Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 08-22-2008, 05:46 AM   #1
Samyra

Scariest Event In Your Life?

got any interesting stories guys ?
Samyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:51 AM   #2
3lackrose

Mmm... let's see... do you know what is parkour? I used to be some kind of traceur.. well, sometimes I risked to fall from trees or high places.. or.. dunno, I forgot lot of my scary events.
3lackrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:19 AM   #3
$haDe

The moment I asked my boyfriend to be my boyfriend

He took a minute to answer and that minute I felt longer than a century... A really creep century
Old 08-22-2008, 07:38 AM   #4
silentandthebrave

i almost fell off a cliff once it was one of those saved your life things only he forgot to catch me
silentandthebrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:46 AM   #5
Geoluhread

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentandthebrave
i almost fell off a cliff once it was one of those saved your life things only he forgot to catch me
Reading the newbie sticky would be great
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 09:54 AM   #6
Metabolik

The jellyfish...
*shudder*
Old 08-22-2008, 06:50 PM   #7
disorder

When I was little I used to go to the beach a lot. One time I was boogie boarding, and I got dumped massively. I was bouncing around underwater for what felt like forever. I was totally convinced I was going to die.
But looking back now, I reckon it would have been a stretch for me to have been under for any more that 20 seconds

Also, one time, I almost trod on a tiger snake. I almost vomited from the shock. I jumped like a metre in the air I swear.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:53 PM   #8
Deadmanwalking_05

Waking up in the hospital and realizing that I couldn't talk.

For awhile I didn't know what was going on.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:58 PM   #9
MitsyMayhem

Hmm. Thinking my life was over.
My mom had the idea of lying to get me put in Juvie.
We've been having problems and she's the vindictive sort.
I figured we could work it all out in counseling, something they do as a Juvie Court alternative.
Turns out, she was set on not compromising, no matter how much my dad and I spoke logically.
Finally the man said "There have been many crimes committed and I think this is bigger than juvenile court.."
He was basically saying, we're moving to a higher court and I knew I was screwed.
I didn't cry, I just sort of accepted I was screwed. I was seriously going to walk in there and just say "Put me in Juvie already" That was my entire plan. And then my dad was so stressed.
He even blamed himself, thinking that if he hadn't been there we would have been able to compromise.
Then, later, she called and dropped the charges.
And now we are no longer in contact.
MitsyMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:20 PM   #10
Jaye Jang

Okay, for me, my dad was overseas (as usual) and we had moved off post into this really cool apartment in Bisbee, Az. (It was built into a cave, so I would 'escape' housework by hiding in the cave with a flashlight and reading). One night, I woke up with a pillow over my face and could not get it off. My mom finally came in and pulled it off my face. She said she saw someone in my room in a black cloak and hood. We did some research into the place, and found out it had originally been a Spanish mission, and that my room was where the caskets were kept before burial. It later was taken over by a coven of satanists, who wore black cloaks and hoods.

PS Mitsy, consider yourself unoficially 'adopted', although we're kind of strange. (Read the post in GM's "My Mother Is Hilarious" -- but then, again, maybe not. We ARE pretty strange). If that's okay with you, then welcome to the family.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:39 AM   #11
Saya

When I was moving out of my old apartment mum was helping me pack, and when she took out the top drawer of my bureau, there was this pregnancy test I had quite forgotten about. Seeing a heart attack coming on, I thought fast on my feet and created an elaborate story on how it was, in fact, not mine. (And now for the punch line) thank god she didn't find the drawer with the condoms and the lube. I was scared shitless that I was going to be disowned or orphaned that day.

The only time I felt real absolute terror was a few years ago when I had a really bad episode of the old hag syndrome, and its the only time I actually saw a hag. She was at the foot of my bed and slowly crawling up towards me, I wanted to scream so bad but I couldn't, couldn't move or anything. And she moved sooooo slow, it felt like I was there for an eternity. Don't remember how I snapped out of it, I remember bolting out of bed as soon as I did.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:48 AM   #12
Solumina

Old hag syndrome? Creepy

Scariest moment of my life was when I woke up very suddenly and I just knew that something was very, very wrong. I was immediately awake and aware but everything else seemed to take a minute to catch up to me, like my world had stopped existing for a moment. I was so scared that I was shaking, not because of everything being weird but I simply had this knowledge that something terrible had happened. I woke Jake up and over the course of about half an hour he calmed me down enough that I was eventually able to get back to sleep. Later that morning I got a call from my mom and found out that I had woken up the moment that my father had died.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:50 AM   #13
3lackrose

Mmm... let's see.. I risked two times to lose my right foot.. or my fingers (of the hands)..

When I'll recall something else I'll post it.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:57 AM   #14
Nocturne Midnight

Location: The center of the city where all roads meet, waiting for you.
I'd have to say waking up in a cornfield with no memory of the past two days and a massive concussion. I still don't know what happened. Frankly, i'd rather not know.
Nocturne Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:59 AM   #15
3lackrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
Old hag syndrome? Creepy

Scariest moment of my life was when I woke up very suddenly and I just knew that something was very, very wrong. I was immediately awake and aware but everything else seemed to take a minute to catch up to me, like my world had stopped existing for a moment. I was so scared that I was shaking, not because of everything being weird but I simply had this knowledge that something terrible had happened. I woke Jake up and over the course of about half an hour he calmed me down enough that I was eventually able to get back to sleep. Later that morning I got a call from my mom and found out that I had woken up the moment that my father had died.
Sometimes it happens to me, I feel there is something strange going on and later I discover that something bad happened elsewhere to someone I know. However my nature is realist, so I only think they are coincidences. :/
Old 08-24-2008, 01:09 AM   #16
Solumina

You mean like a bad feeling in the pit of your stomach? I get those too, more often than not it is just because I'm nervous about something and it goes away quickly. That, however, isn't what my previous post was about, that time was completely different from anything else that I have ever felt, every fiber of my being was consumed with pain, sadness, and terror all at the same time. If you had felt that then you wouldn't be able to think of it as a coincidence, no matter how much of a realist you are.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-24-2008, 03:21 AM   #17
Kristin

We lived in a haunted house when I was 10. We saw some horribly scary things there. Whatever it was, it wasn't friendly. I've always said the Ghost Hunters would have a blast at that house. I've also had "old hag" syndrome that Saya described, on several different occasions throughout my life. It always feels like someone is sitting on you, and you can't move or cry out for help although you're wide awake. You also have this terrifying feeling that something is coming for you. It's also called Sleep Paralysis. Saya's experience sounds much worse than anything of mine, though. *shudders*

The really bad one though, because we could have been hurt or worse, was when I was 11, and my sister 9. We lived in an 80-year-old house with our 6yo brother and our mom. Our rooms were upstairs and mom's was on the ground floor. One night, our brother was spending the night at our grandparents' house. My sister and I had just gone to bed (we shared a room) when she thought she heard a door slam on our floor. I told her it was probably the neighbor's screen door and to go to sleep. A few seconds later, a strangled cough came from the bathroom across the hall from our bedroom door.

Our little dog Peaches would normally bark at anything, but this time she just sat straight up, listening and staring out our doorway into the hall, but didn't make a sound. We realized someone was in the dark house with us, alone upstairs. We decided to sneak downstairs, but had to pass the bathroom door in order to get there.

I'm prone to dumb and reckless things without thinking. On the way, I almost flipped the bathroom light to take a peek, but had an overwhelming feeling to just get downstairs as fast as possible. Peaches was the first one on the stairs, and we winced when we heard the racket her claws made on the bare wood staircase.

It was an enclosed spiral staircase, with a door at the bottom. The light was burnt out so we had to go down in the dark, and I can't tell you how scary it was, not knowing if the intruder had already gotten into the staircase and we were heading toward him in the pitch black.

We made it to our mom's room without incident, and frantically told her that someone had come in through the bathroom window. She didn't believe us and went to the staircase door to check it out. When she got to the door, something told her to just close it, and lock it right away. She still says that she felt she couldn't lock it fast enough.

The police came over but he was gone by then. A few weeks later while we were cleaning, my brother found a cigarette butt in the toilet, which meant he had been back.

He had broken in several times while we lived there, but my mom had always thought it was a vivid dream. She would wake up and see him standing over her, but there was a smell of something acrid in the air that would make her dizzy and groggy. One time she thought she woke up right after he was putting a cloth soaked with something bad-smelling over her nose, like he was trying to drug her.

This last time happened right before my brother found the evidence in the toilet, and then my mom had me open and close the bathroom window. It made the same noise my sister and I had heard the night he broke in while we were awake.

We moved out immediately. A few days later, my mom went over with my uncles to clean out our stuff, and the doors to the house were busted in, but nothing was taken. She figured he realized we had "gotten away," and was angry.

The police never had anything to go on in our case, but a few years later someone was arrested on the same street, for r.ape and attempted murder. He was our old next-door neighbor's adult son.
Kristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 03:25 AM   #18
NightmareInShiningArmour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturne Midnight
I'd have to say waking up in a cornfield with no memory of the past two days and a massive concussion. I still don't know what happened. Frankly, I'd rather not know.
Ummm... Rave in a Cornfield?
NightmareInShiningArmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:09 AM   #19
Apathy's_Child

One time, my TV froze when reruns of Friends were being shown. I couldn't change the channel or turn it off. Easily the scariest five minutes of my life, sat there knowing that this was only the first of four episodes - it was horrible.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:12 PM   #20
Nocturne Midnight

Location: The center of the city where all roads meet, waiting for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareInShiningArmour
Ummm... Rave in a Cornfield?
Nope. At home alone, going for a walk. Wake up in a cornfield three kilometers down two days later.
Nocturne Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:13 PM   #21
Solumina

that is rather strange and terrifying
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-24-2008, 09:35 PM   #22
Splintered

Being in Boot Camp against my will.

It's scary when you realize that they can do anything they want to do you, and you have absolutely no means to defend yourself, because even if you walked out alive, you'd still go to jail. They could **** you, torture you, even go so far as to nearly drown you, and you'd have absolutely no evidence that you had been in anything but a day at the park.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:54 AM   #23
Strīcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splintered
Being in Boot Camp against my will.

It's scary when you realize that they can do anything they want to do you, and you have absolutely no means to defend yourself, because even if you walked out alive, you'd still go to jail. They could **** you, torture you, even go so far as to nearly drown you, and you'd have absolutely no evidence that you had been in anything but a day at the park.
What Boot Camp is that (if you don't mind me asking, of course), and do they really run without any supervision from the law enforcement?
Strīcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:12 PM   #24
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaye Jang
Okay, for me, my dad was overseas (as usual) and we had moved off post into this really cool apartment in Bisbee, Az. (It was built into a cave, so I would 'escape' housework by hiding in the cave with a flashlight and reading). One night, I woke up with a pillow over my face and could not get it off. My mom finally came in and pulled it off my face. She said she saw someone in my room in a black cloak and hood. We did some research into the place, and found out it had originally been a Spanish mission, and that my room was where the caskets were kept before burial. It later was taken over by a coven of satanists, who wore black cloaks and hoods.

PS Mitsy, consider yourself unoficially 'adopted', although we're kind of strange. (Read the post in GM's "My Mother Is Hilarious" -- but then, again, maybe not. We ARE pretty strange). If that's okay with you, then welcome to the family.

Haha, good thing I like strange.
And thank you, I don't know you well Jaye, but it does mean a lot to hear a person say that. Just the fact that a stranger would 'adopt' me is sweet.
But you don't have to remain a stranger forever you know. =]
MitsyMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 04:50 AM   #25
$haDe

First time saw the Barney show is considered to be my scariest moment of my life

It is haunting me now,while i'm posting this!!!

Beware! behind u is Barney,the stupidly fat-looking lizard