Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 06-05-2006, 06:46 AM   #1
Falken

Sex Slave Auctions in UK airports???

Kind of disturbing...

from The Independent - Online Edition

New Vice Squad to Tackle Airport Sex-Slave Auctions
Falken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 07:11 AM   #2
angel_dark_demon_bright

Love your commentary opoinon, falken. Post again when you dont have so much to say.
angel_dark_demon_bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 07:14 AM   #3
Wise Child

What's an opoinon? Sounds like a variety of dolphin, for some strange reason.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:35 AM   #4
Falken

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_dark_demon_bright
Love your commentary opoinon, falken. Post again when you dont have so much to say.
Heh... sorry...

I find the whole idea of selling women into prostitution disgusting (I wish there was a stronger word I could use but disgust is what comes to mind). To bring in these women from other countries and sell them like cattle in an airport is something I find shocking to believe until I actually read it for myself. A quote from the article says (paraphrasing), "once the percentage of prostitutes in this country were 80% UK citizens. Now it has come around to 80% being foreign women having to pay off enormous debts to the people who bring them in to the UK, the brothel owners and sending some of their earnings back to their home country".

Last edited by Falken; 06-05-2006 at 08:37 AM. Reason: because...
Falken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:42 AM   #5
horrorgirl

I have always has fantasies of being kidnapped,sold and put into a harem in which I have to have sex with a gorgeous sheik. Wait....did I just say that out loud?

I actually have a really good book about the slave trade that existed in northern Africa 200-400 years ago. European ships would be boarded and their crews sold into slavery. The book is called White Gold.

Salvery has been happening ever since time began. The kind being practiced in Europe and America is just an extension of that. Doesn't make it right but it's not really shocking if you know the history of slavery.

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:26 AM   #6
Lady Victoria Pareesis

The thing is, those kind of things have always existed, and I believe they will always exist.
Brothels, selling girls (or boys)...
It's a disgusting part of the reality, but it's sound very hypocrit to me when people screams "Oh my gosh, we found a illegal prostitute, and she's seventeen,boohoo boohoo", because the next minute they are thinking about their pretty little lifes.
It's just a discovery, in one place, and there's forced prostitution all over the world, in every single country.
Whining wont' do anything.

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
Terry Pratchett
Lady Victoria Pareesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:00 AM   #7
Virulent Dryad

Usually they bring girls from the EE here. I've read a lot of articles and personal stories from girls brought here. I never thought of it being so obvious at having auctions, that's very disturbing.

Europeans are really weird like that though.
"Like that old tale, the girl who wanted to become the best dancer in the world. "Yes," said the sorceress, "but each time you set your foot on earth will be like knives slashing." "If you can stand the pain, you will be granted your desire."
Virulent Dryad is offline   Reply With Quote