Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:04 PM   #1
nenphis

sup guys? newbie arrived^^

First of all HI *waving like a desperate zombie*nice to be here!! ano now a little info: my name's is Andreea (yeah in my country it's with double "e" so the answer is no, I'm not a dumbass monkey) and I'm 17, still in high-school, junior. Now since my brain is dead at this hour it's easier for a lazyass like me to answer the 14 questions rather than think of something, so here goes.
1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

I don't have a job since I still depend financialy by my parents (stupid, I know) but even if I'd consider getting one now, I wouldn't have the time hobbies, hm...I love to write, draw, skate, jump and people and annoy them to death

2. Where are you from?
Bucharest, the capital of Romania (=far away land)

3. Who is your favorite author?

I have a few which I really like: Michel Zevaco, Paul Feval and from my place Mihail Drumes, but I have read a few Shakespeare plays and Edgar A. Poe novels which I really liked.

4. What are your favorite films?

Final destination 3(first one I saw so it got printed best in my mind), Ice Age(1,2), S.W.A.T., The ring 2, Titanic and the last comedy I saw these days Good luck Chuck (I found it pervertly funny)

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

hm, tough question...Killing loneliness by HIM maybe?

6. At your funeral?

Meant to live by Switchfoot I think, or Wind of change Scorpions (no idea why, honestly)

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

after finishing a good fuck (what? I wanna die with a big smile on my face)

8. What kind of casket would you want?

Do I really need one? Born from earth, die in it, too, that casket won't keep me in better shape anyway

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

dark jeans, big t-shirt, boots

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

the chocolate bar with banana cream I used to steal, and the fact that I could shut myself inside very easily when yelling and fighting would occur in my presence

11. What's your favorite band?

I have so many, really if I start, I could never end, but my problem is that being so far and goth not having such a strong influence here, I listen to a lot of comercial music

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

I think I told ya, high-school junior, major I have no idea, I'm as confused and dizzy as I was when I was born

13. Why did you join?

Well u folks here seem pretty funny and that I like that u are very open and talk about mostly everything. And I love everything that stands behind the idea of goth.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

I am from Venus. We don't have genger. Oh, yeah, we have : FEMALE

well, hope I gave u a clue about me, cheers ^^
nenphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 03:57 PM   #2
fiends

Well hey, nice to meet you.
Romania is kinda far, but that's cool! Welcome-welcome.

Just a thing-- You may want to work on the whole grammar and punctuation thing before you get really into it. Apparently it's kind of a thing, here. Anyways, hopefully we'll get to be buds and all. Enjoy the site!
fiends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 05:02 PM   #3
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Welcome. You are close enough to Transylvania to visit the actual Vlad the Impaler Castle. Have you ever walked it's grounds, which are bleeding with history?
O_o

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 05:02 AM   #4
nenphis

to fiends:
*embarassed* sorry 4 that, can I use as an excuse the very late hour?...guess not anyway I'll take better care of grammar and stuff, tx 4 showing me

to humanepain:
actually I'm 3 hours drive away from his castle. I've visited Dracula's home a few times, saw a few secrete rooms and others. There has been recently been built there a house of horrors next to it...very spooky (a bunch of friends of mine went there 4 fun and they returned pretty shook up) and btw, for anyone interested, there actually is a seed of truth in this myth ^^ (his real name is Vlad Tepes)

tx 4 noticing me guys
Old 12-22-2007, 06:46 AM   #5
††BlackRose††

Welcome to the boards!!!
It must be soooo cool living in the land of Dracula.
OMG you've visited his castle???
Well enjoy your stay!
Old 12-22-2007, 08:46 AM   #6
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nenphis

to humanepain:
actually I'm 3 hours drive away from his castle. I've visited Dracula's home a few times, saw a few secrete rooms and others. There has been recently been built there a house of horrors next to it...very spooky (a bunch of friends of mine went there 4 fun and they returned pretty shook up) and btw, for anyone interested, there actually is a seed of truth in this myth ^^ (his real name is Vlad Tepes)
Holy crap just three hours away?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 03:20 AM   #7
Green.Lady

Yo.

*twitches at lack of favourite band(s)*

Welcome.
Deliver me a paper
Green.Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 06:20 AM   #8
nenphis

tx 4 all the warm welcomes goths are the best (I should know right:P )
to Green.Lady :
sorry about that; oh well...If I have to, here are some of my favourites: Evanescence, HIM, Within Temptation, Metallica, Guns n' roses, Scorpions, Shinedown, Breaking Benjamin and lets not forget MCR
told ya not many good musicians get to be heard here
Old 12-23-2007, 09:43 AM   #9
Steppenwolf

We have a post on goth music every goth should have heard . Some of them : Front 242 , The Sisters of Mercy , London after midnight , Emily Autumn , Siouxie and the Banshees , Bauhaus , The Cruxshadows , The Cure *for some they are THE goth band* , Depeche Mode , Nine Inch Nails , Type O Negative , Cocteau Twins , Joy Division *you MUST heard them , they are GREAT!!!* ...

"Movies" : Every film directed by Tim Burton . The Hunger . Dracula ...

You can search for those bands' videos on Youtube , so you at least know some of the bands and you perhaps like some of them .

Wikipedia is a good place to start searching information about goth and goth subculture . You can ask here the guys too .

Evanescence , HIM and Within Temptation are not considered "Goth" , so don't try to discuss it here , unless you wanna get fryed ;-) . ABout MCR I'm not sure but since I don't know them , but I guess NOT ... Metallica-GnR-Scorpions are heavy metal , and hm alone is not goth ...
I've never heard Shinedown and Breaking Benjamin ... I'll check it now .

Be wellcome and enjoy here . BTW I love your Avatar .
Old 12-23-2007, 11:59 AM   #10
Draconysius

Steppenwolf... Front 242 maybe, but NIN? What the hell? And MCR are not goth, neither are any of those bands Nenphis listed.

Goth bands (as in goth rock) everyone should check out are Bauhaus, the Cure, the Sisters of Mercy, Siouxsie and the Banshees, as they're the most accessible.
For goth-ic bands, I.E. bands that aren't quite goth but share similarities, go for Cocteau Twins, Dead Can Dance, and Voltaire.

Nenphis, hopefully your time here will help you see the light. Or the dark. Eheh. :B
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 03:37 PM   #11
lostintranslation

Hey nenphis! I'm jealous of your local! I'd love to visit Vlad's castle! Anyways, welcome. I'm new as well, so we can team up!
lostintranslation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 04:49 PM   #12
Steppenwolf

Draconysius , I would love to see if someone can post here some old post about music where you can find NIN inside the "INdustrial" section .

Cocteau Twins and Dead Can Dance were inside the Ethereal/Dark wave or similar , so they are then goth ... (btw , sorry if I used the words "goth" and "gothic" incorrectly , I apologize) .

(ABout all other things you are right , I agree 100% with you ...)
Old 12-23-2007, 06:44 PM   #13
L'Oiseau Noir

The fact you're from Romania, and the fact you've visited Vlad's castle, makes you automatically awesome in my book.

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy you stay.

(And to Steppenwolf--Within Temptation fans are scorned here? Eek. *Inched away into the shadows, behind a conveniently placed bush*)

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 11:12 PM   #14
Green.Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Oiseau Noir
(And to Steppenwolf--Within Temptation fans are scorned here? Eek. *Inched away into the shadows, behind a conveniently placed bush*)
Hey, I like WT too. I recall seeing a thread in which several people declared their love for them - so we're not alone. I think.
Deliver me a paper
Green.Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 01:30 AM   #15
PersephoneX

Stop using "TX". Respect the members enough to use decently legible english please. I'm not in the mood for a newbie bashing session, so:
Welcome, and don't pee on the carpets.
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:00 AM   #16
nenphis

to persephoneX:
oops, sorry, ok no more "tx" :P (can I use "4"?) *don't kill me me, don't kill me*

wow, it seems vlad is very popular here hihi, well he says hi (goths are his favourite)
I'm very grateful for all the warm greetings, and Steppenwolf, I'm killing youtube and wikipedia as we speak researching so expect a post soon enough with new info
anything else u'd like to know about me or my land?
Old 12-25-2007, 11:53 AM   #17
Steppenwolf

I don't like WT's music/lyrics/singer at all , but sure I'll respect your choice as long as you respect that I don't hate Evanescence ... But Evanescence are not goth anyway , which doesn't mean in any way they are bad ... In fact my fav bands are not goth .

I was just trying to help nenphis with the little wisdom I've learned here , nothing more nothing less ...
Old 12-26-2007, 11:05 PM   #18
PersephoneX

Stop Using Text Language!
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote