Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 08-24-2009, 02:28 PM   #51
Duane

I've always wanted to hear "Have you got it yet?" played by the band.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:48 PM   #52
Mark Anthony Quested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread View Post
I haven't really listened to them.
Before i do, i wanted to know what you think their best songs are.
Forget the songs, buy the whole albums!

Pink Floyd (one of my favourite bands of all time) were an albums band. If you want a general, all round feel of the band, then buy "Echos - the best of Pink Floyd".

Also buy...

Piper at the gates of dawn
Relics
Dark side of the moon
Wish you were here
Animals
The Wall - I prefer the live album than the studio album
The Division Bell
Pulse

Personal recommendations.
Mark Anthony Quested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:50 PM   #53
Mark Anthony Quested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
I have to say I'm skewed towards Waters, if only for the fact that I've seen him perform in the flesh.

The Mason/Gilmore/Wright sans Waters version I'm most familiar with is the one from the Pulse concert (the remastered DVD is fantastic).

Waters did his solo tour and came to my humble town at the end of January. My girlfriend and I had bought last minute tickets a day before the performance, so we were halfway up staring down upon the right hand side of the stage so we basically got to see the musicians perform from behind. His first set was a mix of Floyd classics and old and new solo material, and the second set was a complete performance of Dark Side of the Moon, and that just blew us all away.

What always amuses me though is that Pink Floyd wrote that as a four-piece, even performed it as such, not to mention their earlier work was recorded and performed by a small group of stoners from Cambridge, yet when they perform now they have a massive ensemble to attempt to recapture that grandiosity they managed to attain in the early years... pre-wanting to kill each other.
Richard Wright...sniff! God bless him!

I saw Gilmour, Wright and Mason, accompanied by a contigent of sessions musicians, performing Dark Side of the Moon LIVE in concert at Earls Court, back in October 1994. FANTASTIC!!!!!!!
Mark Anthony Quested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:46 AM   #54
ryzombie

I love dark side of the moon, but I think THe Wall is my favorite, and the movie rocks too!
ryzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:19 AM   #55
the-nihilist

Us and Them is one of my favorites, along with Time and Comfortably Numb. The guitar solos in the last two are epic.