Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-26-2008, 06:59 AM   #1
LillithDuskcutter

There's this guy...

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...027/Hjalti.jpg

I know I probably shouldn't be worrying about love life right now, seeings how I'm about to go to College, but I met this guy last week. I fell for him to say the least. He's Icelandic and so adorable! One thing that may be a problem is that he's 9 months younger than me. It doesn't bother me too much, as my mate has a boyfriend who's 3 years younger than her. But another problem arises. He has a girlfriend. Thing is, he's having his doubts about her. When he kisses her, she squirms and pushes him away. When he tries to talk to her, she ignores him. He feels like she's just going out with him to prove to her friends and to herself that she can get a boyfirend. He doesn't want to leave her though in fear of pushing her over the edge. I told him that the problem with that is that to others it will seem like he's the one in the wrong because he's going out with her and she has self esteem problems. It may seem like he's only going out with her because he feels sorry for her and he says that he hates guys who are like that and would never do that to any girl.
I told him to just be honest with her.
Thing is, I'm still head over heels with this guy, even though yesterday he went back to Iceland.
Goddess, I've fallen. I don't know how to deal with this situation.
LillithDuskcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 10:32 AM   #2
Noumi

He´s not the only guy on earth. Wherever you live there´s got to be someone...

ピラール
Noumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:04 AM   #3
Miss Cogs

Do you think your in love with him? That quickly?

I don't think you should pursue this girl while he still has a girlfriend. If you are truly set on this guy, considering the situation, I would wait for everything to pan out and see what happens. But trust me, don't start pursuing th e guy till the girlfriend is out of the picture, regards of his feelings for her or for you. Something like that always ends bad and trust me, I know a lot on that subject there. >.>
Miss Cogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:07 PM   #4
LillithDuskcutter

I know what you mean.
But another problem seems to be arising.
He's got this other friend who's a girl and I can't help but get the feeling that he's falling for her.
Hjalti is teh sweetest guy I've ever met. He's attractive and not a jerk like the guys I've met in the past who have also been attractive.
I mean, he knows that I like him. I told him (That's the good thing about Icelandics. They don't freak out if you tell one of them that you like them. If an Icelandic likes you, they'll tell you).
He's also really honest and shares the same veiws about the world that I do. We both sing, we both act and we both play a musical instrument. I know that opposties attract, but Goddess, I've never met anyone like Hjalti before and to be honest, it hurt like a bitch wehn I found out that he had a girlfriend. Call me pathetic, but I actually cried when I found out because I'm sick fed up of finding people and then later on finding out that they're taken.
From what I can tell from just knowing him for a whole week, he's a really sweet guy who would never hurt a girls feelings for any reason at all (That's the way he was brought up). He told me that he would never cheat, he would never ignore a girl when she needs him and he would only ever go farther than a kiss if the girl wants to (as in he wouldn't push her).
Why does the Goddess have to be so cruel as to bring him into my life?
Old 05-26-2008, 12:20 PM   #5
JCC

Spare me teenage romantics. And the Goddess stuff too.

Sounds to me like you're infatuated. A crush after a week is nothing to descry to the masses.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:26 PM   #6
I Am Great.

Icelandic people will come and go, but I will always be great.
I Am Great. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:28 PM   #7
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Great.
Icelandic people will come and go, but I will always be great.
Duck!!!!!!
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:31 PM   #8
LillithDuskcutter

I mean, it might just be a crush, but I swear on my life I have never met anyone like Hjalti. That I can promise you.
The guys in my local area are total asstards who only want one thing.
I mean every single bloody one of them are complete bastards towards girls.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:38 PM   #9
I Am Great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Duck!!!!!!
Yes? I mean, huh? Who is this Duck that you speak of? He sounds like an incredibly charming and handsome fellow who was unjustly Banninated from this board which is hard to read because the fucking colours are all partarded.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:43 PM   #10
LillithDuskcutter

Guys, stick to the topic, please.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:47 PM   #11
I Am Great.

Like I said, I Am Great. Wait, what the fuck were we talking about? Did I start this topic? Who are all you people?
Old 05-26-2008, 01:23 PM   #12
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillithDuskcutter
Guys, stick to the topic, please.
He tends to threadjack, and had been banned before for doing so, but there is a slim chance he learned a lesson from it and hopefully will refrain from seriously detracting from the thread topics.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 01:37 PM   #13
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
He tends to threadjack, and had been banned before for doing so, but there is a slim chance he learned a lesson from it and hopefully will refrain from seriously detracting from the thread topics.
For some reason, I don't think this is the duckman, it's just a hunch but this person's behavior seems different from the "show us your boobs" (or whatever it was called exactly) thread duckman that I remember.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 01:49 PM   #14
I Am Great.

Just so you know, I didn't start the "Show us your boobs" thread, that would be JCC.

Get it right, manG!
Old 05-26-2008, 01:50 PM   #15
I Am Great.

Also, I was Banninated 'cuz peeps can't handle ALL DUCK ALL THE TIME!
Old 05-26-2008, 01:58 PM   #16
honeythorn

Almost overwhelming in fact.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 02:00 PM   #17
I Am Great.

Hello, Miss Honeythorn .
Old 05-26-2008, 02:36 PM   #18
Stormtrooper of Death

JCC, what are you 14? Maybe she is really in love. and this isn't a crush. Chill out man.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:47 PM   #19
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillithDuskcutter
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...027/Hjalti.jpg

I know I probably shouldn't be worrying about love life right now, seeings how I'm about to go to College, but I met this guy last week. I fell for him to say the least. He's Icelandic and so adorable! One thing that may be a problem is that he's 9 months younger than me. It doesn't bother me too much, as my mate has a boyfriend who's 3 years younger than her. But another problem arises. He has a girlfriend. Thing is, he's having his doubts about her. When he kisses her, she squirms and pushes him away. When he tries to talk to her, she ignores him. He feels like she's just going out with him to prove to her friends and to herself that she can get a boyfirend. He doesn't want to leave her though in fear of pushing her over the edge. I told him that the problem with that is that to others it will seem like he's the one in the wrong because he's going out with her and she has self esteem problems. It may seem like he's only going out with her because he feels sorry for her and he says that he hates guys who are like that and would never do that to any girl.
I told him to just be honest with her.
Thing is, I'm still head over heels with this guy, even though yesterday he went back to Iceland.
Goddess, I've fallen. I don't know how to deal with this situation.
That is a troublesome situation. But, seriously, wait. It's never a good thing to be "the other girl" in a relationship; it just stirs unnecessary problems. Let he and his girlfriend resolve things before you encroach on him.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 02:57 PM   #20
ThreeEyesOni

If he's involved, then don't get involved. It's not fair to anyone if you do.

You will be laying down hopes about some guy that might not even be available. She is going to (rightfully so) feel that you're trying to screw with the relationship. And unless he's positively infatuated with you, he is more than likely going to eventually take some level of offense to it.

I hate to say it, but you're far, far too young for me to take everything you've said here without a grain of salt. I get the infatuation thing; I sure as hell had to deal with that. Heck, I had to deal with helping several of my objects of affection get with guys that I thought were crap. :P It happens. Then again, I'm faaaar from an example of a successful love life, but I like to think I've come out better than worse.
ThreeEyesOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 03:15 PM   #21
DeathToLems

Ok my turn

So he was in your country for a week? Was he on holiday?
Have you ever heard the term "holiday romance"?
Could it have been that?
It sounds like this guy and his girl has issues that you shouldn't get involved in.
Find a guy that lives near you. Spare your parents and your time on trying to make this happen with this guy. There's plenty more guys (near you) out there. Take a look around sometime.
DeathToLems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 03:39 PM   #22
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
For some reason, I don't think this is the duckman, it's just a hunch but this person's behavior seems different from the "show us your boobs" (or whatever it was called exactly) thread duckman that I remember.
Duckman is incredibly intelligent, just so you know.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 03:41 PM   #23
I Am Great.

Ophelia know the score . We be talkin' on the MtotheStotheN thingie.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:51 PM   #24
Mir

I need to get my hands on this MtotheStotheN so I can converse with the greatest man alive. Me.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 03:52 PM   #25
ForgetThisLostLenore

Personally, I wouldn't get involved. As people on here know I was basicly in the same situation and that started a little bit before the beginning of this year. The guy is still with the girl in question, they are still having major issues, they're off and on all the time and she might be pregnant. It caused me a ton of heartache to be on the outside of that and always just be the one there when he felt the need to rant. I eventually got tired of it and moved onto someone else, who I'm with now and actually not miserable. It 'll just cause a lot of pain and heartache that you could spare yourself from.

On another note, Duckie!!
ForgetThisLostLenore is offline   Reply With Quote