Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:57 PM   #1
DarkPrayer

Location: In a place covered in darkness but filled with only good people
Favourite outfit?

Mine is ripped black skinny jeans, my tattered black jean skirt, my baggy black sweater with a huge white skull on it and lots of safety pins of all sizes, my black converse with a big white skull on each side, and my black touque. (I don't know how you spell that)

I need these ideas for a comic that I am drawing.
DarkPrayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:04 PM   #2
Edward Strange

As for favorite outfit I couldn't say, however, the one which has probably had the most thoughts put into it is my 'special occasion' outfit.
Which involves big stompy boots, some grooveh brocade trousers, a frilly shirt, waistcoat, velvet vest thing and my PVC trenchcoat.
With a pair of shades and a top hat to crown it all.
I only use it for special occasions you know.

And halloween. Although it causes problems when people ask me what the hell I am supposed to be and the best I can come up with is a 'New Romantic'. But oh well.

Breathing heard just below the floorboards.
The sense of something terrible rousing itself from
from its torpor.
Edward Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:27 PM   #3
Stormtrooper of Death

Here we go. Black No Future 12 hole combat boots with woodland camo pants tucked in. One Way System shirt and my crowning achievment.......my DIY studded and patched denim jacket and Sid Vicious style lock and chain choker. I think you can guess what subculture I associate with.
Stormtrooper of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:31 PM   #4
Saddiction

Sid Vicious was strangely hot despite his terrible drug addiction.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:04 PM   #5
Stormtrooper of Death

Yes, he was an interesting fellow, still couldnt play bass though. But he looked cool and liked to beat up people.
Stormtrooper of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:17 PM   #6
KontanKarite

LoL!!!!

Right now, I'm thinking it's a plain black thermal shirt, green army dress pants, with my knee high boots.

If not that, then my new skirt with fishnet tights, knee high boots, and sheer black top with a sleeveless athletic shirt underneith it.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:24 PM   #7
L'Oiseau Noir

My favorite outfit would have to be my black button-up blouse, which gives a bit of shape to my abdominal area, my matching full-length pleated skirt, black and gray striped leggings, and my boots. And for accessories I usually wear my crux choker, a jacket which in place of buttons has these nifty metal clasps, fishnet shirt beneath, studded bracelet, and of course my black-framed glasses (I have terrible eyesight).

Another outfit I particularly like is my long pleated skirt and "school marm" shirt, which has big puffy sleeves and a high collar. My black and gray checkered stockings, or my maroon and brown leggings, as well as boots. I absolutely love boots. I don't have many great outfits yet, but I'll be taking a day trip tomorrow with mommy dearest to the thrift shop.

Oh, and I also have this really awesome pinstripe shirt with big cuffs which I usually wear with an "office" type skirt. But yeah, I won't really go into depth about that. <3

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:40 PM   #8
Cicero

As many ripped fishnets and tights I can layer on my arms and legs without my movement being restricted, one of my DIY-ed band shirts - right now my favourite is a bleach splattered Eat Your Makeup top that's shredded at the shoulders. Then a random short skirt, my high heeled / platform boots, and if it's cold out, my most recent DIY project jacket. For jewellery I'll stick to a few silver bracelets, a few rings (an ankh, a jolly joger, a snake and a dragon usually), and my matching Croatian necklace and earrings. Oh and often the set of necklaces I made using Necromance skull beads as well.

All that with ratted hair and Egyptian makeup and I'm ready to go.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:04 PM   #9
Lady Ruthven

My favourite outfit would be my floor-length black and green silk dress (with a V-cut waist and off-the-shoulder neck line), with black leather lace-up high heeled boots and black velvet cloak.

Underwear with that would be several layers of petticoats, fishnets and a corset.

Jewellery could be anything from my rather large collection of silver things, makeup would be heavy black eyeliner and shadow with red or black lips and hair piled up or loose and curly (not that I could stop my hair being curly if I tried).

In terms of accessories, I would probably have some kind of silver purse and my black lace parasol.

Yes, I'm a Victorian goth, if you haven't guessed.
Lady Ruthven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:13 PM   #10
SoftShocks

Mine hmmm, either Tight ripped black jeans, with a striped sweater, and high tops, or when im in drag, a silm long sleeved dress that goes to about mid tight with some black heels
SoftShocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:28 AM   #11
gothwallace

I've got into wearing these pearls recently. They look fantastic against black!
gothwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:23 AM   #12
gothwallace

They have a really nice selection at MESENSO and since they're such good value I think I'll get a few and begin making my own pearl masterpieces. I'll post some photos once they're thoroughly goth'd up.
gothwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 02:23 PM   #13
erotomaniac87

As of right now, my favorite outfit would have to be black high-waisted skinny trousers with a cute black velvet crop top, black pointy Mary Jane flats, and a black suede cross-body purse.