Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 03-30-2014, 01:56 AM   #4576
Dansleplume

Let The Right One In, I think. I've been watching a lot of TV lately.
Dansleplume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:20 PM   #4577
TheLonelyGhost

The last movie I watched was: Berberian Sound Studio. It's on netflix and I decided to give it a watch.
TheLonelyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:41 PM   #4578
Lilyth Von Gore

Grave Encounters. Don't watch that movie if you have a phobia of the dark.
Lilyth Von Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:55 AM   #4579
Jaye Jang

"Hook," "Dead Poet's Society," "Mrs. Doubtfire," "Awakenings," and especially "Patch Adams." Sort of a tribute.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 04:12 PM   #4580
TheLonelyGhost

The last movie I watched was Ju-On.
TheLonelyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 03:59 AM   #4581
johanenrik19

Swords Kingdom

I recently watched a t.v series lord of the rings because I like fanticy movies in which the characters are used different swords, I also have a huge collection of replica swords, all the replica swords I bought from swords kingdom.
johanenrik19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 05:30 AM   #4582
TrivialMorose

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanenrik19 View Post
I recently watched a t.v series lord of the rings because I like fanticy movies in which the characters are used different swords, I also have a huge collection of replica swords, all the replica swords I bought from swords kingdom.
That's so cool and has so much to do with the topic. Hey, swords kingdom everybody!

It's been a while and memory is always hazy, but I think the last movie I watched was Vivarium. It's from last year or something. It was decent. Pretty fun. The premise was great. A couple is forced to move into a suburb that loops endlessly preventing them from escaping.
TrivialMorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 01:12 PM   #4583
TrivialMorose

I just watched a movie named Rabid. Not sure about the year but it was pretty new.

The plot was about a chick who got into a car accident that turned her face into a turd. She was given a high-tech skin graft which seemed to turn her into a vampire, and the people she attacked turned into zombies. But the change didn't stop there...

It was a Canadian made for tv movie, with just about the casts from Bitten and Orphan Black. I think it was a remake of a David Cronenberg film, and that influence really showed, not having seen that particular one, I think, I cannot compare with the original, but this sure played out like a less drugged out version of all his films.

I liked it quite much. It was very good for a basic monster movie. It even had a decent soundtrack.

To finish, here's a very on the hour quote from a pretty cool character in the film, fashion designer named Gunther, a very cliche character, but cool.

"We have faced public health crises before. I have lost many friends to AIDS und SARS und, ah... You know, what is this, really? It's a fucking head cold. It's nonsense."
Old 08-26-2020, 09:24 PM   #4584
TrivialMorose

Look Away (from this post because of spoilers)

I was watching a movie last night, Look Away (2018)

*SPOILER ALERT EVERYWHERE*
*SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS*

I actually still have 30 minutes of it left, but I don't need to see the ending to say what I think about it now. I'm really liking it, especially for such a seemingly run of the mill teeny-horror. First of all, it's not over the top, and it has such a sweet idea. It really makes me want a talking mirror image of my own. I'm crazy enough, so, bring it on, universe.

I also like the lead actress, because she left an impression with a really stellar performance in the miniseries I Am the Night, which is really worth watching if you haven't already.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Some scenes were really funny, like the one where Airam just stares at the best friend sternly, and the friend just bashes her head against a rock and dies. Funny.

Also at first I was like whaaat the fuck about the one scene where the hockey-boy told Maria "You're dead," or something. I was like, on what planet does this movie take place? but later I realized what it was about, and that the movie didn't spell it with big blocky letters. So, mad props for a little subtlety! Too many movies are just obnoxiously in your face.

So, if you blinked and didn't catch it,

*SPOILER ALERT*
*SPOILER ALERT*

The hockey-boy was impotent.

It was the scene where Airam felt him up, and his friends were like "Dudebro! You just got yourself some sweet poontang! You're the best!" and he got angry at them. I initially thought his reaction was slightly odd, but not impossibly so. I thought he was either just so embarrassed in the moment, or that he was angry that his sweetheart got sort of incidentally called a slut, and so he lashed out. It was plausible.

But with the "You're dead," scene, it really is obvious in retrospect, that his drive is that he's in love with Maria, but just can't get it up for her. So, he bullies when he has nothing else to give her. (Apparently not a fan of just fingerbanging)

And Airam obviously knew this, note what she whispers into his ear.

Right now I recalled the moment when she afterwards whispers something into the other boy's ear, which we weren't allowed to hear. And it dawned on me what she said. I could be wrong about this if I misrecall what the boy looked like, but what I remember of his bemused face in the scene fits. I think Airam whispers in the vein of,

"I said he can't get it up."

Another thing they didn't rub your face in, was that Maria was not a loser at all, like her parents kept repeating to her, and to the viewer. She was actually a winner, her parents just had a really high bar. She was actually both very sociable and beautiful, she was besties with the most popular girl, and had two of the most popular boys fighting over her since the beginning of the movie. People obviously aren't laughing at her, it's just her parents who have made her think that they are.

Good movie.

Hope it holds up until the end.
Old 09-01-2020, 11:32 AM   #4585
TrivialMorose

When an animal looks up to the sky at night, what does it see?

**SPOILER WARNING**

I just watched the movie

Black Mountain Side.

It was decent. It reminded me of the Terror series, mainly because I had just watched that a short while ago, and they both had freezing temperatures and totem animals. But even more than that, it reminded me of the VVitch. This was much the same deal, isolation in wooded area driving people slowly mad, with talking animals. Except the VVitch was a lot deeper and more beautiful, and less cold too.

This was actually visually pretty dull, which made it slightly boring. The deer was pretty neat though and made me feel good. The writing was mostly good, especially for this type of movie, with couple dips into the idiot-land. The one dip I recall, was the scene where the doctor had somehow recognized octopus cells in the dead crew member and conjectured with no reason whatsoever that he was turning into thousands of little squids. So, apparently he was the fucking Wotan of medical science as well as marine biology.

The shootout was definitely above average for such a scene.

The bear trap thing at the end was fun. I was waiting for that one.

In conclusion, it was a pretty cool movie. Pretty good. I'd recommend it, especially if you like deers.

Deers are awesome.