Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:44 AM   #7876
Solumina

Have you concidered showing the letter to the police? Also you may want to give the woman a heads up so she knows what is going on and that her personal iniformation is being distributed like that.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:11 AM   #7877
Miss Absynthe

I called her and went to her house to talk with her.. and gave her the letter and explained where we live in case anything happens and she needs help, my number and explained that I always have my phone with me, and then we talked about how she should journal everything in case the harassment gets worse.

Then we went and stole the other copies from people's mail boxes.

If she decides that she wants police involvement, then I'm more than happy to poke sticks at the cops and make sure that they listen to her.. but it's her decision. It's hard for sex workers to go to the police because of the amount of judgement that is directed at you instead of the cops just doing their jobs.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:50 AM   #7878
BourbonBoy

WTS? Miss Absynthe, bravo for looking out and informing her of the "Concerned Citizen" because that's just ludicrous. And please keep up the pressure on the local bronze in case she has to go to the police; I've noticed sometimes they don't want to do anything more than sit in their local squad car and munch on donuts all day.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #7879
Fruitbat

Fuck concerned citizens. That's BS Miss A. Glad you rang her and told her. I would never have known what the right thing to do was in that situation.

Woke again at 3am. Can't sleep. Had my 5hr quota.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #7880
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
I called her and went to her house to talk with her.. and gave her the letter and explained where we live in case anything happens and she needs help, my number and explained that I always have my phone with me, and then we talked about how she should journal everything in case the harassment gets worse.

Then we went and stole the other copies from people's mail boxes.

If she decides that she wants police involvement, then I'm more than happy to poke sticks at the cops and make sure that they listen to her.. but it's her decision. It's hard for sex workers to go to the police because of the amount of judgement that is directed at you instead of the cops just doing their jobs.
I wonder if there are any sex worker groups around or lawyer associations that might provide some legal counsel? Its awesome that you offered to help with the police, but I'd also contact a lawyer, especially if she doesn't particularly want to go to the police, at least not yet. If it keeps up, they'll be able to help her make it easier to deal with the police, such as the best ways to document evidence (because you know the police are going to be dicks about proof, and I'm a little concerned they might try to get her into trouble for "stealing" mail), or if the identity of "concerned citizen" is discovered, if a civil suit is an option.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #7881
Miss Absynthe

The sex worker rights group is a great idea.. thank you for that idea. There is a group called The Scarlet Alliance - they have a legal team that works with them, and I know some people who are quite active within it that I can mention it to and will take some information to her today.

The letters weren't addressed, or even in envelops.. they were just printed out pieces of paper shoved in mail boxes, so it could be argued that it was like pinching advertising leaflets and junk mail, not actually stealing mail. And anyways, if people complain about that I'll just say that I did it... that won't become a problem.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:02 AM   #7882
Acharis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
I just arrived home to a nice little letter in our mail box to inform us that one of our neighbours is a "prostitute"... and it gave her name, phone number AND ADDRESS
What. The fuck. Who does that? That's not a concerned citizen, that's a fucking stalker.
I'm starting to get it more why whorephobia is a hot topic in one of my discussion groups right now.

I'm sorry to hear about your nephew Saya.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:05 AM   #7883
Acharis

Damn double post.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #7884
Jaye Jang

Wow. Tried to get into g.net today and, while logging into gothicnet, actually got an error message that read: "Define Goth." Weird.

Saya, sorry to hear about your nephew. Got the prayers.

Miss A. A dozen gold stars for being such a good citizen. That being said, Your hatemonger sounds like a genuine "case for the books," so do be careful.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #7885
Saya

Front page news today was about how this rapist was captured after assaulting a woman at night in public, and how the danger is always there and women should always be afraid to go out in public alone. Seriously? That's what we learned from this? Like women aren't afraid already?
Old 12-13-2012, 09:30 PM   #7886
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharis View Post
What. The fuck. Who does that? That's not a concerned citizen, that's a fucking stalker.
I'm starting to get it more why whorephobia is a hot topic in one of my discussion groups right now.
Oh, the rants that I could rant if I put on my ranty-panties about whore-phobia..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaye Jang View Post
That being said, Your hatemonger sounds like a genuine "case for the books," so do be careful.
I know.. I'm always careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Front page news today was about how this rapist was captured after assaulting a woman at night in public, and how the danger is always there and women should always be afraid to go out in public alone. Seriously? That's what we learned from this? Like women aren't afraid already?
Good morning, news readers. Here is your daily dose of ****-culture.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:33 AM   #7887
ape descendant

God I fucking hate this world. Just kill me.

Well, I like the earth and for the most part, the creatures in it. I guess I mostly hate people, all the people. We all suck. Fucking stupid shitty ass consumerist, bullshit, rapist, asshole nonsense. I need to stop watching tv.. the commercials only make it worse. If I see one more smug, smiling, suburban white couple I'm going to fucking puke.

And fuck Santa. I know I ain't even getting coal this year, so I won't bother with pretending, I've even remotely wanted to be good this year.

Fuck death.. as a decent portion of my family has managed to fucking die this year so fuck that shit.

I managed to quit smoking, only to suffer from chronic insomnia.. what the actual fuck, I thought quitting was supposed to be good for me.

The depression has been fucking oppressive to the point of not even wanting to get out of bed to face the colorless shitty fucking world anyway. What's the fucking point?

The one good thing is my poor wife has managed to put up with me through some feat of black magic. Mind you, she's the only one, pretty much, as all of my close friends have managed to move away in the last couple years. Which is kind of what I get for still living in a shitty, podunk, waaaaaaaaay overly conservative shithole of a town. People don't come here to live, they come here to die slowly.

I'm tired of dealing with men, who can't seem to handle talking to a woman who doesn't back down or bother to apologize to them constantly or let them get away with whatever bullshit their spouting. Tired of being argued with about my own boundaries and hearing countless reasons why they're not valid. Tired of creepers, body judgers, slut shamers and women who suffer from internalized misogyny.

I'm tired of having to explain to ever fucking dumb ass person that I'm not leaving my wife because she's trans. No I'm not ending a decade-long, healthy relationship with my best motherfucking best friend in the whole wide world over something like that, that's fucking stupid. Even people who should know better, parents, siblings... friends of the family.. people who know how close we are ask as if its some sort of magical thing that would make a decade of history not count. Its fucking insulting and disgusting and fuck, if I tell them that's how I feel about their invasive, shitty, assumptive question, they're going to play it off like its nothing, when its not.

I'm tired of people acting like we should all collectively and magically understand every point they're ever coming from, despite the fact that to most of us, this shit's pretty fucking new and we have to work through and process it as some of us aren't big on swallowing every idea whole as it passes through the fucking neighborhood. And of course when you wish further discourse on the topic... it is suddenly a passe topic and no longer the "in" thing to discuss.

I'm tired of an emotionally abusive culture who's sole purpose it seems, is to grind its participants into dust. Media designed to tear us down as people to the point to where we feel like we must buy their products to be worthy of our own dignity again. We're constantly bombarded with the messages, too fat, too dumb, too busy, not busy enough, here ya pathetic fucker buy my shit... it'll fix it. Fuck.. and of course its all useless shit, that we've spent time and resources to make, the process has likely cause pollution, people were likely exploited to make it and no one gives a fuck.

There is so much other shit that should be ranted about that I just don't have it in me to do.. no single rant should be this fucking long. So fuck it. I'll have to find something else to do with my shitty insomniac time. Gagh.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:52 AM   #7888
ape descendant

Oh yeah, and my fucking clock ticks too damned loud.

Be Kind
Old 12-15-2012, 04:21 AM   #7889
Murder.Of.Crows

Oh my god. Ape, i freaking love you right now.

Don't let the depression eat away at you though.

I'm at my wits end as well. So , here is my rant.

I have been terribly going through waves of depression and one day i stated that i wanted to kill myself. So my friend kicked me out and told me never to talk to her again. It's been a month and a half now and im living in a trailer. And i'm exhausted explaining to people what trans is and isn't. Tired of having to convince people im not a freak. Freaking just tired of everyone.

To add, this morning i get a message on facebook by a family member about their dislike of one of my drawings. To do so they compared it to the school shooting and why somebody would do something like that. I didn't know wether to be pissed or disgusted.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:16 AM   #7890
ape descendant

Damn MOC, that sounds rough!! Be both pissed and disgusted, fucking family...*walks off muttering*

Be Kind
Old 12-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #7891
Jaye Jang

You know. I hate inveterate snobs. Granted, I know I'm not rich and I know I'm merely a typist and that I live in a poor neighborhood on the wrong side of the tracks, but when I got asked today if I actually had heat in my place that was just too much. (Doesn't help that these are the same people that asked me one time if I have enough to eat, and if I need a charity box). I hate snobs.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:48 PM   #7892
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post

I have been terribly going through waves of depression and one day i stated that i wanted to kill myself. So my friend kicked me out and told me never to talk to her again. It's been a month and a half now and im living in a trailer. And i'm exhausted explaining to people what trans is and isn't. Tired of having to convince people im not a freak. Freaking just tired of everyone.

To add, this morning i get a message on facebook by a family member about their dislike of one of my drawings. To do so they compared it to the school shooting and why somebody would do something like that. I didn't know wether to be pissed or disgusted.
I'm so sorry. I hate people who think that people who are struggling with mental illness (depression, anxiety, what have you) just need tough love to "get over it." I used to live with a girl who would threaten to cut herself if I didn't tell her why I was acting so sad.

Also you're wonderful and they don't deserve you.

On a semi related note, why do people still like Laci Green? "Oh I donated 14000 dollars to this charity! yay!" "Laci, that charity is homophobic." CRICKETS. "Laci I love you, but maybe people are upset about this collaboration because he's transphobic" "I DONT FUCKING CARE ITS YOUR PROBLEM NOT MINE."

I'm starting to think Laci Green is a horrible litmus test cisgender heterosexual white feminists are failing miserably.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:22 AM   #7893
CuckooTuli

Quote:

God fucking damn it, fucking fuck people. I'm so sorry, dude - I wish you lived close enough that I could offer a place to crash. (Well, I'm sort of homeless too atm, but you could share my allocated sleep-space...)

Saya is right, those asshats don't deserve you.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #7894
Fruitbat

Ape My beautiful girl. You are amazing. I wish I could say turn off the TV and get into the garden, but I suspect the weather over there is a wee bit cold at the moment. Come live in Australia - we can garden together!

MOC - I'd let you come and live with me, if I lived in the US.

Don't kill yourself. The world can't afford to lose another wonderful person.

Love and hugs to you both, and anyone else who needs it. (eh, I remember my sister telling me I love to much and that I needed to get over it - can't change the way I was made, so I just have to deal with it).

(and feel free to ignore this support if you prefer.)

Quote:

Old 12-17-2012, 01:49 AM   #7895
Jaye Jang

Trying to stay positive and that can be challenging at times. Once again, there are many stats and I'm taking an enforced break, because there are problems with the software. Trying to concentrate on my job when I can work and not think about things that have transpired through the week, or let them affect my productivity -- but it's so hard. I type death summaries a lot so I sometimes see more death than I care to, especially through the holidays. I know we're in a bad economy and there are so many people unemployed, and I'm lucky to have work -- but sometimes I get so tired of all the death. (Sorry peeps. Just typed what will eventually become a death summary. Another young life cut short, this time not through suicide or attempted suicide or homicide or even cancer. Just someone who slipped on the ice and hit their head, and now they are slipping away even as I type). Sometimes it just gets to me, but somebody has to do this job. And once IT gets things back up and running, I've got to get back to work -- to more of the same. Hoping the patient makes it. That would make my day.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:16 PM   #7896
Versus

I'm really fucking tired of being harassed by the fucking MPs.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:29 PM   #7897
Saya

Little cousin is going to have to have surgery after all, and he has to go to Toronto to do it, and it has to be done ASAP because they're afraid of hemorraging? I don't really understand, my mom called to tell me and I don't think she quite understood enough to explain it, if that makes sense. So he's spending Christmas in a hospital in Toronto.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #7898
Catch

That would suck. I hope they have ice cream and clowns. That's almost fun to a kid, unless he's afraid of clowns.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:26 PM   #7899
Fruitbat

So now I have a paid employment, housekeeping (cooking, cleaning, washing), looking after babybat, gardening (or trying to keep the plants alive during another stupendiously hot summer), making my own clothes, and trying to finish editing my writing, and I was told that I don't do anything, and that I shouldn't nap on the lounge and I spend too much time reading and not doing anything.

Bollocks!

Old 12-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #7900
ape descendant

FB tell whoever said that to you to fuck right off!! House care alone is pretty much a part time job, when you add making your're own clothing and child care to it, pushes it in to "never done"-time.

Gratz on finding employment. Being broke sucks so much ass.

I have some sexily heavy boots if we need to do any heavy kicking. *wicked grin*

Yeah it is winter, we just got a bit of snow, at least I got outside enough to shovel the walk and brush all the snow off the car. I'm crossing my fingers hoping my rosemary survives the winter.

Saya, I hope your little cousin gets better soon.

Be Kind

Last edited by ape descendant; 12-21-2012 at 10:39 AM. Reason: gratz