Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-21-2011, 01:26 AM   #6451
Ben Lahnger

Sol, yes, that's true ... and I am grateful.

Wolfie, I know you would help if you could, hun. As it is, it seems like I HAVE been given a lot of help from a variety of people ... folks that tried to advise me the night the car broke down, the ones who helped me push it into a parking lot, the co-worker who switched shifts with me, the folks who got it running well enough to drive to my old mechanic, the ex-girlfriend who has given me a ride home for two nights in a row (and probably tomorrow night as well) and of course my old, reliable mechanic.

And while today has been a day full of worry and stress, it helps much when I remember to hold an attitude of gratitude.

Fruitbat, my Nissan Sentra is jealous of your BMW ... and it's warranty! LOL! ... I am so sorry to hear about your finger, and hope it heals fast.

MissCheyenne, I got over the tunnel-vision of the immediacy of my personal problem and saw your post. I don't think I have any real concept of what kind of pain and discomfort Shingles puts you through, but I hope never to know. I am so sorry to hear that you're going through this. Did your doctor tell you there's a stress component to why people break out in shingles? Did he suggest you needed to remove yourself from your stressful situation as much as possible ... and rest?

I'm with Fruitbat ... now's the time to lay into the family members who have seemed disinterested in helping your mom. Because people I know who have contracted Shingles don't go to work ... and they sure don't assist with other people's health care needs ... because they are largely incapacitated by the illness. You should tell your wayward family members that they need to step up and care for your mother for a bit ... because YOU'RE NOT ABLE TO.

I sincerely hope you recover soon. Once again, with this and all the related things that have been happening to you and your mother, you are in my thoughts.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:08 AM   #6452
MissCheyenne

Thanks for the concern everyone. Luckily for me, it's been caught in the very early stages so the doctor has been able to give me tablets for the pain and some anti viral medication so I'm not doing too bad at the minute. The rash is tiny right now and the doctor is hopeful that the anti virals will stop it spreading since it was spotted so early. It turned out that I also have a raging ear infection (again the doctor suspects it's been brought on by stress as the ear thing is a recurring problem), so I also have anitbiotic spray for that. However, I am doing ok, hopefully since it was spotted early on, I won't get any complications with it and should be back to 100% very soon

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:30 AM   #6453
Versus

The last few days have been pretty shitty for me.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:36 PM   #6454
Fruitbat

MissC... and you are going to get your siblings to help you with your mother I hope.... Sweetie, it's all stress, you get run down, you are more vulnerable to viruses et al... You can't do everything. Ask for help. Please

Ben Don't be envious of the BMW - it costs $100 everytime I fill the tank ($1.64/L) It's an awesome car but it's a PITA because I worry about people scratching it in carparks etc.. I miss my old bomb (Ford Falcon station wagon). Man I had some good times in that car

Ask the mechanic if changing the gasket will cause other problems - with the increase in pressure. I always found that whenever we changed gaskets, the problem went right through the engine - and we had to change a lot of gaskets - BUT then back in the day, we had gasket paper, gasket goo and would change our own gaskets (which wasn't that hard). it's a shame you can't car pool with your ex, and save the money.

I no nothing of your personal finances, but what I do when money is really tight, is to track all my expenses for a week, and then sit down at the end of it and work out if the expense was worth it/the reason for the expense.

E.g.
Coffee - $5 (needed to stay awake, but should have bought my own from home)
Lunch - $10 (could have brought my own)
Chocolate - $2 (stress made me do it. go for a walk instead)
Petrol - $40 (needed it to get to work, will drive better, explore car pool/public transport)

And then the next week try to avoid those splurges and sometimes, I'll put the money into a moneybox or hide it somewhere in the house.. In the example above, i could have saved $17 in one day.

Sorry for telling you how to suck eggs.

Versus or should I say Kitty hair. Hugs dude. Sorry to hear the last few days have been shit. It will get better. PM me if you wanna talk, or just vent or whatever

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:40 PM   #6455
Saya

I think caffeine might be a trigger for my anxiety. In Mandarin class she was calling on us to speak or answer questions or translate something, and all the things she asked me was easy, but I haven't really practiced the last set of characters we were supposed to learn so I was afraid she was going to ask me something I didn't really know. So I got over worried for nothing and felt sick to my stomach for the rest of the day.

But talking to Kitten made me feel better <3
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:47 PM   #6456
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I think caffeine might be a trigger for my anxiety. In Mandarin class she was calling on us to speak or answer questions or translate something, and all the things she asked me was easy, but I haven't really practiced the last set of characters we were supposed to learn so I was afraid she was going to ask me something I didn't really know. So I got over worried for nothing and felt sick to my stomach for the rest of the day.

But talking to Kitten made me feel better <3
Caffiene causes your heart rate to increase, which is the first symptom in a panic attack. The increase in heart rate triggers the sweaty palms and increases your anxiety levels.

Which is why sometimes being prescribed beta blockers helps with anxiety - because it gets rid of the fast heart rate and you don't get the other symptoms (this is what the doc did for me with my fear of being couped up in a plane with 300 other people).

So control your heartrate and control your anxiety. (or so the theory would go )

Old 09-21-2011, 07:53 PM   #6457
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
Ben ...

I no nothing of your personal finances, but what I do when money is really tight, is to track all my expenses for a week, and then sit down at the end of it and work out if the expense was worth it/the reason for the expense.

E.g.
Coffee - $5 (needed to stay awake, but should have bought my own from home)
Lunch - $10 (could have brought my own)
Chocolate - $2 (stress made me do it. go for a walk instead)
Petrol - $40 (needed it to get to work, will drive better, explore car pool/public transport)

And then the next week try to avoid those splurges and sometimes, I'll put the money into a moneybox or hide it somewhere in the house.. In the example above, i could have saved $17 in one day.

Sorry for telling you how to suck eggs.
Yeah, um I already make my own coffee every day. I don't eat out, I brown sack a couple of homemade sandwiches for lunch. In fact, the instant oatmeal I have for breakfast costs about $0.40 per meal, I spend less than a buck per meal for both lunch and supper. I don't have treats like pudding or other desserts. I don't live near public transport (as the last couple of days have made clear to me - taxi, bus and gas money for ex-girlfriend are costing me $18 a day because I don't have a car.)

I just cancelled netflix to save $8 a month, but that's where I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel. I really am not splurging on much of anything, but thanks for the suggestions.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 09-21-2011, 09:59 PM   #6458
M.Valdemar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Sol, yes, that's true ... and I am grateful.

Wolfie, I know you would help if you could, hun. As it is, it seems like I HAVE been given a lot of help from a variety of people ... folks that tried to advise me the night the car broke down, the ones who helped me push it into a parking lot, the co-worker who switched shifts with me, the folks who got it running well enough to drive to my old mechanic, the ex-girlfriend who has given me a ride home for two nights in a row (and probably tomorrow night as well) and of course my old, reliable mechanic.

And while today has been a day full of worry and stress, it helps much when I remember to hold an attitude of gratitude.

Fruitbat, my Nissan Sentra is jealous of your BMW ... and it's warranty! LOL! ... I am so sorry to hear about your finger, and hope it heals fast.

MissCheyenne, I got over the tunnel-vision of the immediacy of my personal problem and saw your post. I don't think I have any real concept of what kind of pain and discomfort Shingles puts you through, but I hope never to know. I am so sorry to hear that you're going through this. Did your doctor tell you there's a stress component to why people break out in shingles? Did he suggest you needed to remove yourself from your stressful situation as much as possible ... and rest?

I'm with Fruitbat ... now's the time to lay into the family members who have seemed disinterested in helping your mom. Because people I know who have contracted Shingles don't go to work ... and they sure don't assist with other people's health care needs ... because they are largely incapacitated by the illness. You should tell your wayward family members that they need to step up and care for your mother for a bit ... because YOU'RE NOT ABLE TO.

I sincerely hope you recover soon. Once again, with this and all the related things that have been happening to you and your mother, you are in my thoughts.

Keep this up and you will immortalise your coolness.
M.Valdemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:16 AM   #6459
Fruitbat

Quote:
Yeah, um I already make my own coffee every day. I don't eat out, I brown sack a couple of homemade sandwiches for lunch. In fact, the instant oatmeal I have for breakfast costs about $0.40 per meal, I spend less than a buck per meal for both lunch and supper. I don't have treats like pudding or other desserts. I don't live near public transport (as the last couple of days have made clear to me - taxi, bus and gas money for ex-girlfriend are costing me $18 a day because I don't have a car.)

I just cancelled netflix to save $8 a month, but that's where I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel. I really am not splurging on much of anything, but thanks for the suggestions.
Sorry to hear that Ben... It totally sucks. For the record, I love oatmeal.. Hang in there... it will all change. Everything does.

Old 09-22-2011, 05:35 PM   #6460
Saya

Got paid today, have to buy text books I've been putting off buying, and getting a monthly bus pass, I'll have like fifty dollars left for the next two weeks. Fuck.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:06 AM   #6461
CarrionCorpse

I wish I had money, just so I didn't have to worry about not having money.
CarrionCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:44 PM   #6462
Valhalla

Someone broke into the house today while I was asleep. I forgot to lock the door when I came home early from school (since I was sick), and someone just walked in a couple hours later and stole my mom's laptop. I was asleep, I woke up when I thought I heard something. It was kind of like a bang, possibly a door closing.

I'm really paranoid and think someone broke into my house once a month or so. So I figured I was just being paranoid like always, but locked my bedroom door for piece of mind (because I was too nervous to go check the house), and went back to bed.

We've only been moved into this new house a couple weeks and this happens. It's left me really shaken up.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #6463
Kasdeja

Sorry to hear that, Valhalla... my brother's house was broken into a few years ago, just after he moved in. Too many meth-heads in PDX.
Kasdeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 07:59 PM   #6464
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
Someone broke into the house today while I was asleep. I forgot to lock the door when I came home early from school (since I was sick), and someone just walked in a couple hours later and stole my mom's laptop. I was asleep, I woke up when I thought I heard something. It was kind of like a bang, possibly a door closing.

I'm really paranoid and think someone broke into my house once a month or so. So I figured I was just being paranoid like always, but locked my bedroom door for piece of mind (because I was too nervous to go check the house), and went back to bed.

We've only been moved into this new house a couple weeks and this happens. It's left me really shaken up.
shit, I'm so sorry. I have a friend who lives up around the Blackmarsh Road area and she got broken into twice in the last year, and when I lived in the Crosbie Road apartments, I was friends with these guys down the hall, and someone broke into one of their rooms and stole two guitars after he left the window open, but he was home. Assholes are pretty brazen about just waltzing in!

Did you contact the RNC yet?
Old 09-24-2011, 06:48 AM   #6465
Ben Lahnger

I paid $200 toward the $430 auto repair bill on Thursday morning and drove my car to work, closed the store and drove it home that night. Drove to work in the morning yesterday and ran errands, then drove from work to the Walmart by my house after 8:00pm. After I parked it there to go shopping, the car refused to crank over and the electrical system was dead.

I was so frustrated I couldn't even think straight about it. I got permission to leave the car parked in the Walmart parking lot overnight and walked home.

So now I'm going to walk back over there and see if it cranks today. If not, I have roadside assistance so I can get it jump started, and I'm going to try to get it back to my mechanic. But damn, I don't have the money a battery is going to cost, and heaven forbid it's something more seriously wrong with the electrical system.

If I have to pay for something else, I'll be choosing between putting gas in my car or eating this next week. And gas will probably win, so I can keep going to the job I can't afford to work at.

I just need a break. Something has to go right here.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 09-24-2011, 10:18 AM   #6466
Ben Lahnger

I think I caught that break. The car started, and I was able to drive it to my mechanic. He says the alternator is working fine, and the battery is just old. If I don't run anything electrical when the engine isn't running, and make sure everything is off when I start it, I should be able to get through a couple paydays until I can afford to replace the battery.

So, I can afford to eat AND get gas this week. (Sounds like a commercial for my favorite Mexican restaraunt... heh!)

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 09-24-2011, 10:35 AM   #6467
Versus

I'm really annoyed. There's a chance I'll be going home in December instead of next summer. It's a drag because I really need the money from a full 12 months, rather then 6. I should find out tomorrow.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:50 AM   #6468
Spooky Spencer

Quote:
So, I can afford to eat AND get gas this week. (Sounds like a commercial for my favorite Mexican restaraunt... heh!)
Is that the one with the bell on the sign and the food that looks the same going in as it does coming out?

Zombie Protest:
"What do we want?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
"When do we want it?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:14 AM   #6469
Ben Lahnger

Something like that, yeah.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 09-24-2011, 04:11 PM   #6470
Solumina

Well damn, there are so many people job hunting that places can afford to be extremely picky and demanding even for seasonal positions, which means none of them want to hire anyone with any other obligations, such as another job. Yay.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:50 PM   #6471
Ben Lahnger

Yep. But at least you can look. My job shuffles my shift around so I couldn't possibly take another job. Meh.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 09-24-2011, 07:13 PM   #6472
Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
shit, I'm so sorry. I have a friend who lives up around the Blackmarsh Road area and she got broken into twice in the last year, and when I lived in the Crosbie Road apartments, I was friends with these guys down the hall, and someone broke into one of their rooms and stole two guitars after he left the window open, but he was home. Assholes are pretty brazen about just waltzing in!

Did you contact the RNC yet?
Yeah, a cop came by to file a report about what happened.

I live in the rabbit town area. The funny thing is I used to live on what's considered one of the worse streets in that part of town, and I've never had any problems. I move somewhere that's a little bit better and bam, first break in.

More ranting, I had the first panic attack of my life. It was such a strange experience, I didn't know it was possible to feel that helpless. It also made my lungs and throat hurt.

Also boo school and work, but that's just general complaint with no real rant attached.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:21 PM   #6473
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
Yeah, a cop came by to file a report about what happened.

I live in the rabbit town area. The funny thing is I used to live on what's considered one of the worse streets in that part of town, and I've never had any problems. I move somewhere that's a little bit better and bam, first break in.

More ranting, I had the first panic attack of my life. It was such a strange experience, I didn't know it was possible to feel that helpless. It also made my lungs and throat hurt.

Also boo school and work, but that's just general complaint with no real rant attached.
:/ Panic attacks aren't good. Did something trigger it or did it come out of the blue?

Also if it ever happens again and on campus, feel free to go to the WRC. We can give you tea and give you a relatively private place to be in, or walk you up to the counselling centre. Just saying because I have them now and then and trying to find a place to hide while its happening is the worst.

And I concur about the work and school thing. I'm thinking about asking for Sundays off so I can guarantee at least one day a week to stay home and chill.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:20 PM   #6474
Browneyess

logo rug

It is very interesting This is the first time i am read it which gives me alot of information This post was very nicely written, and it also contains a lot of useful facts. I enjoyed your professional manner of writing the post. you have made it easy for me to understand. Thank you very much. I hope it will have many readers. I will come back.
logo rug
Browneyess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:02 AM   #6475
Ben Lahnger

Wow! That spambot in particular really pisses me off!

/rant

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,