Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 09-24-2012, 08:33 AM   #751
Timeless Rebellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pothead View Post
well it's how he designed it, and he himself died for you to save you, because that was the only way he could do it, why won't you accept salvation from hell, he doesn't want you to go to hell, he doesn't send you there either, you send your self there for not believing , so why don't you believe today, what would it hurt ?
If he doesn't want people to go to Hell, then why did he make it in the first place?
Also, if he created everything and the rules for everything, he can change those rules.
Your argument is an invalid display of blind fanaticism.
Forget me not, and keep my memory.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:35 PM   #752
Blue_Ballerina

Okay first off I'd like to applaud Pothead for taking such a beating and still coming on so fierce. Goodness you have patience! To be the only christian on the board fighting so verdantly for God. God bless you, brother.

For the others, hilarious people as you are your pasta jokes had me rolling. However, I am unimpressed. You say that Christians don't take into account logic. Well I am a mathematician and astrophysicist and very logical and analytical. I am also Christian. You are guilty of the crime you accuse us of. First of all, have any of you heard of the Heisenburg Uncertainty Principle? Because this is a damn good example of it. You have about a .01% chance of being wrong about everything you say yet you don't even consider the option of Christians being right. That's not to say we know everything but I believe we are both right and I'll explain in a minute. This is why we have THEORY of Evolution. Not LAW. Because of this uncertainty. Philosophically speaking you begin an argument to refute it by presupposing that it is true. Not by saying it is false because you will get false results. If you come to a contradiction post supposition then you can say that the presupposition is false! It's isolation of the variable and part of the scientific process.

Secondly, if we have two contradicting arguments most of the time you will find the correct answer in the paradoxical combination of the two. Compromise! Just like the nature v.s. nurture argument most of the time it is due to both. Hmmm I wonder what else in nature needs COMPROMISE in order to work? I dunno...maybe love? Ah, yes that little chemical reaction in our brains that makes us want to procreate. Gee, if that causes life to exist, maybe that says a little something about what God was thinking when he created all life in the universe? Romans 1:20 the things in nature tell about God. All you have to do is look around you and analyze their purpose. So this "nonsense" about GOD creating life for no purpose goes out the window. However, pothead you were right in that picture about how there was nothing, coming from nothing, for nothing (the Atheist label). So you see there is an analytical nature happening in the bible.

Now, for the case of us both being right, (and to respond to the quote of Daniel: Evolution does not disprove the existence of God, neither does any science. All science shows us is the method by which they were carried out, the steps, processes of his word. Let me explain, is it possible that God could have spoken the names of all the animals, plants and creations that will ever exist on the planet and it took him six days to do so which would be like directions or a recipe for the universe to respond to creating the atomic and therefore molecular structure to occur? (Even my biology professor from Community College agrees with this one) This would have occurred while the sun was a protostar in our early nebula. Which would date everything correctly scientifically. Dinosaurs and early life were just steps in creating the current life forms on Earth. This is how life is created...the laws of nature, they cannot be undone because it is logic! It's like, if you want to bake a cake but all you have is peanut butter, jelly, and bread. Will you get a cake? No...same way the only way to cleanse of from our sins was by Jesus coming down to give us directions to get back home to heaven. Could we have just made it up without him coming down to tell us? No, we wouldn't know where to go, the universe is a vast place and with the problem of the cosmological constant...oh boy. It wasn't just the act of dying that makes God forgive us (and let me explain why). Does anyone know about the story of Abraham and Issac his only son? This was God testing the human race to see if we would do the same for him. His hypothesis was "If I do this, (send my Son to this Earth where, because of their wickedness, they will surely kill him for what he has to say) would they do the same for me?" Abraham almost did it were it not for the angels stopping him, so the answer is yes! So Jesus came to preach. And his act of dying for us is not an arbitrary symbol, it was out of love. So that we wouldn't die, he had to prove that all the things he said he was saying out of love, because he submitted to our legal system, He wanted us to do the same for him and submit to His laws. Ever heard "Do unto others and you would have them do unto you?" That's the principle.
And as far as not knowing what came before the existence of the universe or before God lemme pose this point. If you were born at a certain point in time, and no one has lived before you, can you say what happened before you were born? Lemme rephrase, you live inside of a closed system and there is a starting point of time call it the big bang, was there anything before the big bang, if it is the start? Because the very definition of start is that nothing came before it. Otherwise it wouldn't be a "start" Now we can think about this mathematically, in the natural number system, what is the digit that comes before 1? 0 right? Does 0 have a value? No. When you count, do you say 0,1,2,3....? No you say 1, 2,3 so 1 is the start of value. Think about the number 1 and then think of the concept of infinity. Have any of you heard of the Big Crunch? If you haven't it would be when the universe stops expanding and begins to recede on itself. That would be like counting backwards from infinity and reaching 0 again. Now what is the number that we must go through until it reaches zero again? 1. That's the last value before nothingness.
In the Book of Revelations Chapter 1, Jesus Christ proclaims to Saint John the Divine that he is "The Alpha and the Omega, The Beginning and the End" What numerical value is both the beginning and the end according to what I just said? ONE. If that doesn't blow your mind...PM me. We'll talk more.
God Bless you all.

