Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
Alan

For Greater Glory

Do NOT watch it. It's a bullshit movie and you shouldn't waste your money giving it to Catholic propaganda.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #2
Saya

But if I wanted to pirate it for fodder in religion and pop culture classes....?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:30 PM   #3
Alan

Pirate the shit out of it, but don't think for one second that it's even remotely accurate.
real classy
Old 05-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #4
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Pirate the shit out of it, but don't think for one second that it's even remotely accurate.
Care to explain how? Keeping in mind my only source of info on this is wikipedia.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #5
Alan

I keep wanting to write this but it's so much that I get bored and don't do it, but I'll very quickly explain two things.

The Cristeros were no freedom fighters. They were inhuman bastards that killed 60 thousand people because of their precious religion. They were three times as deadly as the government the film portrays as evil. The film literally portrays the Revolution as something bad, and even though there is much to hate about Elias Calles, it's the LATTER Elias Calles, the fascistic Elias Calles, that is bad, not the young idealist Calles of the time of this movie.

And just to drive the point all the strongest, the protagonist, Gorostieta, in the film he's the hero and fights for freedom in a way that is very reminiscent of the bullshit The Patriot, but in reality Gorostieta fought because he wanted to instate himself as dictator of Mexico.
And the movie doesn't even really mask this very well. For all its bullshit rhetoric, there was still a very glaring line in the movie:
Gorostieta FOUGHT FOR VICTORIANO HUERTA (probably the worst and most brutal dictator in Mexico's history) and a character in the film literally said that Gorostieta is the best general in Mexico because he DEFEATED EMILIANO ZAPATA!!

The producer is fucking bullshit. He's no Mexican.
real classy