Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:39 AM   #1
Anguelon

Opening my own goth shop

I'm quitting my job at the end of this month. I'm opening my own goth shop. The catch here is that I'm not quite aware of many wholesale dealers from the States or anywhere else. I have a few suppliers but still would like to be in contact with more. I live in Beirut, Lebanon. So any of you know anybody in the States or the Far East who can supply me? I've searched some sites but still no luck. Your input and help will be much appreciated.

Last edited by Anguelon; 08-08-2008 at 04:41 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes
Anguelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:04 AM   #2
Wingweaver_The_Vampire

You live in beirut?!!! Me toooooo... nice to meet you! plz plz plz tell me when you open your shop because i have hard time finding goth shops in lebanon (if there is any..) i'm sure it would bring A LOT of customers.
Wingweaver_The_Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:07 AM   #3
Anguelon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingweaver_The_Vampire
You live in beirut?!!! Me toooooo... nice to meet you! plz plz plz tell me when you open your shop because i have hard time finding goth shops!
Hey, nice to know there's another Lebanese on this forum...anyways know any wholesale dealers here? I'm starting out small and by the way, the shop will open in Sarba. The apparel and accessories are more vintage and most probably one of a kind. If you know any wholesale dealers in Lebanon, please let me know. Anyways, nice to know you my friend.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:10 AM   #4
Wingweaver_The_Vampire

Sorry, i dunno any... but i'm happy it's gonna open near us.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:12 AM   #5
Anguelon

aha great, you're my neighbor then.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:34 AM   #6
Cicero

Demonia boots do wholesale, and I'm sure the big 'alternative' brands like Lip Service and Tripp would do it too. Google will probably help you out more than I can though.

Also if you want to sell gothic band pins... links can be found in my signature

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:15 AM   #7
Anguelon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
Demonia boots do wholesale, and I'm sure the big 'alternative' brands like Lip Service and Tripp would do it too. Google will probably help you out more than I can though.

Also if you want to sell gothic band pins... links can be found in my signature
Thank you Cicero, you helped me more than Google did
Old 08-08-2008, 07:18 AM   #8
Noirette

I can't help, probably, but I wish you good luck with this.
Noirette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 07:47 AM   #9
Underwater Ophelia

I really think it's a bad idea to quit your job BEFORE you get things rolling with this store thing.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:28 PM   #10
Anguelon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
I really think it's a bad idea to quit your job BEFORE you get things rolling with this store thing.
My dear Ophelia, thank you for your concern. I gave in my resignation since June. I have been monitoring the market for a year. I am a marketing coordinator, I write corporate identities and so on. I am a business administration student and I am a certified accountant.

So my current day job isn't my only job. I have a good capital and my family owns the shop. I have no rent to pay. On the other hand, I teach phonetics and English in the evening and have half of my money in investments. Now, do I look like the kind of person who would just drop everything over night? I have a business partner as well who happens to be my grandmother and she's a professional tailor; I , as well know how to sew in case I need to customize anything. Mmmm...so I'm not just dropping my job but it would've been nice to wish me luck. But thanks for your input anyways, I really do appreciate it.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:10 AM   #11
constanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguelon
My dear Ophelia, thank you for your concern. I gave in my resignation since June. I have been monitoring the market for a year. I am a marketing coordinator, I write corporate identities and so on. I am a business administration student and I am a certified accountant.

So my current day job isn't my only job. I have a good capital and my family owns the shop. I have no rent to pay. On the other hand, I teach phonetics and English in the evening and have half of my money in investments. Now, do I look like the kind of person who would just drop everything over night? I have a business partner as well who happens to be my grandmother and she's a professional tailor; I , as well know how to sew in case I need to customize anything. Mmmm...so I'm not just dropping my job but it would've been nice to wish me luck. But thanks for your input anyways, I really do appreciate it.
wow,if the shop is anyway near as awsome as you then its going to be bigger than beezlebub

the only problom with it is that its so far away from me i dont suppose you have any plans to put up a mail order service?

apologies for my rambling,good luck.
constanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 05:06 AM   #12
Anguelon

Thanx my friend. I'm starting out small and hope to expand soon. Any feedback will be helpful.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:29 AM   #13
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:

You're right.
I mean, what kind of idiot am I to have an opinion that isn't based on information you didnt' give me?

I mean, really, I should have done a background check on you before saying anything.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:56 AM   #14
ApothoKeri

I don't know anything about business or wholesale suppliers but just wanted to stop in and say good luck. Hope everything goes great for you.
ApothoKeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:11 PM   #15
Joker_in_the_Pack

Good luck. I'm actually thinking of making 'punk' clothes and accessories and selling them. I'm going to start with a store on ebay, then maybe move on to my own website.
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:16 PM   #16
Bat Brains

Just don't go too overboard with the prices. Nothing worse than seeing a cool pair of pants for $130 when you've got better ones that were 10 pounds. Or a pair of boots for $300 when you got better ones for less than half the price.
Bat Brains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:31 PM   #17
Wingweaver_The_Vampire

Yes, Bat Brains is right. Don't do like the other shops in lebanon So... When are you gonna open the shop?
Old 08-16-2008, 01:01 AM   #18
KontanKarite

You know, I would cater to DIY and music, mainly. I mean, if you want a goth shop, you'd sell goth music I suppose.

As for wholesale clothing... Lip Service, Heavy Red, Tripp, Monster Balls... those are pretty much American.

I would def have a more DIY oriented side where you can get spikes, studs, patch materials, PLAIN TEE SHIRTS long and short sleeved, fabric paints...

And also a tailoring operation by appointments.

Fuck... I can throw ideas at you all day, really. But I'm sure you've got that under control.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:24 AM   #19
Anti-Mindvirus

Quote:
I'm quitting my job at the end of this month. I'm opening my own goth shop. The catch here is that I'm not quite aware of many wholesale dealers from the States or anywhere else. I have a few suppliers but still would like to be in contact with more. I live in Beirut, Lebanon. So any of you know anybody in the States or the Far East who can supply me? I've searched some sites but still no luck. Your input and help will be much appreciated.
You can order wholesale from Lip Service when new lines come out. And if you keep the new lines for say, three months, then sell them, you will make a lot more money. Once a line gets popular, it become very hard to find, and people pay crazy prices for some stuff.

you can look here : http://www.lip-service.com/
Some of the new lines : http://www.lip-service.com/CatPreview.php
Anti-Mindvirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:53 PM   #20
Noirette

I saw some clothes by "Queen of Darkness" here.
I can check the brands that are sold in some shops here, if it interests you.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:26 PM   #21
Anguelon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
You're right.
I mean, what kind of idiot am I to have an opinion that isn't based on information you didnt' give me?

I mean, really, I should have done a background check on you before saying anything.
Well, dear Ophelia if you're so quick to judge why don't you ask first and if you don't give a damn to ask (which I'm quite sure) then a simple good luck would be nice. Not every single homosapien you come across is an idiot. There are ways to give criticism but your way is plain unfair. Your sarcasm isn't appreciated actually. I'm trying to be polite but it seems you prefer to be hostile. I do not appreciate this. Stop attacking every single thing I say. I don't hate you and I do respect your opinion. If you cannot be decent with your opinion in such matters, then don't give it. Feel free to shoot back with your hostile sarcasm any time you want because that's what you're best at.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:31 PM   #22
Anguelon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingweaver_The_Vampire
Yes, Bat Brains is right. Don't do like the other shops in lebanon So... When are you gonna open the shop?
I'm still working on decor actually and this is my last week at work. So, as of the end of this week I'll be able to concentrate more. I'm not gonna shoot high with prices because that's not my target. I've been studying this for a couple of months. You'll be surprised Wingweaver. Believe me, you're gonna find a lot of vintage items which I'll be bringing over from Germany. On the other hand, the shop is gonna have somewhat an old look to it. I just want to thank everyone for their feedback and info. This means so much to me.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:32 PM   #23
Anguelon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noirette
I saw some clothes by "Queen of Darkness" here.
I can check the brands that are sold in some shops here, if it interests you.
Yes, I would be very interested. Though shippingfrom Israel is a big no-no.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:57 PM   #24
Noirette

Well, I just thought that since Israel and Lebanon are close, if they ship to Israel than those brands ship to Labanon too.
I'll probably check the shops here tomorrow.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:33 AM   #25
Anguelon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noirette
Well, I just thought that since Israel and Lebanon are close, if they ship to Israel than those brands ship to Labanon too.
I'll probably check the shops here tomorrow.
That's true but we have alot of forbidden products here in Lebanon and are sold in a black market-like environment. As for the same brand names, well, I can't say anything about that because I honestly don't know. It's actually forbidden to ship anything from Israel thanks to the muslim militia.