Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-04-2010, 07:26 AM   #1
korinna5555

Why I hate Elmo people

I hate Elmo people at the moment. Not because they're Elmo, but because most people I know confuse Elmo with Grover without understanding either subculture. I don't dress Elmo, I don't listen to Elmo music (much... I have one Sesame Street CD), I don't whine about being red or fuzzy. Actually, I don't hate Elmos so much as my friends are ignorant jerks. Now I am sad... Sorry if I offended anyone with the thread title.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:13 PM   #2
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I know, my grandson's generation is totally into Elmo, but I don't see any significant social contribution by this sub-culture. The huge eyes, together with the muppet appearance gives rise to:

Manga (eyes) + Muppets = Maggots

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:33 PM   #3
Anarasha

Why wouldn't you hate Elmo people?
Elmo is fucking scary.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:49 PM   #4
Angelic Dissonance

Didn't you know? Elmo is black. You hate black people, you Cambodians.
http://www.topnews.in/files/images/K...and%20Elmo.jpg
Angelic Dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:14 AM   #5
Razeal18

he's not black he's gangsta,
subtle difference

http://media.photobucket.com/image/g...o/elmo.jpg?o=2

Last edited by Razeal18; 07-05-2010 at 02:18 AM. Reason: lack of html
Razeal18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:52 AM   #6
Ben Lahnger

I always liked Grover, including the fact that his name sounded totally made up. And Grover exhibited some critical thinking from time to time. Elmo likes everything.

Elmo is lame. And that's before you get that insipid "Elmo's World" earworm song stuck in your head! But I'm probably not the most unbiased judge.

I went over to a couples house for dinner recently, supposedly for dinner and a movie. But much of the evening was spent between the twin fascinating pursuits of trying to get a 6-month-old to want to go to bed and having two grown adults trying to show me the magic of Nick Jr. shows like Wow Wow Wubbzy, The Backyardigans (watched a whole episode) and Wonder Pets (watched a whole episode and I predicted 5 minutes in that the Wonder Pets would save the day by putting wheels on the overweight frog so he could be rolled to the pond, which they did - why the fuck did this take 30 minutes?)

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

And the movie (The Hangover) was watched with the volume down so as to not wake the baby and with several interruptions for baby monitor scares, so as much as I thought the movie was funny it would have been a lot better watching it at my place.

I'm sure they invite people over because they long for adult interaction, but then their lives are so kid-centric right now that it drives other adults crazy. I'm not going over there for a while.

I have no kids and I hate Elmo and Barney and Teletubbies and all that pre-school Nikelodeon stuff. But I still think Grover is cool.

So, after that rant, I think I should say I got the parody nature of this thread and think people spending a lot of time forming opinions of Elmo people or Grover people need to get a life.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:14 PM   #7
korinna5555

Fucking Elmo kid:
http://i.ehow.com/images/a04/sh/c1/m....4-120X120.jpg