Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 01-04-2011, 08:00 AM   #1
Underwater Ophelia

Hey yo.

If anyone knows anything about law, particularly law regarding harassment, PM me.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:07 AM   #2
KontanKarite

I think harassment's pretty easy to identify. Why not get a restraining order? It's like the block feature of meatspace.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:28 AM   #3
Saya

I think it depends on state law. In some places, they won't let you have a restraining order unless the harasser makes threats.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:18 AM   #4
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
If anyone knows anything about law, particularly law regarding harassment, PM me.
Assault is any unwelcome attention; including, leering. So if someone is creeping you out, might be a good idea to call the police to start some paperwork. Other than that, they need physical evidence or reason for why someone is harassing you. This means taking a picture when they are on your property, following you or whatever, but do not go after them. It will look like you are paranoid or stalking them.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
Despanan

Pennsilvania State Harassment Laws
Quote:
The 18 PA.C.S Statute 2709.1 defines the crime of stalking as followed:

"A person commits a crime of stalking when the person either:

* Engages in a course of conduct or repeatedly commits act towards another person including following the person without proper authority, under circumstances which demonstrates an intend to place such other person in reasonable fear of bodily injury or to cause substantial emotional distress to such other person;
* Engages in a course of conduct repeatedly or communicates to another person under circumstances which demonstrate or communicate either an intent to place such other person in reasonable fear of bodily injury or to cause substantial emotional distress to such other person."

Harassment, conversely, is defined according to Statute 2709 as followed:

"A person commits a crime of harassment when, with intend to harass, annoy or alarm another, the person:

1. Strikes, shoves, kicks or otherwise subjects the other person to physical contact, or threatens to do the same
2. Follows the other person in or about a public place or places
3. Engages in a course of conduct or repeatedly commits acts for serving illegitimate purpose
4. Communicates to or about such other person using threatening or obscene words, language, drawings or caricatures
5. Communicates repeatedly in an anonymous manner
6. Communicates repeatedly in an extremely inconvenient hours
7. Communicates repeatedly in a manner other than specified in paragraphs four, five and six."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote