Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Commentary

Commentary Dicussion and feedback for Gothic.net articles, fiction, and news. This is where the community gets to add their thoughts and perhaps constructive opinions about the fiction and articles and such.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
Eeegor

Face Off ? Mummy Mayhem

Quote:
Face Off gives us a very cool Evil Dead themed challenge, all five remaining contestants do killer mummy designs, and then I lose all faith in the judges completely and forever. At the increasingly empty house, we find that Meagan left everyone notes scrawled on mirrors as a parting gift. That’s such a perfect combination [...]
Read the full article...
Eeegor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #2
Jaye Jang

Was sorry to see House go. Even though I have been primarily voting for Anthony this season, House was at least consistent in his design this time. I was very surprised to see Anthomy couple what was presumably the cobra headdress of Wadget with what was apparently a jackel-headed helmet (after Anubis, maybe?). I'm more used to seeing the cobra headdress coupled with the uraeus (cobra-headed diadem of Wadget). That was confusing.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:09 PM   #3
Gothic.net

I wish they gave them more time. I know time is an important element, but I feel like fast wins over talented in almost every episode. Early seasons didn't have full chest, back, legs, arms, etc. and it seem like they were given more time. To me, the lack of time on every challenge starts to seem disrespectful of the craft, a la Ang Lee getting an Oscar for Life of Pi and complaining about how the effects cost too much and take too much time, while his effects partner on the award winning film files for bankruptcy. I want to watch people do a good job, not just run around like it's a terrible work environment with unreasonably demanding rush jobs all the time.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #4
Saya

Shitty, but I think that's pretty typical of most reality tv shows. Not watching this but I really hate that on Project Runway.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
Jaye Jang

Totally agree Gnet. I was very surprised in that respect also, especially considering that Ang Lee had some very formidable competition.

And Saya, I've seen some really terrific designers actually walk off Project Runway because they couldn't handle the pressure.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote