Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 03-06-2006, 03:09 AM   #1
olieviya

Smile Naturally Paler Skin

To have naturally pale skin, i try to stay out of the sun, as my skin is somewhat pale.
But I'd like to know if anybody here has used any other ways ie. pills, lotions etc to make their skin naturally paler. Using white make up and white foundation looks much better if somebody is already natuarlly fairer tham most.
I'm just curious, and I have googled this and it brought up some pills and lotions, do any of them work? Have any of you used them? To what outcome?

What do you use to keep your skin nice and pale?
olieviya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 03:20 AM   #2
Blushing Heliophobe

I am naturally fair and used to use the skin paling creams you can buy in the African-American aisle of health & beauty. They're only $2.50 and I'm pretty sure they worked; since I stopped using them I'm not as pale.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 05:56 AM   #3
olieviya

Hey Santarea, doesn't bleach make your skin blotchy? I'm not well-informed on the subject... please explain
Old 03-06-2006, 05:58 AM   #4
olieviya

Blushing Heliophobe, the african-american aisle? I have no idea what you're talking about... in us supermarkets there are auch aisles? What's the equivalent elsewhere?
Old 03-06-2006, 06:15 AM   #5
Cruel Intentions

In the UK we have the "Health and Beauty" aisle.

I just generally avoid direct sunlilght as much as possible. Getting as little sleep as possible helps too. I mean, be sure you get enough sleep but keep yourself awake as long as you can. It darkens the eyes wonderfully. Mine have even gone naturally bloodshot to a slight degree.
Cruel Intentions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 06:18 AM   #6
Blushing Heliophobe

Well, maybe 'ethnic' is more appropriate.

It's usually the aisle that has du-rags, perm kits, etc - stuff marketed primarily towards those of African descent. Depending on your location, I guess you may have to go to a specialty store.

BTW - I am pretty sure Santarea was making a joke, kids. Don't put bleach on your face...

You can try a mix of lemon juice and peroxide if you want to go the homemade route. You just have to put it on daily, and exfoliate with a good face scrub.

I'm not really into the pale thing as much anymore. If you're naturally pale it's just a lot of extra work that no one will probable notice. That's just how I feel, anyways.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:24 AM   #7
olieviya

Blushing Heliophobe, putting peroxide on your face? Sounds a little like asking for a stained face to me... i'm not talking about staining my face, i'm talking about naturally making it paler without really inroducing any whitening chemicals onto the skin, i'm talking more about maintaining and helping to the skin to stay as pale as possible. Very hard to do over here, sadly.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:26 AM   #8
Blushing Heliophobe

Well, your only option then is to use sunscreen in the highest SPF you can get your hands on and avoid the sun.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:50 AM   #9
Nemesis

If your naturally pale why'd you want to be paler? (sorry i just wondered) Im the same (pale) Ive never used pills or cream..I wouldnt really want to, I just use pressed powder which naturally enhances the colour of my skin
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:11 PM   #10
maggot

Ewww... My skin is reddish. On the subject, how could i change the base color to appear more white? It looks like I'm blushing a lot of the time.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:18 PM   #11
She_Is_My_Sin

I know this isn't a handy cure to treat red-ness you could try using an ice cold flannel on your face for a while.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:32 PM   #12
She_Is_My_Sin

Sorry I don't know much about that, but I know my friend often complains of it. I'll ask her if she tries anything to combat it.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:54 PM   #13
DrenchedInGin

Well, I know there are treatments for redness because the lovely ladies at my local salon are always talking about it. Problem is, it costs a fortune. Gin is studying: Gin doesn't have enough money to try it out, although I'd love to.

BUT you could try the following website: http://www.gothbandphotos.com/prettygothic/lightening/

I can't speak for any of these because I haven't tried them myself. But you never know...
DrenchedInGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 03:01 PM   #14
maggot

Yeah, my skin takes a reddish tone instead of a whitish one. It's kind of unsuiting for how I look.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:06 PM   #15
DrenchedInGin

Do you habitually wear makeup? If so I recommend the use of green colour corrector under your makeup. I use it occasionally when I want to go out and it seems to work well to get rid of that annoying red flush I sometimes get on my cheeks.
DrenchedInGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 03:16 PM   #16
maggot

Nope. I only wear nailpolish, although I'm thinking of using eyeliner.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:25 PM   #17
Saya

Putting on a little baby powder helps, also exfoliate often (St.Ives Apricot Scrub is really good).

I had a really ugly tan line last summer, so I took advice from an Indian beauty website and mixed oatmeal and yogurt together. It did lighten it a bit, though not much.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 05:40 PM   #18
Empty_Purple_Stars

Lead Face Paste works really well too.

Just ask the Romans..

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 05:42 PM   #19
Nardol

The problem with arsenic is that it comes in many forms and some of these are VERY dangerous such as the kinds found in say, rodent poisons and semiconductor doping material. Don't forget that at one time mercury was used in medicines, with good results, but I wouldn't try formulating a mercurial, cyonuric, or arsenic ingestible without considerable research.

As I recall there are some internet links regarding skin lighteners, and I think I got to them through a gothic site list that I linked to from right here @ G.net
Nardol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 05:49 PM   #20
Nardol

Sorry, I am unable to differentiate between seriousness and joking in most posts. <embarassed>
Old 03-06-2006, 06:53 PM   #21
maggot

Speak for yourself. I'm enfuriated he can't fifferentiate.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:15 PM   #22
Jane13

The green thing really works.... but I can't try to be pale and look like I don't have acne because I have an olivey skintone. I would need a slightly purple makeup to look pale, but because I have acne I have to stick with my natural olivy-color and use green to minimize acne. Oddly enough, however, I find that green hair makes me look paler, my eyes bluer, and my teeth less...erm... "tan" heh heh. I'm not sure how that works.... maybe it's just in my head 0.o
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:16 PM   #23
Godslayer Jillian

I just stay in the shadows (yeah, gothy, huh?) and ofttime bathe my hands and sometimes my face in lemon juice. Fresh squeezed of course.
I thought the arsenic thing was a serious thing algo, hehe

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:19 PM   #24
maggot

Hey! My hands arent slimey... Just scaly and smooth like a snake!
Old 03-06-2006, 10:48 PM   #25
Nardol

after searching I couldn't find the DIY page I was really looking for, but maybe check this out

http://www.naturaljapanesebeauty.com/njb.page2.html

the japanese are traditionallhy all about fair skin. Being a genuine red head the biggest problems I have are the sun and that clogged pores are very obvious and must be fougth against fiercely. Have any suggestions?

PS I'm a sweetie! -so says Xng <swoons>-