Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:56 PM   #26
PortraitOfSanity

Cool, probably not.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:11 PM   #27
Sinjob

Considering how he responded Anarasha seems like a good sport.

Or he suppressed it, no idea.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:47 AM   #28
Pineapple_Juice

Considering how rude most people are to him, he takes a lot of shit in stride. If anyone else asked that question (save a select few), they'd have gotten decent answers.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:56 AM   #29
Sinjob

...But POS made his crack and it's over. And at his size I'D be surprised if he hasn't gotten hell for his weight in the past. It's important to be able to at least man up about snide comments regardless of how unnecessary. And if his feelings are hurt over the internet (which is bad) imagine how awful it must be venturing out in public.

I was overweight for a long time and even worse, delusional about it. Anarasha seems to have a sense of humor as he talked about his man boobs on the titties thread.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:17 AM   #30
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinjob View Post
I was overweight for a long time and even worse, delusional about it. Anarasha seems to have a sense of humor as he talked about his man boobs on the titties thread.
This. Had he given any indication that his feelings had been hurt, I would have apologized (believe it or not...), that wasn't my intent at all. But like Sin said, he seemed to take it for the joke it was.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:39 PM   #31
Anarasha

Aye I don't mind jokes about my weight (In small quantities)
If jokes about my weight had bothered me, I wouldn't ever post pics on the internet.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:18 PM   #32
Fruitbat

I remember seeing a young girl who had the back of her head shaved, the top part hung over it, so unless she wore a ponytail (which she was), you'd never know she had shaved head.

Change the part? Flick the hair from one side to the other in equal parts (does that make any sense?)

Shite - that's crap advice Fruitbat. *shrugs*

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:21 PM   #33
Anarasha

No idea really. I think if I wear it in a ponytail, it'll work. I'll figure something out with my scalp and it's oxygen needs.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:27 PM   #34
Breathless Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
Cut the length into a much shorter mohawk type of hairstyle
BAD FUCKING IDEA

I've had a mohawk of varying lengths for about 3 years, and it is a FUCKING WHORESON BITCH getting a job with a mohawk, of any colour.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:27 PM   #35
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarasha View Post
No idea really. I think if I wear it in a ponytail, it'll work. I'll figure something out with my scalp and it's oxygen needs.
Ponytail should work nicely. You can put it up before you leave home and take it down the minute you are out of the office

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:38 AM   #36
Hydrodyssodia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless Horror View Post
BAD FUCKING IDEA

I've had a mohawk of varying lengths for about 3 years, and it is a FUCKING WHORESON BITCH getting a job with a mohawk, of any colour.
well go for a natural colour.
It can't be that bad, I've seen several people with mohawks (ok, fauxhawks) working, one ven was a waiter in a chicken restaurant.
Hydrodyssodia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:24 AM   #37
Hearts_Purple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrodyssodia View Post
well go for a natural colour.
It can't be that bad, I've seen several people with mohawks (ok, fauxhawks) working, one ven was a waiter in a chicken restaurant.
fauxhawk =/= Mohawk

If you are a female you can possibly get away with a mohawk if it's long enough to cover the shaved sides when down. There are a shit ton of places that still won't hire males with long hair so any kind of 'hawk do(long or short) is impractical.
Hearts_Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #38
*Twitch

My hair is naturally brown, it's blond now. It still causes freak outs. And I meant any colour, natural or not.

As for the faux-hawks, for some reason there's apparently a huge difference between having less than half an inch on the side, and an inch. I had a conversation with a FHed coworker once, after a friend of his called me a freak, and he was equally amused that a difference of an inch and a half of hair on the sides of our head meant thatt I was a freak but he was normal.
*Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:43 PM   #39
Hearts_Purple

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Twitch View Post
My hair is naturally brown, it's blond now. It still causes freak outs. And I meant any colour, natural or not.

As for the faux-hawks, for some reason there's apparently a huge difference between having less than half an inch on the side, and an inch. I had a conversation with a FHed coworker once, after a friend of his called me a freak, and he was equally amused that a difference of an inch and a half of hair on the sides of our head meant thatt I was a freak but he was normal.
The thing I hate about fauxhawks is that I've only seen it on hipsters that think they're being 'edgy'. The truth is they don't have the balls to get a real 'hawk.

Mohawks are sexy, fuck that idiot and their stupid 'freak' comment.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:47 PM   #40
*Twitch

Haha yeah, though my mohawk is in SERIOUS need of maintenance. I'm actually glad that they don't have the sack for a real hawk. I would have to cut mine off if they did. Is it sad that I actually cut off my mohawk for a while because I started to see too many?
Old 08-14-2010, 02:58 PM   #41
Hearts_Purple

Quote:
Haha yeah, though my mohawk is in SERIOUS need of maintenance. I'm actually glad that they don't have the sack for a real hawk. I would have to cut mine off if they did. Is it sad that I actually cut off my mohawk for a while because I started to see too many?
A part of me wants to say "yes", but the truth is that I'd do the same thing. I let my bettie bangs grow out because I got tired of hearing that I looked just like 10 other females with bangs.

So, no, it's not sad. When someone tries to look just like you and you value your individuality it can put you off. I sure as fuck don't want to look the same as everyone else.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:05 PM   #42
*Twitch

Yeah, that's more or less what I thought. The only time I don't mind is if people tell me I look like a guy in town named Ali, and thats because in general body and facial structure we're really similar, and we both have mohawks, so it's kind of understandable.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:01 PM   #43
Cruven

Quote:
Is it sad that I actually cut off my mohawk for a while because I started to see too many?
Hah, I had the opposite issue. I was so tired of seeing fauxhawks that I shaved a 13ish inch hawk just to show the bastards how its done. Then I shaved it off because I really needed that job..... Moral of this story? If you want to keep your hair, don't cut it off like an elitist jack ass!
Cruven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:49 PM   #44
Timeless Rebellion

I ended up cutting it all off.. <.< I had an issue that forced me to.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:10 AM   #45
Hydrodyssodia

Considering the circumstances, interesting username.

Seriously though, that was probably the smart thing to do.
Hydrodyssodia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 03:28 AM   #46
Timeless Rebellion

Probably yeah. Now I just need to grow up enough to take out my piercings and I am getting there
Old 10-06-2010, 12:50 PM   #47
Pineapple_Juice

You know, you could just get retainers for said piercings. I saw somewhere that you started wearing colored shirts and you didn't seem too happy about it. The color of your wardrobe doesn't really matter much, in fact black often looks very professional. it's just WHAT you wear, not the color it's in.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:54 PM   #48
Timeless Rebellion

Yeah, about the coloured stuff, I was just whining
Today, some of my shirts actually have colours, though nothing too flashy.
I am still never gonna wear anything screaming light your-shirt-is-blinding-me blue or red, but I guess it's not a problem either.
Black is still one of my favourite colours, mostly because it is a relaxing and calm colour with no too strong associations attached.
One day I'll put on one of said shirts and upload a picture of it.