Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-08-2006, 12:04 PM   #1
Reject_Bunnies

(God Hates)Fred Phelps

I'm sure that by now everyone has heard of Fred Phelps,the man who's head of the Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) of Topeka, Kansas. Phelps,along with his faithful followers also operate the notorious website:GodHatesFags.com

Quoted from the sites' introduction:"We adhere to the teachings of the Bible, preach against all form of sin (e.g., fornication, adultery, sodomy), and insist that the doctrines of grace be taught publicly to all men".

Now,I'm not going to go and denie Phelps of his constitutional rights of free speech,or his choice to preach against Homosexuals,but what my problem with him and his so-called "Church" is what they have resorted to doing. Whether you agree with the Gay lifestyle or not,Phelps and his congregation have taken it upon themselves to do such things as:"Engage in daily peaceful sidewalk demonstrations opposing the homosexual lifestyle of soul-damning, nation-destroying filth". They can be found at homosexual parades and other events,and most recently protesting at funerals of dead soldiers. And now it seems that God hates Sweden also,along with America and the Space Shuttle Columbia.

There seems to be no end in sight to what this man can attribute:"Gods Wrath" to. Including September 11th.Yes,you heard me correctly...Phelps has it in his head that not only does God basically hate the entire world,he made the 9/11 attacks happen to "Punish America" for loving Homosexuals. And if this wasn't enough to get your blood boiling,remember Hurricane Katrina? Yep,God made that happen also.

Sure,everyone has a right to believe in what they want to, but no one should interfere with something this personal. When your exercising of rights interferes with my freedom to cherish the memory of someone who died in battle for this country,or volunteer to help those affected by a natural disaster;that's stepping out of line and is not only wrong..but is imposing your beliefs and opinions onto me.

"Freedom of Speech" does not guarantee everyone the right to be an asshole,or to use intimidation to scare people into believing what someone else wants.

I think the best explanation of what Phelps is doing was made by 'Wise Child':"Using God like an older sibling in pre-school - ..."And if you don't like it, he'll come beat you up".(This) belies a need to threaten others into joining them that suggests their point of view isn't up to much".

Phelps might think that God is on his side in hating "Fags",but the last time I checked God loves everyone-something Phelps doesn't want to admit.God might be on his side,but I beg to differ.
Reject_Bunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:15 PM   #2
Disfunction

http://www.godhatescanada.com/

God hates Canada, too.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:22 PM   #3
maggot

www.godhatesshrimp.com

And shrimp.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:53 PM   #4
Saya

They'll get reincarnated and realize they've been barking up the wrong tree ^_^

God hates Canada? They need to update that thing, gay marriage is now legal in Canada and is in our Charter of Rights, so God must hate us extra now.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:00 PM   #5
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
They'll get reincarnated and realize they've been barking up the wrong tree ^_^

God hates Canada? They need to update that thing, gay marriage is now legal in Canada and is in our Charter of Rights, so God must hate us extra now.
Can't be upset with Canada; we've got Harper in power.

Old 03-08-2006, 01:04 PM   #6
Wise Child

If I believed in a God, he'd hate Phelps. That's the beauty of God - he apparently hates everything the individual believing in him does, especially if the individual's a self-righteous prick. Unless you're a liberal Christian. But apparently, their tolerance of fags will keep them out of Heaven anyway. Hmm. Guess God was punishing them too. Yeah, killing thousands of innocents who may or may not have even BEEN gay. That'll learn 'em.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:09 PM   #7
pheramoans

I think that all of these various 'godhates'.com websites are run by egotistical morons who have a God complex and think that just because they hate a certain thing because of their faith, the God that they believe in must also hate it.
pheramoans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:11 PM   #8
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfunction
Can't be upset with Canada; we've got Harper in power.
Yeah, but Harper is small potatoes next to these guys, and probably won't be in office for very long ^_^. That and he'll never get rid of same-sex marriage, the senate is still mostly Liberal.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 06:47 PM   #9
pheramoans

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
I disagree. I think a great deal of them HAVE to be satire, right? Only they went too far and you can't detect the sarcasm?

Misinterpretation of sarcasm is my only hope for our future.

Sad, right?
Honestly, I hope you're right. Otherwise the future is looking very bleak..
pheramoans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 07:50 PM   #10
Disfunction

Idiots tend to get the most notice when they speak the loudest.

Old 03-09-2006, 10:53 AM   #11
WolfMoon

So we spread poison of dragons and asp venom?

Wow.

I gots me some spewin' to do folks.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote