Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 10-14-2008, 04:15 PM   #1
Sodaspes

Drugs

Anyone in here do drugs. LSD, marijuana, peyote, mescaline, psylocybin, DMT, DET, Hashish, amphetamines, methamphetamines, heroin, morphine, opium, cocain ect. I've done lots of drugs and I am an ex drug cartel. Anyone into drug smuggling or dealing and just use drugs in general. Please post your favorite drug here.

I like Hash, opium, and acid.
Sodaspes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:34 PM   #2
Slap Your Love

Fuck drugs. The more you take the weaker and more dependent you are.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:53 PM   #3
Delkaetre

Slap Your Love, as I type everyone in the room other than myself is feeling the effects of marijuana. Three of them are also feeling the effects of nitrous oxide, and two of psilocybin mushrooms.
They are not weak and they are not dependant, as I know they function just as well without drugs- I've known these people a long while and have seen them in 'dry' periods as well as periods of much heavier use. They use drugs recreationally because they enjoy them.

However. I have seen people hooked on some very unpleasant things, and I don't like seeing what it does to them. Alcoholism is worse than any other addiction in the effects it has on body and temperament, except for addictions to heroin and crack cocaine.

The dependency, the drug used, and the level and type of use all affect the experience. I have no problem with my friends using drugs, particularly since in some cases marijuana is a more effective management technique for ongoing physical pain than the prescribed medications. My problem is with the use to excess, and this is the same as my reaction to eating disorders (overeating, undereating, purging) or any other self-harming behaviour.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:04 PM   #4
lucylucy

Personally, I like drugs.
lucylucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:48 PM   #5
MollyMac

What the fuck ever. Drugs are weakness. Whether you need them or simply want them to get by- you are fucking weak. And it's not a victimless crime, and the user is not the only one affected. Even "just pot" has effects- and I am not talking about the medical grade and prescribed- I am talking the cumulative effect of playing with that shit.

do something useful instead
Old 10-14-2008, 06:52 PM   #6
Corpus_Macabre

Does one of two tries in your lifetime make you weak or just experimental? And, in turn, does being experimental make you weak?

Pot is one thing (coming from the earth, and by that I'm referring to pot, not that "Hydro" rubbish) but acid? Coke? When taken regularly instead of experimentation that is just stupid.
Corpus_Macabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:58 PM   #7
dead_dreams

drugs are FUCKING RETARDED! some people do use drugs, then they're being ***** in the prison showers. Do YOU want that fate?
dead_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:05 PM   #8
zombiewhore

Drugs kind of help me in class.
Like everything seems SO INTERESTING I actually pay attention.
Now -lm applying for jobs, however. So I'm clean as a whistle.
I agree though. Drugs aren't cool. Neither is masturbation though, and we sure as hell all do that.
zombiewhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:18 PM   #9
Corpus_Macabre

I don't...
Old 10-14-2008, 08:24 PM   #10
Sodaspes

Drugs are for spiritual reasons like the shamams use them and the rastafarians and native americans.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:29 PM   #11
Corpus_Macabre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodaspes
Drugs are for spiritual reasons like the shamams use them and the rastafarians and native americans.
Yes they use acid, heroin, crack, ice, cocaine.........[please insert sarcastic tone here]
Old 10-14-2008, 10:16 PM   #12
Sodaspes

Drugs open up hidden doors in our minds.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:23 PM   #13
dead_dreams

You are wrong. Drugs are a pathetic attempt at life.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:26 PM   #14
Sodaspes

it all depends how you use them and what you use them for.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:28 PM   #15
TheBloodEternity

Stop feeding the troll/pathetically ignorant person!
The conversations will go nowhere.

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:32 PM   #16
Sodaspes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBloodEternity
Stop feeding the troll/pathetically ignorant person!
The conversations will go nowhere.
Hey I'm no troll. Just trying to start conversation.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:33 PM   #17
dead_dreams

well said.
*this is for TheBloodEternity*
Old 10-14-2008, 10:34 PM   #18
Sodaspes

Dead_dreams your a nice person.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:44 PM   #19
ellelino

Quote:
Drugs open up hidden doors in our minds.
funny thing, the doors would close on me when I used to do drugs!
Drugs leave you hanging, all they do is make you fool yourself from the reality of things
ellelino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:56 PM   #20
jack_the_knife

Quote:
Hey I'm no troll. Just trying to start conversation.
How many more bloody threads do you want to start before someone comes round to your house and bludgeons you to death with a book and muffles your screams with your silly hat?
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:14 AM   #21
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap Your Love
Fuck drugs. The more you take the weaker and more dependent you are.
Fuck you, you militantly straight-edge ass-clown. Simply because you don't feel you can take drugs without becoming dependent on them doesn't mean other people are so fucking weak. I've smoked weed a ton of times, and guess what asshole, I'm not dependent in the slightest. I smoke out when I have the desire to do so, the time to do so, the means to do so, and the money to burn. Just because you take drugs doesn't mean you're automatically a fucking junkie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_dreams
drugs are FUCKING RETARDED! some people do use drugs, then they're being ***** in the prison showers. Do YOU want that fate?
Do you know how fucking stupid that sounds? You're saying you shouldn't do drugs because a conservatively minded and arbitrarily chosen government forbids them based on misinformation and misconceptions. You're almost as bad as the OP.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:56 AM   #22
bloodfeathers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_dreams
You are wrong. Drugs are a pathetic attempt at life.
I smoke marijuana because it helps to lessen the severity of my symptoms (Multiple Sclerosis).
bloodfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:13 AM   #23
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack
Fuck you, you militantly straight-edge ass-clown. Simply because you don't feel you can take drugs without becoming dependent on them doesn't mean other people are so fucking weak. I've smoked weed a ton of times, and guess what asshole, I'm not dependent in the slightest. I smoke out when I have the desire to do so, the time to do so, the means to do so, and the money to burn. Just because you take drugs doesn't mean you're automatically a fucking junkie.

Do you know how fucking stupid that sounds? You're saying you shouldn't do drugs because a conservatively minded and arbitrarily chosen government forbids them based on misinformation and misconceptions. You're almost as bad as the OP.
I think you just became my personal hero.

Those equating drug use (whether casual or heavy) with weakness - unless you've never in your life taken a sip of alcohol, shut the fuck up, you're full of shit. In fact, if you've been teetotal since birth, the odds are even higher you don't know what you're talking about. And please, no one give me that "my mom / sibling / friend was wrecked by drugs", because this thread is about drug USE, not drug ABUSE. The equivalent would be bitching that you once knew an alcoholic in a thread about people's favorite cocktails. Having once known someone who was an addict does not make you an authority.

One thing I wish people would learn is that addiction and use are very different things. I've never taken heroin, for instance, nor would I trust myself to, and yet I've known casual heroin users. It IS possible to get high off heroin once in a blue moon with becoming a junkie.

Whilst I'd never deny that heroin use carries risks, this leads into my second point - if used responsibly (which is not the contradiction in terms government-sponsored pamhplets would have you believe), drugs are a LOT safer than most people realize.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:53 AM   #24
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I think getting stoned is something everyone should do at least ONCE in their lifetime, when I got stoned with my mates once, I found it to be a fairly fun experience, not one i'd repeat much if at all really, but fun none the less.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:13 AM   #25
MollyMac

Been there, did it all, calually and in excess and casually again and then understood it is all weakness.