Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Jonathan Sharkey ('the vampire')?
The fact that he claims he is a vampire would not affect my vote. 13 56.52%
Hell Naw 4 17.39%
Hell yeah! 6 26.09%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-13-2006, 04:48 PM   #1
Needled

Vampire for Governor?

Today when I logged on to AOL, my welcome screen actually had an interesting article displayed. Well, it was of my interest anyway. I thought I would share the link with everyone here.

Click Here

Something tells me this guy doesn't have much of a chance.
Needled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 05:04 PM   #2
Godslayer Jillian

Well, he wouldn't be that bad if the impaling think is just a joke.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 05:14 PM   #3
Needled

"Jonathon Sharkey pledges to execute convicted murders and child molesters personally by impaling them on a wooden pole."

I took it as a joke.. but who knows?
Old 01-13-2006, 05:55 PM   #4
Godslayer Jillian

also, I'm not in pro of death penalty
well, my philosophy is that if we killed them, we wouldn't be any better than them except that more people agreed on killing him. Though, I wouldn't mind death penalty, but under consensual approval. I mean, if I knew I was going to spend the rest of my life in jail, I'd rather die than be somebody's bitch

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:39 PM   #5
Needled

Yeah, but if you gave them the consent to kill you, would that be considered suicide? Just wondering.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:01 PM   #6
Godslayer Jillian

It actually would, but who's going to judge me for preferring to keep my virginity?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 01-17-2006, 10:26 PM   #7
Sanctus Dei

Why MY state?? First Jesse now this...not that he has a chance but... hey I'll vote for him, why not?!
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 06:46 AM   #8
Dracul Enyo

Pfft. It's hard to believe a real vampire and if he were, why in the hell would just flaunt it like that? Most Sangs don't.
Dracul Enyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 04:09 PM   #9
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Hey, I wouldn't have a problem with it. I always had most politicians pegged as vampires anyway. The only problem is, I heard that Abraham Van Helsing is contemplating a run for supreme court justice. Talk about a conflict of interests between the branches of government. I also hope he doesn't choose a zombie as his lieutenant gov. Our democratic republic moves slow enough as it is without its officers ambling about looking for brains to munch on.

Then again, I'm from New York. It wouldn't be MY problem if he burst into flames one sunny morning while attempting to deliver his inaugural address.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:19 PM   #10
Sanctus Dei

Xng darlin' we talked about this months ago!!! I live just 15-20 mins north of Minneapolis!
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 01:23 AM   #11
tenet_2012

And I'll be there soon.

Crazy Minnesota people.

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 03:40 PM   #12
Needled

I think I'm kind of liking Minnesota...
Old 01-22-2006, 06:11 PM   #13
Surgeon Méchant De Sang

Location: In some desolate wooded area with the rest of the trailer trash.
I think I heard this guy being interviewed on Coast to Coast AM with George Noory. Sorry guys, but listening to this guy gave me the giggles.
Surgeon Méchant De Sang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 06:21 PM   #14
Disfunction

Quote:
However, he claims to respect all religions and if elected, will post "everything from the Ten Commandments to the Wicca Reed" in government buildings.
Woohoo for the seperation of church and state!

Woohoo for people claiming to be vampires!

Woohoo for neo-Pagans, Satanists, etc.!

Woohoo for shock!

Woohoo! Woohoo! Woohoo!

Governator for president in '08!

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:26 AM   #15
WolfMoon

Sharkey makes me laugh!

I watched something about him on the news one night. I couldn't decide whether to staple my hand to my forhead in a true sign of angst and worry or roll my eyes and laugh at him.

I did both.

I hate flamboyance, but I'm starting to think that maybe it'd be a good thing. Not that he'll actually be elected, but it's a good thing to reach out to those pagans/wiccans/others who might not vote because they feel that they're not represented by their government.

Meh, just a thought.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:56 PM   #16
Needled

^^ Good point. Now they can't bitch about being misrepresented.

Not to say that they shouldn't have bitched before.. but this takes away the priveledge.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:34 PM   #17
Disfunction

Well, until my dying day, I will complain about a lack of representation of intellectuals in the government.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:36 PM   #18
Jane13

Disfunction, you make me giggle.

This guy was actually on our local news.... I live in southern Illinois. I think maybe he was visiting our SIPA (Southern Illinois Pagan Alliance) organization... I'm not sure I like the whole "impaler" thing because it makes light of a horrific historical figure (but, I know, who hasn't since the 1930's?). I honestly don't care what religion one is when running for office, because I don't think it should affect the way they run things. Even though I beleive in Jesus (and his being the son of God), I always stand up for my Pagan, Atheist, whathaveyou friends right to their beliefs. It's kind of hard to get people to see past the Christian stereotype, but after a while my friends tend to respect my beleifs equally.

About this guy..... if you hear him talk, you'll see why I can't take him seriously. We have an android in California and a Bela Lugosi impersonater running in Minnesota....
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 08:59 PM   #19
Godslayer Jillian

Yea, there's kind of a difference between a life style and simply weirdness. There's a difference between loving the forest and marrying a tree, you kinda get me?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 02-02-2006, 06:14 AM   #20
Underwater Ophelia

This guy has got to be either joking, or rich and insane.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:23 AM   #21
jokerman91

From what i have read here i think the guy would be a great governor. He should really run and i hope most of you vote for him even though he sounds kinnda insane.
jokerman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:53 AM   #22
Wise Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Yea, there's kind of a difference between a life style and simply weirdness. There's a difference between loving the forest and marrying a tree, you kinda get me?
lmao. That's deep, man. Good analogy!

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 01:35 PM   #23
pheramoans

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needled
"Jonathon Sharkey pledges to execute convicted murders and child molesters personally by impaling them on a wooden pole."

I took it as a joke.. but who knows?

It just sounds like he wants to be Vlad Tepes to me.
pheramoans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 03:39 PM   #24
Vorsuc

It is a strange philosophy... "I'm going to make you tolerant, if you don't obey I'll execute you".

If you feel like finding out more of his views, I grabbed an hour of his time and managed to ask a few questions.
Vorsuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 04:22 PM   #25
Jane13

That was an interesting interview.... but I REALLY don't dig the impaling thing. I'm not going to state my opinions on this board about capital punishment, but pretty much ANY Hungarian or Roumanian would get pretty miffed if someone tried to emulate a political style similar to Vlad Tepes... he was a tyrannical, horrible ruler that should be looked at in the context of "Wow! I hope no one does that again" rather that "Hm... interesting policy." To me impaling people in order to emulate Vlad Tepes is about as offensive as making the swatstika the new national symbol or instating Bolshevik style secret police.
*end rant*
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote