Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 02-26-2005, 08:32 AM   #26
Jane13

Both of my parents are being treated with anti-depessants, and almost everyone in my family has some kind of depression/social anxiety disorder/ bipolar thing. I'm glad to know now that there are healthy alternatives to antidepressants, as I think I already have MAJOR signs of social anxiety disorder. I freak out when the phone rings because I'm afraid it will be for me... I don't even know what I'm afraid of... I just get this feeling in my stomache like something horrible is going to happen every time the phone rings. It makes me feel guilty. I told my mom about it once, and she didn't really say anything to help. I would try talking to my dad, but he never goes anywhere, and when he does he makes up songs when he gets frusterated. He has his own "I don't care" song :x Anyway, I think I'll try the plant remedies you listed, D. I really appreciate tem (I am also a vegitarian). Please keep posting, because you've already made a difference. *hug*
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 02:17 PM   #27
ChUnKy_CaRaMeL

Jane,

I can identify with that anxiety problem of yours. I admit that I suffer from social anxiety and it is related through my genes (family history of mental illness) and experience as well (but then most of these conditions are a combination of both).

A few years back before graduating from high school, I went to my doctor requesting something temporary to help me cope with the great anxiety of graduating (as well as starting college in the fall). I forget what the pill were called, but they had me feeling lighter than air with out a care. -.-

I can't say I support being on medical pills to deal with anxiety. They worked well for me, although there was the risk of addiction that I thankfully did not have to suffer; also, the pills just mask certain other problems - may it be diet or coping skills. I dunno, I just don't like the idea that if the bomb dropped and we lived in a post apocalyptic world I would not have my precious pills and thus would have to live with withdrawal syptoms.

I'm coping. Valarium root helps, as well as taking herbal supplements to deal with hormonal fluctuations no thanks to aunt flow. :P Dragon mentioned fish oils and I would like to try those. At least I know these won't give me withdrawal symptoms if the world ended the next day. (my grandma is very much into herbal remedies and has supplied me with books to use at my disposal)

Shame about your parents. I find I can not really communicate with mines about my problems. Usually I have to suck it up and go face the world with a nonchalant attitude. It's a work in progress and it gets better with time. Jane, I think you'll be just fine. It's alright to be freaked by the phone, I hate that beast too.
ChUnKy_CaRaMeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 07:52 AM   #28
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChUnKy_CaRaMeL
It's alright to be freaked by the phone, I hate that beast too.
I have serious phone issues too. I get anxious and jumpy wen I call people, unless they're expecting me to call. I've been meaning to make an appointment ot get a tattoo for a month now, bt haven't doen so because I'd have to call.

I'm a really shy person anyway, so calling a tattoo artist I've only seen a couple times makes me feel like I'm about to fall of a building, or something. Even though I know it'll be over in a second, and the tattoo I get from it will be worth the trouble.

I suppose we all have our little issues and anxieties. We deal with them as best we can, and what works for one will not work for otehrs, and all that much repeated stuff.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 03:47 PM   #29
ChUnKy_CaRaMeL

Calling people is the bane of my existance. Panther, I can relate so much with you about that phone fear. Imagine to my horror, this past summer part of my summer job was to call people! These weren't ordinary people, these were places of business and churches who don't take kindly to time wasters (because I was trying to garner from them were their contact information). Ah, it was ridiculus! A phone-phobe having to have her fear dealt with through a flooding of experience, else she would lose her job and thus have no money mojo.

It has helped me though. What is golden, I find, is writing down what you want to say before contacting the people, and rehearsing that until you know it. Practice saying it out loud and introducing yourself. Ultimately it's breaking the threshold and actually willing yourself to calling people that is the golden moment. Everything after that is confident speaking and a script to help you out. Also, building up the strength not to be afraid to call back if you forget to mention something or want more info. *wink*

Hope that helps Panther.
ChUnKy_CaRaMeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 10:32 AM   #30
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
It did help. I calle dhte place o sunday.

Except they're not bloody open on sundays anymore.

Which was extremely irksome hten, but further proves my life is, indeed, a sitcom.

And I work with phones too, but luckily, I just answer them. In fact, all I ever have to say is 'hold please' like a good like automaton.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 08:13 PM   #31
SweetDarkThea

About the mood swings... Try taking St. John's Wort. It really, really works. I think you need to take it 3xs a day for a couple weeks to notice. Better than icky chemicals! Have you tried to excercise for mood swings? That can really help to regulate one's mood ^_^ ALSO watch what you eat. Consuming a lot of sugar can make you irritable. Meditation helps me... Just focus on balance...
SweetDarkThea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 04:07 AM   #32
illuminatti

mood swings...something i am really familliar with. One moment i am all nice and friendly, the next i am a sarcastic bitch and the moment after that I am ready bite your head off. This doesn't bug me AT ALL. It's not really my problem, but the problem of those unfortunate people that didn't have time to get used to me. And everyone knows that it's better not to mess with me.
Yeah, i get freaked out too sometimes. Just a few weeks ago i punched some asshole that was getting on my nerves. He got a pretty bad nosebleed and that was all, but I was just standing there, like "what juts happened?".
Mood swings are, in a way, a good thing. They give u some power over the others, if u wanna put it that way.
illuminatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 01:09 PM   #33
drgnlvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatti
mood swings...something i am really familliar with. One moment i am all nice and friendly, the next i am a sarcastic bitch and the moment after that I am ready bite your head off. This doesn't bug me AT ALL. It's not really my problem, but the problem of those unfortunate people that didn't have time to get used to me. And everyone knows that it's better not to mess with me.
Yeah, i get freaked out too sometimes. Just a few weeks ago i punched some asshole that was getting on my nerves. He got a pretty bad nosebleed and that was all, but I was just standing there, like "what juts happened?".
Mood swings are, in a way, a good thing. They give u some power over the others, if u wanna put it that way.
Bullshit.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:27 PM   #34
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgnlvr
Quote:
Just a few weeks ago i punched some asshole that was getting on my nerves. He got a pretty bad nosebleed and that was all, but I was just standing there, like

"what juts happened?".

Bullshit.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10.../bullshit2.jpg
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 02:05 PM   #35
AlKilyu

http://tinypic.com/28jg47
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 06:15 PM   #36
Solumina

I don't know what but something about that kid is really creepy
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 10:39 PM   #37
drgnlvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
Quote:
Quote:
Just a few weeks ago i punched some asshole that was getting on my nerves. He got a pretty bad nosebleed and that was all, but I was just standing there, like

"what juts happened?".

Bullshit.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10.../bullshit2.jpg

I wasn't saying that moodswings are bullshit. The fact that he doesn't think it's his problem, and that it's okay to behave in an uncivillized manner is bullshit.

Quote:
This doesn't bug me AT ALL. It's not really my problem, but the problem of those unfortunate people that didn't have time to get used to me.
THAT is bullshit.

I'm bi-polar, too. I have severe moodswings. And I have said, and done things because of those moodswings that I later regretted. But I never, -EVER- blamed it on anyone but myself. It -IS- my problem. I own it, and I have to take responsibility for it. Period.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:46 PM   #38
Empty_Purple_Stars

My point exactly. I was in total agreement. It is bullshit to say you have power over someone, and use irrational behavior to intimidate instead of taking responsibility.

Been on the receiving end of that in a very negative way and I think that excuse is a HUGE pile of crap.

But I just went with ' Yes that is bullshit "

Ha..

Yeah I'm lazy I know..

:roll:
Old 03-15-2005, 10:56 PM   #39
drgnlvr

Quote:
My point exactly. I was in total agreement. It is bullshit to say you have power over someone, and use irrational behavior to intimidate instead of taking responsibility.

Been on the receiving end of that in a very negative way and I think that excuse is a HUGE pile of crap.

Ha..

Yeah I'm lazy I know..

Okay, and I just got home from work, so I'm therefore drainbammaged as it is.

:oops:
Old 03-15-2005, 11:07 PM   #40
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Quote:

Ha..

Yeah I'm lazy I know..

Okay, and I just got home from work, so I'm therefore drainbammaged as it is.

:oops:
It's all good cutie. I stay bereft of rational productive cognitive ability about 99.9% of the time..

It's an artform..

Wheeeeeeeee...

:shock:
Old 03-15-2005, 11:16 PM   #41
drgnlvr

Quote:

It's all good cutie. I stay bereft of rational productive cognitive ability about 99.9% of the time..

It's an artform..

Wheeeeeeeee...

OOoooh! I'm impressed! I can only do it about 87% of the time. The rest? Real life interferes!

*dammit*
Old 03-16-2005, 01:08 AM   #42
pitseleh

Quote:
Quote:

It's an artform..

Wheeeeeeeee...

OOoooh! I'm impressed! I can only do it about 87% of the time. The rest? Real life interferes!

*dammit*
Hehee... You GO girls!

I'm probably around the 90% mark myself. I should really have a 'please do not disturb' - sign around my neck most of the time. That reality interference is a bitch!

But seriously, about the mood swings? Illuminatti, once again you're talking out of your ass... You have such poor impulse control that you randomly punch people in the face, and then you just blame it on your mood swings? Like that's an airtight excuse for any number of stupid, inconsiderate things? And you're saying that sort of behaviour doesn't bother you "AT ALL", and it's somehow NOT YOUR PROBLEM, but "the problem of those unfortunate people that didn't have time to get used to me"? That sounds to me like the talk of someone with serious empathic deficiencies, maybe even psychopathic tendencies. And no, that is not a badge of honour, in case you thought so. You should get help.
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 01:35 AM   #43
drgnlvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh
But seriously, about the mood swings? Illuminatti, once again you're talking out of your ass... You have such poor impulse control that you randomly punch people in the face, and then you just blame it on your mood swings? Like that's an airtight excuse for any number of stupid, inconsiderate things? And you're saying that sort of behaviour doesn't bother you "AT ALL", and it's somehow NOT YOUR PROBLEM, but "the problem of those unfortunate people that didn't have time to get used to me"? That sounds to me like the talk of someone with serious empathic deficiencies, maybe even psychopathic tendencies. And no, that is not a badge of honour, in case you thought so. You should get help.
I would say sociopathic, but yes, you're right. This person needs serious help with impulse control, and a few lessons in "personal responsibility".
Old 03-16-2005, 10:51 AM   #44
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
I don't know what but something about that kid is really creepy
Maybe it's those friggin Nosferatu teeth! And thanks for the phone ideas, Caramel
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 06:26 PM   #45
Jack5

well i havent been here for a long time, thanks for the advice, im scared of pills, im feeling better now, i was at a very weird time in my life.
Jack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 11:14 PM   #46
creepylittleshit

I have been on zoloft, depakot, nerotin, tegretol, haldol, lithium, and thorazine ( just to mention a few ) and none of them have helped me without making me feel as though I've had a full frontal lobotomy.

I suffered from mood swings and panic attacks and it all started when i was about 7 yrs. old. The only thing that has ever helped out of all the things I've tried were homeopathic happy pills. They seem to even things out real well. They're called "blues drops" and alot of health food stores sell them. They only cost about five bucks for a month supply.

Good luck!
creepylittleshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:15 PM   #47
creepylittleshit

Just out of curiosity, what the fuck are you talking about?
I explained my situation because it always made me feel better when I knew I wasn't alone.

Plus I wasn't bragging. I just don't have too much to hide. I listed the drugs I was on because I want this person to know that many of them do not help without fucking you up.

Excuse me for not throwing a pity party!!!
creepylittleshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:18 PM   #48
Solumina

Don’t worry about it she’s just sex deprived
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:24 PM   #49
creepylittleshit

Ok I won't.

One thing I forgot was the link to the homeopathic meds here it is:

http://www.thewhitewhale.com/hrblues.htm