without trying to tie in President Bush into every thread he can here (most people agree that it's getting old). I mean, he came out not to long ago saying, "I'm only here to say outrageous things and piss Republicans off." So if big baby can't hold back the tears when someone pulls the same crap, he should think about trying to discuss something other than George W. Bush all the time. When he does (on rare occassions), others and myself take him seriously (depending on just how far he deviates from talking about Bush).
Old 04-18-2005, 10:32 PM   #50
AlKilyu

You haven't Binkie, none of us have.

It's the old "Look over there lads! Let's look that way and not notice my douchebaggery!" trick.

But I agree...let's all get together, make-up, and as a team throw rocks at Solumbia until we knock her off of her fucking high horse.