Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 04-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #76
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
That doesn't account for why so many religious people are pro-choice, or why so many people who aren't strictly religious are pro-life.

The more likely reason people are pro-life is that they are ignorant.
Plus, the Bible says nothing about abortion, but it does say that if a woman is attacked by a man and miscarries, he has to pay a fine but its not a murder, so no eye for an eye. He only dies if the mother also dies. I know a lot of anti-choicers like to use a passage where God talks about knowing the person while they were still in the womb, but he's talking to a particular person and how that singular, particular person was a favourite because God specifically had plans for him before he was born, so it seems to say God doesn't have that kind of affection for most people.

Actually, most protestant evangelicals didn't give two shits about abortion until the 80s. It was seen as a Catholic problem and besides, scripture doesn't seem to support it. But when evangelicals fell in more with the right wing government, was feeling sad about itself after the movements of the sixties and seventies (civil rights, women's rights, gay rights, etc), attacking abortion became politically convenient and part of the backlash against women's liberation.

Also, I don't think its the literalists who think an exception should be made for **** and incest, like Santorum they have the idea that we should make lemons out of lemonade. I think it comes from people who want to punish sluts, rather than people who couldn't help it.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:44 AM   #77
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Plus, the Bible says nothing about abortion, but it does say that if a woman is attacked by a man and miscarries, he has to pay a fine but its not a murder, so no eye for an eye. He only dies if the mother also dies. I know a lot of anti-choicers like to use a passage where God talks about knowing the person while they were still in the womb, but he's talking to a particular person and how that singular, particular person was a favourite because God specifically had plans for him before he was born, so it seems to say God doesn't have that kind of affection for most people.

Actually, most protestant evangelicals didn't give two shits about abortion until the 80s. It was seen as a Catholic problem and besides, scripture doesn't seem to support it. But when evangelicals fell in more with the right wing government, was feeling sad about itself after the movements of the sixties and seventies (civil rights, women's rights, gay rights, etc), attacking abortion became politically convenient and part of the backlash against women's liberation.

Also, I don't think its the literalists who think an exception should be made for **** and incest, like Santorum they have the idea that we should make lemons out of lemonade. I think it comes from people who want to punish sluts, rather than people who couldn't help it.

I have a better idea.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #78
Sinjob

Aye yo fuck ya'all
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #79
Sinjob

I don't get paid to write jokes on this site.
You think YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO BE A STARVING CRITIC?
I'm going home.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:51 PM   #80
Feraralive

femara letrozole

buy generic letrozole is an oral, anti-estrogen drug which lowers estrogen levels in postmenopausal women to prevent certain types of breast cancer.
or kamagra sildenafil citrate
Feraralive is offline   Reply With Quote