Oh and btw
Hard Rock hearts and ripped up jeans
All of you think you're so obscene
Every mocker needs a taste of Judas-rot!

Judas, Judas, Judas, Judas, Judas,Judas,Judas,Judas, JUDAS ROT!
(Modified from Jack of Jill's "Lollirot")
Blue_Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #753
Versus

1. Pothead isn't the only Christian on this forum; The rest know that it's not the point to argue for the existence of God.

2. Pothead is not an actual person. He's a troll. Most likely, he's a troll account from one of our regulars. The reason why this thread has gone for so long is because the people who respond to him.. well, I don't know why they do it.

3. It's odd that you require so much to explain God.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #754
Miss Absynthe

4. It's odd that people try to explain the unknowable.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:57 PM   #755
Blue_Ballerina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
1. Pothead isn't the only Christian on this forum; The rest know that it's not the point to argue for the existence of God.

2. Pothead is not an actual person. He's a troll. Most likely, he's a troll account from one of our regulars. The reason why this thread has gone for so long is because the people who respond to him.. well, I don't know why they do it.

Actually I didn't mean the only Christian on this forum, I meant on this thread. I saw no other Christians jump in and respond.

You know I actually wondered why someone would bring that up here. I didn't want to go into these discussions on this forum either but since everyone was being so adamant about bashing my religion on here I had to say something. I just wanted to make a statement because it truly is my belief system and some of the things were rather vulgar. But the jokes were in fact very funny. Jesus was probably sitting on the throne laughing about the 6.66 antipesto joke.

In response to the 3rd and Aby, of course it requires a lot to explain God...especially if his status in the minds of men is allegedly "unknowable."

I won't go on and on about this because I am not the type to force my religion on anyone. I was simply defending my King's honor.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:16 PM   #756
Timeless Rebellion

Blue_Ballerina - The only reason Pothead is the only Christian to respond in here is, that all the other Christians in here know, that none of us mean offense to the Christians as a group.
Pothead is, as Versus mentioned, a troll account, and he has been trying to forcefully convert people on here for a while as part of his trolling spree. So we are trying to forcefully convert him to Pastafarianism.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:00 AM   #757
Blue_Ballerina

Hahaha. Okay well that makes me feel better. It is rude of someone to do such. If you're their seriously not interested, why give us a bad name by trying to MAKE someone listen? I mean they'll never find the way that route. A person will always have bitterness in their heart towards God unless they were open to it in the beginning.

So, what he uses the pseudonym pothead to blend in until he can attack your personal beliefs and cause an emotional response? Lame. No wonder people hate us. They should be able to regulate that kind of thing. I mean it's almost hateful to both sides. I personally am offended.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:35 AM   #758
Timeless Rebellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Ballerina View Post
Hahaha. Okay well that makes me feel better. It is rude of someone to do such. If you're their seriously not interested, why give us a bad name by trying to MAKE someone listen? I mean they'll never find the way that route. A person will always have bitterness in their heart towards God unless they were open to it in the beginning.

So, what he uses the pseudonym pothead to blend in until he can attack your personal beliefs and cause an emotional response? Lame. No wonder people hate us. They should be able to regulate that kind of thing. I mean it's almost hateful to both sides. I personally am offended.
I would never attack someone based on their beliefs if they didn't strike first.
I believe in a wide, religious tolerance and mutual respect being the way foreward despite my personal beliefs.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #759
Timeless Rebellion

Proof of the truth in Pastafarianism has been found!!!

This is the central and peripheral nervous system of a human being. Look at his noodly design!! LOOK AT IT!!!
Old 09-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #760
Blue_Ballerina

lol! That picture is pretty sic.

I agree, that religious tolerance is paramount no matter what your personal beliefs are. It shows maturity in character and most of all respect. I've even gone as far as to have a blatantly Satanic friend. He was one of my closest friends for a long time. Seriously, like this one time I went to his house for his birthday and he performed a ritual in front of my other friends and I. It was interesting. I wouldn't attend another because the residue rubbed off on me but I never attacked him for his beliefs. I'm sure he would have loved this bit about the FSM.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:13 PM   #761
Miss Absynthe

The residue?
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #762
Blue_Ballerina

I was attacked by demonic entities. And still have them around me. Stuff in my house moves on it's own and my family, friends and I hear the demonic voices. Unfortunately the only exorcist I can find wants to charge $495 for one hour. *sigh* I'll just keep praying.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:33 PM   #763
Kasdeja

TR... more proof the Noodly One is to be praised! Love the pic.

My medication is taking care of the voices I hear.

Props to Spooky Spencer for the 'shopped avatar!
If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.
Kasdeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:29 AM   #764
Blue_Ballerina

I take medication for it too. But how do you explain that my friends hear it too? My friend Kitty said she hears whispering in my room. And my whole family including Kitty saw a manifestation in my sister's room. The curtains in her room were torn down like someone had just ripped through them and the locked window was suddenly open. No wind outside. It was strange. We are all trying hard to believe that it was the wind and that the voices are the people downstairs...
Old 09-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #765
pothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post

how do I know your not a real person? I am not a troll, and only a troll to those who find me offensive, here is my facebook by the way, you can see if I am real or not http://www.facebook.com/gene.rees.7
pothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #766
pothead

Quote:

do you honestly believe that is their personal beliefs ? the pastafarianism was made as a joke to attack christians, I hardly ever attack anyone's real beliefs. I just state how they are wrong, and move on. The only thing I do here is chat with people, and present the gospel. they attacked my beliefs first, if I ever attacked theirs it was in belief self defense.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #767
pothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Rebellion View Post
I would never attack someone based on their beliefs if they didn't strike first.
I believe in a wide, religious tolerance and mutual respect being the way foreward despite my personal beliefs.
you attacked me first, so where do you get the right to say that ?
Old 09-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #768
pothead

Quote:
I was attacked by demonic entities. And still have them around me. Stuff in my house moves on it's own and my family, friends and I hear the demonic voices. Unfortunately the only exorcist I can find wants to charge $495 for one hour. *sigh* I'll just keep praying.
yeah I have been attacked too, but I sing Jesus hyms and they go away, before I got saved they really attacked me, and my house, but after I got saved they left me lone mainly. But sometimes they come back every now and then to put bad thoughts in my head like curse words towards the holy spirit type thoughts, but I use to be in the occult so they were mad when I converted, and they tried to stop me from getting saved too. It's strange, but it happens sometimes, and the only thing you can do is get born again, and then you will stop seeing them, and they would stop attacking, so have you been born again? do you want to be ? if you do then obey the gospel message on the first page of this thread.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #769
Jonathan

I am in California and will be happy to scare away any bad energies you have around you. I'll do it for an iced coffee
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:36 PM   #770
Timeless Rebellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pothead View Post
you attacked me first, so where do you get the right to say that ?
No. You attacked first by making several threads on this board trying to forcefully convert us.

And how do you know that I am not a dedicated Pastafarian? Did you not see the image I posted? The noodly design of the human central an peripheral nervous system is more proof of The Noodly One than there ever was of your god.

And can you PLEASE gather all your responses to people in one post instead of posting 5 in a row? It is really bad manners, and it is difficult to get an overview of your posts.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:12 PM   #771
Kasdeja

Old 09-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #772
Jonathan

So the Flying Spaghetti Monster's name is Rik.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #773
AshleyO

Quote:
lol! That picture is pretty sic.

I agree, that religious tolerance is paramount no matter what your personal beliefs are. It shows maturity in character and most of all respect. I've even gone as far as to have a blatantly Satanic friend. He was one of my closest friends for a long time. Seriously, like this one time I went to his house for his birthday and he performed a ritual in front of my other friends and I. It was interesting. I wouldn't attend another because the residue rubbed off on me but I never attacked him for his beliefs. I'm sure he would have loved this bit about the FSM.
...No it doesn't and handing out unearned respect for unqualified ideas isn't a sign of maturity, it's either a sign of intellectual cowardice or intellectual laziness. MRAs believe men are persecuted by feminists. This isn't an idea that needs to be respected, it needs to be mocked.

Also, I think you're lying about your experience with demons or you have no clue as to what a lack of belief in gods means if you can make a supernatural claim that you "know" is true and then can say that the respect that a lack of belief in the supernatural is just as valid is warranted is just plain inconsistent.

Then again... hey, you're haunted by demons, right? Fuck me, where's Christ when you need him?

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:44 PM   #774
Kasdeja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
It would appear that way, yes.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:15 PM   #775
Timeless Rebellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
That is one of the possibilites, yes.
However, His name is only speculated - for it is possible that He has a name that cannot be pronounced without a noodly tongue the likeness of His.