Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 04-17-2009, 02:13 PM   #1
JCC

What are your opinions of Nero?

I hope that I can trust you Goths with confidentiality on this matter, Nero is notoriously tyrannical, as I am sure that you know, and he would not even hesitate in executing the son of a wealthy senator! I worry not about your confidentiality, after all, I have seen that some of you Goths openly profess Christianity. Perhaps Nero's spies do not concern themselves with Germanian problems.

What are your opinions of Nero?

Personally, I find Nero to be quite a repugnant ruler. Violent, capricious and mean, he is a menace to decency. I have heard that he plays the fiddle beautifully, but this does not excuse his malevolence, especially regarding Christianity, of which my cousin is a follower (many a hardship has come of it, but I do not share in the bigotry of our leader, and sacrifice my own comfort to keep my beloved family members safe. After all, we can't let commoners take over). His recent suppression of the British was admirable, though, after all, the British are filthy, uncultured animals, and Nero's nationalistic pride will have taught them a thing or two about challenging Rome's power when they themselves are so repulsive, ho ho ho!
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:22 PM   #2
gothicusmaximus

Nero, for his all his professed pride in his lineage and love of Rome, conducts himself as no Roman, much less a princeps, should. Indulging himself in such odiously Greek diversions as the lyre-- which, with all respect, I must argue that he plays abominably-- and tragedy, then daring to associate himself with Quirinus? My father, also a senator, reports that he met with the assembly while wearing a crown of oak, although to my knowledge this soft man to whom we've conferred Imperium has never saved the life of a citizen in battle. Not even a iota for respect for tradition, to use a Greek term he would doubtlessly find delightful.
I hear he disguises himself and wanders the Subura by night, attacking and murdering citizens for his own amusement. Can anyone confirm this?
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:40 PM   #3
isobel black

Because I am a member of the barbarian horde you venerable Romans adress here, I have no knowledge of the wanderings of Nero in your fair city.

That he revels in murder would not surprise me in the least though, because the devious nature of the power-hungry, blackhearted Agrippina is even known to us here on the outskirts of the Empire.
isobel black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:09 PM   #4
KontanKarite

Nero's mother was a gorgon and a whore.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:52 PM   #5
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite View Post
Nero's mother was a gorgon and a whore.
Ita vero! Of course her foul loins yielded fruit as treacherous as she. Doing away with that woman was perhaps Nero's greatest contribution to the fatherland.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #6
Mauritia Mayer

Nero is, in fact, my DVD burning software of choice.
Mauritia Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:53 PM   #7
Dead Angel

Great reply!
Dead Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:32 PM   #8
Haunted House

Pretty good Theatre of Hate song, I'd say.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:43 PM   #9
Beneath the Shadows

He was a jerk, making Spock watch as he destroyed Vulcan...

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:49 PM   #10
Seth Whisper

I want a violin...
Seth Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:31 AM   #11
Despanan

Nero?

That bastard sent Spock back in time and killed Kirk's father! I-wait...I'm doing it wrong aren't I?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote