Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:22 PM   #1
Lydia Deetz

I'm new.

Well, I'm new. I'm a female 21(22 in 3 more months) black goth(yes, we do exist) though I'm more of a geek. I've been a goth since I was 15, but I didn't become a genuine one until 2 years ago. You know having to grow up, find yourself etc. I'm no stranger to forums, especially the goth forums.

My username is a tribute to Lydia Deetz from the Beetlejuice film and cartoon. She was my first exposure to goth way before I even knew what it was.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I fit the goth stereotype of having artistic interests: Drawing, writing, and photography. I also used to be in the school band so I have some musical background which also falls into art.

Like I said, I'm more a geek: anime/manga, gaming, computers, comics, reading fanfiction, still watching cartoons(Mainly ones from the 80s and 90s. They were the best years of T.V.), and of course, sci-fi(especially cyberpunk).

2. Where are you from?

I'm from Mississippi(Yes, there are goths here, but you have to look very hard) and I'm not proud of it. It's so boring here and full of ignorant rednecks and ghetto people. Sticking out like a sore thumb doesn't help either, but I've gotten used to it. Annoying yes, but used to it. I chose to stand out after all. Not just being a goth, but being a vegetarian(for my health and not caring much for meat in the first place. I'm not a hippie) and an atheist (picture that in this meat loving and god loving(and fearing) state).

3. Who is your favorite author?
I like too many to decide.

4. What are your favorite films?
I like too many to decide.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
If I ever get married. Even so, I'd probably elope or have one so small it wouldn't matter. I'm not a romantic(at least in this aspect). The only reason I even still bother with marriage is because I like the idea of calling a man my husband and I've always wanted to wear a wedding dress.

6. At your funeral?
I'll be dead. Why does it matter?

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
I'm not a death lover, but I've accepted that it's going to happen one day. When I do die, I want it to be natural and I want to be happy.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
Once again, I'll be dead. It won't matter.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
I don't have one. I like all my clothes. Some more than others, but no definite favorite.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
My childhood sucked(ugh, I sound so cliche) so I don't miss anything.

11. What's your favorite band?
I like music. Period. I'm still experimenting with adding more artists to my collection. So I don't have a favorite.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I'm doing a double major in Graphic Design and Computer Networking. I'm in my Sophmore year and got 2 more years left.

13. Why did you join?
I used to have an account at Goth.net(under a different name), but I left because I was immature when I joined so I said a lot of things I'm not proud of and wanted a fresh start. Plus, they're a bit uptight there. Yeah, I liked that there were Moderaters and deep topics, but it was too strict. I was so intimidated and felt like I had to be on guard all the time. This place seems to have the same depth, but more laid back where I can get comfortable.

This is only forum I have an account in right now. I've learned that the internet is full of idiots, but I'm a flawed human being who gets lonely sometimes so I decided "What the hell? I have no social life in real life anyway. So why not give the internet another try?"

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
I'm female.
Lydia Deetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:35 PM   #2
Saya

Hello and welcome! This may sound surprising since it is gothic.net, but no one really cares. Not at all. I'd say half of us don't even use the label, probably more than half. You don't have to defend your gothiness or anything, so relax and be yourself!

Anyway, lots of us are geeks too! What anime/manga do you like?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:37 PM   #3
Alan

Aren't we more uptight than goth.net?
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:43 PM   #4
Versus

Quote:
yes, we do exist
I laughed. I'm told my father was black, but you can't really see it in me. Though I don't assert to be goth, so I guess that doesn't count.

What I like about these forums is that the common belief is that we are all multi-faceted people.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #5
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Aren't we more uptight than goth.net?
At least we don't have a dress code!
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:02 AM   #6
TheFeatheredÆtheling

You do sound very interesting. "Beetle Juice" is one of my favourites, and I've always had a most terrible crush on Winona Ryder. 'A "warm welcome" to you.
TheFeatheredÆtheling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:50 AM   #7
Lydia Deetz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
You don't have to defend your gothiness or anything, so relax and be yourself!

Anyway, lots of us are geeks too! What anime/manga do you like?
I know, but the goth subculture doesn't always practice what they preach especially when it comes to non-white goths. Us black goths seem to get it the worst. So naturally, I get defensive after having to deal with so many people giving me bullshit about it(both goths and non-goths).

I've seen too much anime and manga to list all of them.
Lydia Deetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:21 PM   #8
OnyxBat

It's ok to stick out like a sore thumb. Welcome
Old 11-11-2010, 01:57 AM   #9
UltraViolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydia Deetz View Post
still watching cartoons(Mainly ones from the 80s and 90s. They were the best years of T.V.)
Agreed!

I miss Rainbow Brite and Samurai Pizza Cats. :3
...would mention more, but people are likely to point and laugh.
UltraViolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:15 AM   #10
Dark13

Hello from a fellow newbie!
Dark13 is offline   Reply With Quote