Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:05 PM   #26
Tha Duckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazard
That would explain your constant posts during the past week, since you returned. It would also explain your energy when you post, and where all of those ideas come from.
I am full of Tha Rock! I'm like Motley Crue with a four foot boner, yo!
Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:31 AM   #27
childofdarkness

Wow- the people here are very 'disordered'... to say the least.
I've been diagnosed with Semantic Pragmatic Disorder [sort of like Asperger's], Attention Deficit Disorder, General Anxiety Disorder, Mild Social Phobia, and well, I've had sleep disorders ever since I left my mother's womb.
I'm disordered too... yay?
=P
childofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 02:52 AM   #28
Opteron_Man

i have Asperger's syndrome. i got over being in denile about it some time ago. i am proud of who i am. June 18 is Autistic Pride Day!
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:37 AM   #29
plum phlogiston

Quote:
Originally Posted by childofdarkness
I've been diagnosed with Semantic Pragmatic Disorder [sort of like Asperger's]
=P

Wow, ok, thank you childofdarkness....some strange niggling mum sense just made me look up SPD....and now at last I have a name for what makes my son the odd one out in school.

I cannot believe even though he's been in a special language unit they've not mentioned this at all....oh they've muttered and skirted 'round Asbergers and Autism...'no, no, we don't think.......um....maybe...mutter mutter' etc etc but not a mention of this. Yet on every site I've searched the symptoms fit.

I am oddly relieved. And a little emotional.

Off to have a comforting cup of tea.
plum phlogiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 04:33 AM   #30
raggedyanne

I have untreated clinical depression and mild bipolar disorder. It means that I get quickly changing moods and can go from hyper to suicidal within minutes. My issues are no where near as serious as some described here, but it's making it hard to be 'normal' and keep on top of school. I also have severe insomnia, which stems from mental factors. Which is part of the reason I'm up this early. I get really bad headaches that they say are related to my insomnia and depression. I'm in a bit of denial that I understand what I have to deal with, but I refuse to get medicated. Strange thing is that when I'm on the depression end of things, my insomnia disappears and all I want to do is sleep. I have a difficult time interacting with people for long periods of time because the mood swings kick in pretty often. I don't get manic much as hyper, active, and strangely gleeful; all of which are quickly followed by periods of quiet, grumpy-ness (my sister's word), and depressed behavior. The only reason I can describe it this well is that my mom sends me to a shrink so that I don't try to kill myself again. Oh, almost forgot to mention the SI, self-injury/ cutting. I am most definately not the most stable person around.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:44 PM   #31
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man
i have Asperger's syndrome. i got over being in denile about it some time ago. i am proud of who i am. June 18 is Autistic Pride Day!
Ah well welcome a fellow Aspergerian (it's a name I prefer over aspieand person with aspergers because if you act like it is not a part of you people treat you like you have a disease).

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:49 PM   #32
Renatus

Also Opteron POST AN INTRO AS REQUIRED.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 08-22-2007, 02:43 AM   #33
Apathy's_Child

Oh my god....... I've fallen in among a load of fuckin' nutters.

Just kidding. Kinda.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:29 AM   #34
PixieStix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying_Crimson_Tears
Seroquel has a nice side affect of gaining weight so be careful, but I am also on that and it works. So I would suggest talking to your psychiatrist about it.
Just about any neuroleptic will cause weight gain with the exception of perhaps Geodon. I've been on most anti psychotics known to man and well...I'm pharmaceutically fat now. I was diagnosed years ago w/ Bipolar 1 w/psychotic features, PTSD, and Dissociative identity disorder...but who cares about that kind of crap anyway.
PixieStix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 10:41 AM   #35
Lapin

I have severe ADD/ADHD issues, according to my fired shrink. I take no meds, nor do I care to. They make me very sleepy.

As for how it interferes with my everyday life, it doesn't, for the most part, anymore. There are of course bad days, in which I cannot, for the life of me, hold still, nor can I stay on a subject for more than five minutes. I have a tendency of being very silly and happy when I'm having a "bad day".

Most of the time though, its confined to me shaking my leg or constantly looking around, or not being able to concentrate on a conversation. Its not too bad, to be honest.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:25 PM   #36
mindless1

I'm still taking it although it has been making me very strange. Like I've been doing things like mumbling to myself outloud when I never do that. I've also been kind of getting moods like terrible. Although I have been able to focus better I've been feeling kind of wiped out.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:55 PM   #37
Metabolik

I'm not sure but I think i'm bi-polar. I get the feeling sometimes, because sometimes I have real weird mood swings for no reason. Although that could just be puberty. Another one is that i'm very paranoid.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:05 PM   #38
mindless1

what are you paranoid of?
Old 08-25-2007, 01:25 PM   #39
Metabolik

Sometimes I get the feeling people talk about me behind my back and say bad things about me.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:57 PM   #40
mindless1

That's not so bad. There are worse things you could be paranoid of. I'm sort of having the same problem but it's because I'm extremely shy.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:03 PM   #41
Death

Hail All!
Just a quick one this as I need to get to bed shortly, but thought that I'd make a contribution after quickly skimming this thread. :-)

I'm another Aspie - I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome (Often shortened to AS) about three years ago. I was initially prescribed a low (500ug) daily dosage of Haloperidol, but gave that up shortly afterwards as I was getting Cannabis-esque side effects. :-O

Since then, I've been forging my own way through life and seem to be doing okay-ish...Although the rigours of normal day-to-day life pose no problem for me at all, it's the things that matter most to me (Keeping a job, making friends, finding love etc.) that I'm forever messing up on! :'-(

Strangely enough (For someone with Aspergers anyway) I find that I am able to go for nights out on my own or with friends, and never seem to have any of the anxiety problems that most Aspies are said to have...So after what ChildOfDarkness mentioned about him/herself, I may take a peek at what Wikipedia says for Semantic Pragmatic Disorder to check for the (Very remote) possibility that my diagnosis is incorrect, as I have sometimes wondered if it's actually Aspergers that I have... :-O

On more minor issues: I'm also prone to OCD-like behavior, have something of a paranoia with certain social situations (Possibly due to the AS), and tend to use obscene language a lot. (Although I don't honestly think I have Tourette's Syndrome.)

Farewell...
>> Death <<
Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:51 PM   #42
Metabolik

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless1
That's not so bad. There are worse things you could be paranoid of. I'm sort of having the same problem but it's because I'm extremely shy.
Same here, I'm very shy, it's because there isn't much I can say to start a conversation too.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:28 PM   #43
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death
Hail All!
Just a quick one this as I need to get to bed shortly, but thought that I'd make a contribution after quickly skimming this thread. :-)

I'm another Aspie - I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome (Often shortened to AS) about three years ago. I was initially prescribed a low (500ug) daily dosage of Haloperidol, but gave that up shortly afterwards as I was getting Cannabis-esque side effects. :-O

Since then, I've been forging my own way through life and seem to be doing okay-ish...Although the rigours of normal day-to-day life pose no problem for me at all, it's the things that matter most to me (Keeping a job, making friends, finding love etc.) that I'm forever messing up on! :'-(

Strangely enough (For someone with Aspergers anyway) I find that I am able to go for nights out on my own or with friends, and never seem to have any of the anxiety problems that most Aspies are said to have...So after what ChildOfDarkness mentioned about him/herself, I may take a peek at what Wikipedia says for Semantic Pragmatic Disorder to check for the (Very remote) possibility that my diagnosis is incorrect, as I have sometimes wondered if it's actually Aspergers that I have... :-O

On more minor issues: I'm also prone to OCD-like behavior, have something of a paranoia with certain social situations (Possibly due to the AS), and tend to use obscene language a lot. (Although I don't honestly think I have Tourette's Syndrome.)

Farewell...
>> Death <<
Don't try try to diagnose yourself, because while many things may have the same symptoms the symptoms themselves may be different in many way. The doctors know the fine line between similar issues, I for example could say off of my own internet informed diagnosis I have a borderline personality disorder. But my county appointed therapist knows what somone with the actual disorder acts like. Its kind of like the difference between goth metal industrial and emo, they may all have similarities but there are several major differences that an inexperienced person could not differentiate between.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:52 AM   #44
Onetwothree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald
Anyone else dealing with mental health issues? And I am talking about real mental health issues, not "zOmG i HaVE iSHOos MoAR aTeNsHUN plEZ!!!111". I have a fairly severe Anxiety and Panic Disorder, Cyclical Endogenous Depression (fancy way of saying I have clinical depression which occurs in cycles), Adult Attention Deficit Disorder, Residual Borderline Personality Disorder and chronic Anorexia Nervosa (subtype restricting) which I have been in recovery for for the past 2 and half or so years. I've also has two Psychotic episodes (one related to the overuse of Cannabis, the other to my anxiety disorder), seeing green goblins dancing on the doorstep of my house was an interesting experience to say the least *lol* and have dealt with issues of self harm in the past. I'm not currently on any medications because I haven't had much like finding something that works without me suffering horrendous negative side effects and weird reactions.

Oh my lady and lord I sound like a walking stereotype for Goth *lol*

So anyway what's your diagnosis? and how do you deal with it? Perhaps we could make this a sort of support/vent/rant kind of thread
Wow, we must come from a similar family tree, because I have: bi-polar, schizotypical disorder, anxiety disorder, and panic, as well as severe anger problems, ADHD, tourettes, and a hypersexuality problems.

Hurrah for mental retardation!
Onetwothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:22 PM   #45
raggedyanne

My family has a history of suicide and addiction, so I'm pretty much screwed. Right now I'm on the happy swing, so weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:32 PM   #46
Reikikuro

Well I don't know if mine are severe enough but I'll list them anyway. I have aspburgers syndrome (a very strange form of autism,look it up), PTSD, and I've been hospitalized for depression. I say however I'm not depressed. You'd be miserable too if your entire family died off when you were thirteen and from then on you supported youself. Not that I'm complaining.
Reikikuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:37 PM   #47
StasisInDarkness

I've struggled with anorexia (binge/purge type) for...shit, like five years now, with OCD, clinical depression, and a little self-harm sprinkled into the mix! I attempted suicide almost two years ago, and I hope that I'm never in that Geodon-induced hopelessness again.

Geodon fucks you up, man. Or, at least it did me.
StasisInDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:07 AM   #48
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikikuro
Well I don't know if mine are severe enough but I'll list them anyway. I have aspburgers syndrome (a very strange form of autism,look it up), PTSD, and I've been hospitalized for depression. I say however I'm not depressed. You'd be miserable too if your entire family died off when you were thirteen and from then on you supported youself. Not that I'm complaining.
Please learn to spell aspergers correctly, you're not the only one here with it and frankly the asburgers spelling of it is considered very offensive.

Old 10-05-2007, 08:20 PM   #49
Catch

I had suicidal depression. I still deal with it. Have panic attacks once in awhile, not a big deal.

A big part of why it's under control now, is I went to see a medical doctor, got diagnosed and given a cure. Beyond that I've started studying Traditional Asian Medicine and found a good all around blend I take daily.

For panic attacks, I workout regularly. If a panic attack comes on, I focus on what is really around me to come out it. It is weird though. I usually just feel like I'm in a dream suddenly and nothing is real. It really isn't that bad. Got coping skills.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:42 PM   #50
raggedyanne

I believe I may be developing anxiety. I keep worrying about things I shouldn't. But something tells me my worried may be true, so there's slight possibility of sanity.