Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-24-2006, 10:18 PM   #26
Solumina

no fair, I want a slave too
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 10:59 PM   #27
Godslayer Jillian

Getting a little back on the subject:

Yesterday I kind of stopped a guy I know from his idea of killing himself. Do you want to know why was he thinking about suicide?
Because his girlfriend broke up with him two weeks ago!!
I'm getting sick of these kids. I have heard already of two of them (A guy my best friend knew and a neighbor of my other best friend) that did commit suicide.
I have really stopped pitying them, and now I just think they're weak.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 07:22 AM   #28
Virulent Dryad

What's with people wanting to die over a lame relationship? Yeah great, you shared time, love and many happy things together and your relationship was "oh-so-wonderful" and now it's come to an end, that's not a reason to commit suicide. That is, like you said, just weak. Everyone has to have a bad break up at some point, otherwise you'll just be inexperienced in the future and people will most likely find you a pain to be around and a whiner.
"Like that old tale, the girl who wanted to become the best dancer in the world. "Yes," said the sorceress, "but each time you set your foot on earth will be like knives slashing." "If you can stand the pain, you will be granted your desire."
Virulent Dryad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 01:05 PM   #29
Sobeh

I've a few thoughts...

Suicide is, in the end, someone confessing that they came to the conclusion that life just isn't worth the effort. They've invested meaning in something that betrayed their trust, and furthermore feel that there can no longer be anything meaningful to make the effort life takes worth the reward, whatever that is. It's an understandable series of thoughts, and suggesting that those who succumb to such thoughts are merely weak is in bad faith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus
There is but one truly serious philosophical problem, and that is suicide. Judging whether life is or is not worth living amounts to answering the fundamental question of philosophy.

A world that can be explained even with bad reasons is a familiar world. But, on the other hand, in a universe suddenly divested of illusions and lights, man feels an alien, a stranger. ... This divorce between man and his life, the actor and his setting, is properly the feeling of absurdity.
In this sense it can be seen that suicide hastens the inevitable end that will come no matter whether one's efforts are toward or against this common fate. The absurd quality of life, in death, is solved, but this is of course the true critique of suicide:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman Hesse, Steppenwolf
He (the one who has contemplated suicide and knows that this escape from the absurd is always available) gained strength through familiarity with the thought that the emergency exit stood always open, and became curious, too, to taste his suffering to the dregs. If it went too badly with him he could feel sometimes with a grim malicious pleasure: "I am curious to see all the same just how much a man can endure. If the limit of what is bearable is reached, I have only to open the door to escape."
To claim that a bad occasion, having transpired, has voided one's future of all possible value is to claim omniscience. We've all heard the rather trite 'death is a permanent solution to a temporary problem', but I would recommend a good evening's meditation on the following:

Quote:
Life is a temporary solution to a permanent problem.
Why hasten the problem along? Its plain inevitability infinitely increases the value of such transitory states as existence seems to be marked by, beyond the feelings of mere objectification others can engender in us.

That anyone can contemplate suicide as a response to the actions of another is to give that other so much power... is it not obvious that such power, enough to end a life, if redirected, could be made to attain any ends you may wish to choose for yourself?
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 01:16 PM   #30
horrorgirl

The only reason why I would kill myself is if I was dying of a terrible illness. If I had terminal cancer,etc..., I would off myself. I wouldn't want my relatives to have to pay a bunch of useless medical bills.

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 01:25 PM   #31
Virulent Dryad

Euthanasia?
"Like that old tale, the girl who wanted to become the best dancer in the world. "Yes," said the sorceress, "but each time you set your foot on earth will be like knives slashing." "If you can stand the pain, you will be granted your desire."
Old 05-25-2006, 01:26 PM   #32
Virulent Dryad

I believe that, in general, suicide is a coward's way out. But then again, people who commit suicide are usually in a mentally unstable state of mind, psychologically frail, or whatever they call it.
Old 05-25-2006, 05:19 PM   #33
DrenchedInGin

My cousin committed suicide, oh, years ago. Depression is a family illness and she had it worse than most. Her death was so carefully planned, and nobody realised at all because in her last week or so of life, she seemed so much happier than she ever had before. I guess we realised afterwards that it was because she'd made up her mind.

Initially, quite a few people were really angry with her. But that didn't last too long, because she'd made it clear she did what she wanted to do, feeling that really, her life had reached it's natural end. I don't think, in her case, issues like courage or cowardice figured much at all. I personally think she died of her mental illness. Depression can, unfortunately, be fatal.

The only bright side to the whole thing was that it woke her family up to the potential that the family 'Black Dog' could be dangerous if left untreated. Nowadays most of us are being actively treated for it. I guess in her own way, my cousin saved several other lives.

Doing it because of a breakup? Yes that sounds like weakness to me. Unless the breakup had exacerbated a pre-existing mental illness. But I don't blame you for feeling angry about it, Jillian. Sometimes I still feel angry at my poor cousin.
DrenchedInGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 06:39 PM   #34
reversed poem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrenchedInGin
My cousin committed suicide, oh, years ago. Depression is a family illness and she had it worse than most. Her death was so carefully planned, and nobody realised at all because in her last week or so of life, she seemed so much happier than she ever had before. I guess we realised afterwards that it was because she'd made up her mind.

oh no...
how'd your cousin commit suicide?
reversed poem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:08 PM   #35
cradle

YOU BUMPED AN OLD ASS THREAD TO ASK A PERSONAL QUESTION LIKE THIS?!

If she/he didnt put the reason in it, then what makes you think that she'd tell you now?
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:33 PM   #36
PersephoneX

my grandfather jumped off a bridge last year...its a thing in our family too, so every time my parents suspect that something's up, they catch it...i used to cut very deeply and once it took a bit longer to revive me...i saw how that affected the man that i loved and my family and it upset me...i'm over all of that now...i think i'm happy...
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 12:08 AM   #37
HerGhostInTheFog

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothic_chick_530
death.... dying.... I mean whats the point in offing yourself? all my friends think being emo or goth is like saying I want to kill myself just because I wear certain clothes or do my hair a different way doesn't mean I want to go die I'm perfectly all right with being alive most of the time I think that life will eventually get better and if it doesn't you've already started living theres no point in killing yourself now I just started thinking about all of this becuase I just read "johnny the homicidal maniac" its a good book you should check it out anyway thanx for reading this post...

~gothic chick
your name is random.... gothic chick haha its all o.k.
HerGhostInTheFog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 06:54 AM   #38
Delkaetre

Suicide is, for the most part, irresponsible in the extreme. Consider the friends, family, etc who will be left behind. Even if you aren't going to consider their emotions, consider the legal mess they'll have to deal with. Voluntary euthanasia in serious situations is rather different, and I fully agree with it.
But suicide irritates me. I had to spend last New Year's Eve talking someone down from it, and now rather regret that I did as I had other things to do and frankly the idiot who decided that I was an ideal agony aunt is proving to be an irritating waste of space. Yes, yes, this seems unfeeling or vicious and all that... but the amount of sheer shit that my friends and I have taken from him since then validates it.
If you're suicidal, you have two serious options- see a counsellor to get your head fixed, or commit suicide. Telling the rest of us about it in ranting posts is not helpful, nor is involving people with no professional training.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:04 PM   #39
BlackWidow

Like, oh my god, suicide is just so terrible. I am like, so goth and dark and shit. I listen to emo and where eyeliner and have no friends because I am such an outcast.
-We're sorry for the interruption, but this message has ended because the writer was so amazed by the lameness of this thread that she killed herself- Ironic.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:41 PM   #40
PersephoneX

he he he...now that's the spirit! the best thing to tell someone that's about to do it is: DO IT!...
either they will choose to take the plunge
or they will standtheir ground and chicken out....
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 06:40 PM   #41
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I think whoever posted this does have a good point though. I think she is just trying to say something. I don't think we should be laughing and shit because I think she's just trying to say something. But it could just be me.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 06:56 PM   #42
Godslayer Jillian

Oh, no, we're not making fun of her. Although we could and she wouldn't know; she's gone.
But we are not making fun of her, we are making fun of the people that think themselves to be suicidal, which she clearly stated she is not.
Now, the first responses to this thread show you how random and fun were our dear Demonista, DA, and Bjork.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:01 PM   #43
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Oh, okay. I missed that. Thanks Jillian. Sorry if I have offended anyone.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 06:12 AM   #44
Delkaetre

People on the net aren't too easily offended.
Well, except small children, the emotionally damaged, and people unused to being flamed.
But we're none of those, I think.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 01:40 PM   #45
MakingOnePost

Greetings,

I will try to keep this as short as possible as I have a habit of rambling a little bit and I do not like discussing such things but felt I had to say something for my own well being. I do not care if you disagree but I could not leave this forum hurt without my input.

I am not a gothic, though that is beside the point. How I found this place I haven’t the slightest clue whatsoever, though google is my friend.

Many of you have stated ever so bluntly that for one to take their own life, they’re weak... That or a coward. Now from such heartless and senseless remarks I’m only left to assume none of you have ever lost someone close to suicide, perhaps a mother or father or sibling.

I don’t know how to word this. This just makes me so frustrated. I lost my father last year, he was mentally ill. He suffered from what is commonly known as bipolar. I will not get into details of what this illness is, but if you’d like to know I suggest you research it. Someone mentioned above they believe most suicides are caused because of a mental illness, that’s wrong. You’ll find a lot of suicides occurred from those who do not even have the slightest record of depression or any sort of mental illness in their family.

My father took his life because he was heavily depressed and wasn’t himself. I suppose it was his only way to escape what to him was a struggle to continue.

I’ve kicked the shit out of a lot of people who slander my fathers name because of his reasons of passing, it’s hard to explain how it makes me feel but people have uttered similar words in person which resulted in myself nearly stabbing another during a party in a drunken rage. Some advice for those who touch issues they really have no personal experience on; remember you can hurt people deeply and you may not even intend to.

Suicide is a serious issue in today’s society. Even if someone “killed themselves over breaking up with their girlfriend”, that doesn’t make them pathetic. It merely shows something left them believing they were incapable of continuing the struggle of life. It’s a chemical imbalance in the brain. It’s not selfishness, it is not their fault. Before my father passed I’d try to of taken my own life for reasons I will not disclose and now I look bad on it they were all caused by my deluded thoughts which I could not control at the time. I’m lucky I had friends to help me push on.

I’ve gone on a bit I know. I doubt half of it makes sense, but that doesn’t bother me. I’ve gotten what I wanted to say off my chest and now I can close this website and never visit it again. For anyone who is thinking about this option out of life, always think about how much pain and suffering you’ll put your family and friends through. I know I’m never going to be the same, slowly dying inside by my anger and hatred of myself for not realizing what my father was going through. That is not an emo statement as I am nothing of the such, but unless you’ve experienced such a loss you wouldn’t know the burdon of the feeling which dwells inside of some. Intense grief and guilt. Who knows, if I got there sooner he may of still been by my side today. It’s funny how much you do not realize you love someone before you lose them, then wishing you’d made an effort to show this love.

~Pauses for a moment to wipe his tears~

My apologies. But this is good for me to help move on. Good day to you all and thank you for reading. Mock me if you will, as I will not be back to read those who reply.
MakingOnePost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 03:00 PM   #46
Godslayer Jillian

It's a shame you were here for only one post, as you were very eloquent.
But, the issue is that, yes, I have had my own share of experiences. Somehow luckily, none of my family has committed suicide, but I feel it's just a matter of time. Suicidal tendencies (as I've stated before) run in my family, and now that my grandfather (alcoholic) is retired, I fear he will pull off an Ernest Hemingway.
Three friends have been on the verge of committing suicide; we convinced them not to.
A couple of people have threatened me to death by different reasons; out of them, I trust two of them are willing to make their threats a reality.
The icing of the cake for me is a thorough disrespect to my father due to his thorough disrespect of anything I hold sacred (from my beliefs to my style, from my friends to cemeteries, that last one I mught explain in the near future)

In conlusion, although it sounds harsh, I just want to say that shit happens.
Everyone experiences though shit, but this is not proportionate to being stressful. I would bet myself that everyone in life has had their own share of shit; but it's only until this last two generations that people started believing "It's not worth living if things don't go my way."
And this is not specifically only about suicide.
It's also about those people that can't go through life without their bottle of vodka.
It's also about those people that feel bad and need a smoke.
It's also about those people that think they cannot get to the end of the day if they don't have their fix.
It's about all the people who barely discovered that shit happens and canot cope with it.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote: