Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
d0p3y

Asian 'white' supremacists!!!

Quote:
Mongolian neo-Nazis: Anti-Chinese sentiment fuels rise of ultra-nationalismAlarm sounds over rise of extreme groups such as Tsagaan Khass who respect Hitler and reject foreign influence
(1720)Tweet this (419)Tania Branigan in Ulan Bator guardian.co.uk, Monday 2 August 2010 16.13 BST Article history
Mongolian neo-Nazi group the Tsagaan Khas ('White Swastika') salute on the streets of the capital Ulan Bator Photograph: Dan Chung for the Guardian

Their right hands rise to black-clad chests and flash out in salute to their nation: "Sieg heil!" They praise Hitler's devotion to ethnic purity.

But with their high cheekbones, dark eyes and brown skin, they are hardly the Third Reich's Aryan ideal. A new strain of Nazism has found an unlikely home: Mongolia.

Once again, ultra-nationalists have emerged from an impoverished economy and turned upon outsiders. This time the main targets come from China, the rising power to the south.

Groups such as Tsagaan Khass, or White Swastika, portray themselves as patriots standing up for ordinary citizens in the face of foreign crime, rampant inequality, political indifference and corruption.

But critics say they scapegoat and attack the innocent. The US state department has warned travellers of increased assaults on inter-racial couples in recent years – including organised violence by ultra-nationalist groups.

Dayar Mongol threatened to shave the heads of women who sleep with Chinese men. Three years ago, the leader of Blue Mongol was convicted of murdering his daughter's boyfriend, reportedly because the young man had studied in China.

Though Tsagaan Khass leaders say they do not support violence, they are self-proclaimed Nazis. "Adolf Hitler was someone we respect. He taught us how to preserve national identity," said the 41-year-old co-founder, who calls himself Big Brother.

"We don't agree with his extremism and starting the second world war. We are against all those killings, but we support his ideology. We support nationalism rather than fascism."

It is, by any standards, an extraordinary choice. Under Hitler, Soviet prisoners of war who appeared Mongolian were singled out for execution. More recently, far-right groups in Europe have attacked Mongolian migrants.

Not all ultra-nationalists use this iconography; and widespread ignorance about the Holocaust and other atrocities may help to explain why some do.

Tsagaan Khass points out that the swastika is an ancient Asian symbol – which is true, but does not explain the group's use of Nazi colours, the Nazi eagle and the Nazi salute; or the large picture of the Führer on Big Brother's cigarette case.

Nor does it seem greatly relevant, given their unabashed admiration for Hitler's racial beliefs.

"We have to make sure that as a nation our blood is pure. That's about our independence," said 23-year-old Battur, pointing out that the population is under three million.

"If we start mixing with Chinese, they will slowly swallow us up. Mongolian society is not very rich. Foreigners come with a lot of money and might start taking our women."

Big Brother acknowledges he discovered such ideas through the nationalist groups that emerged in Russia after the Soviet Union's fall; Mongolia had been a satellite state. But the anti-Chinese tinge is distinct and increasingly popular.

"While most people feel far-right discourse is too extreme, there seems to be a consensus that China is imperialistic, 'evil' and intent on taking Mongolia," said Franck Billé of Cambridge University, who is researching representations of Chinese people in Mongolia.

Hip hop tracks such as Don't Go Too Far, You Chinks by 4 Züg – chorus: "shoot them all, all, all" – have been widely played in bars and clubs. Urban myths abound; some believe Beijing has a secret policy of encouraging men to have sex with Mongolian women.

Yet Tsagaan Khass claims it welcomes law-abiding visitors of all races, and Big Brother can certainly be hospitable.

Enthusiastically shaking hands, he says: "Even though you are a British citizen, you are still Asian, and that makes you very cool."

He says the younger members have taught him to be less extreme and the group appears to be reshaping itself – expelling "criminal elements" and insisting on a good education as a prerequisite for membership. One of the leaders is an interior designer.

But critics fear ultra-nationalists are simply becoming more sophisticated and, quietly, more powerful. Tsagaan Khass say it "works closely" with other organisations and is now discussing a merger.

"Some people are in complete denial … [but] we can no longer deny this is a problem," said Anaraa Nyamdorj, of Mongolia's Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Centre.

The US state department has noted increased reports of xenophobic attacks since the spring. The UN country review cites a recent vicious assault on three young transgender women. When one of the victims publicly blamed an ultra-nationalist group – not Tsagaan Khass – death threats quickly followed.

"They are getting more support from the public," added Enkhjargal Davaasuren, director of the National Centre Against Violence, who fears that ultra-nationalists are growing more confident and victims too scared to come forward. She pointed to a YouTube video posted last year, showing a man roughly shaving a woman's long hair. The victim's face is buried in her hands, but her hunched body reeks of fear.

Others in Ulan Bator suggest the movement is waning and suspect the groups' menacing stance and claims of 3,000 members are bluster. Billé thinks there is "a lot of posturing".

"We have heard of instances [of violence]. They are not necessarily all right or all wrong," said Javkhlan, a Tsagaan Khass leader. But the group is simply a "law enforcement" body, he maintained: "We do checks; we go to hotels and restaurants to make sure Mongolian girls don't do prostitution and foreigners don't break the laws.

"We don't go through and beat the shit out of everyone. We check our information and make sure it's true."

They rely on police and media pressure to reform such businesses, he added. And if that failed? "We try to avoid using power," he said. "That would be our very last resort."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...olia-far-right

I believe these mongolians are so 'impoverished' and 'ignorant' that they are an easy target for these sort of institutions that seek to create a bigger better WHITER world.

all that i have to say is what the fuck??!!!!

"No todo es blanco o negro, es gris todo depende del matiz..."
(Mago de oz)

"your life does not belong to you, it belongs to the people that love you."
(incognito)

"laying to ones self, is laying to the world"
(incognito)

"El que por su gusto muere, hasta la muerte le sabe."
(incognito)
d0p3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:23 AM   #2
Hearts_Purple

A sentiment I share and feel deeply. It was shocking enough to learn of nazis shitheads in Russia(where people to this day hate Germans). Now that it's spreading to other countries it is getting more and more unsettling!

Japan is just as bad, though. They are Nationalists for the most part. A lot of the hate crimes that get committed on non-japanese people go unreported.
Hearts_Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:12 AM   #3
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hearts_Purple View Post
Japan is just as bad, though. They are Nationalists for the most part. A lot of the hate crimes that get committed on non-japanese people go unreported.
Bullshit. There are very vocal ultra-nationalist groups here, but they're definitely in the minority.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:16 AM   #4
Hearts_Purple

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus View Post
Bullshit. There are very vocal ultra-nationalist groups here, but they're definitely in the minority.

Really? You have firsthand experience as a white person living in Japan?
Old 08-07-2010, 10:26 AM   #5
Sinjob

To the Jews they are monsters, to the Asians a threat, to the intelligent they are fools, and for those who still remain who took part in Pearl Harbor they are probably heroes.

Yep, it just doesn't get worse than Asian White Supremacists.
Sinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 05:30 PM   #6
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hearts_Purple View Post
Really? You have firsthand experience as a white person living in Japan?
I won't pretend to be an authority on the subject, I've been to the Yasukuni shrine/museum and read some of the English literature being handed out around there. I've also on a few occasions encountered groups of activists with their black vans and military flags.

Your comment just rather made it sound like most of the country is outright hostile to foreigners, and I can tell you that it is definitely not that. Most Japanese are ignorant at worst.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:08 PM   #7
Razeal18

"Its a holiday in mongolia where you'll do what your told" I didn't think it was new that the japanese were ultra nationalists. they did side with hitler during the war. This is just a new more twisted and stupid group that laredy shares the same sentiment of "ethnic purity. Of course the entire idea of race is all bullshit. isay we let them have their little pow wows and eventually when they all die out they can be an example for future generations
By thy shut soul's hypocrisy;
By the perfection of thine art
Which pass'd for human thine own heart;
By thy delight in others' pain,
And by thy brotherhood of Cain,
I call upon thee! and compel
Thyself to be thy proper Hell!

-Manfred by Lord Byron
Razeal18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:46 PM   #8
Hearts_Purple

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus View Post
I won't pretend to be an authority on the subject, I've been to the Yasukuni shrine/museum and read some of the English literature being handed out around there. I've also on a few occasions encountered groups of activists with their black vans and military flags.

Your comment just rather made it sound like most of the country is outright hostile to foreigners, and I can tell you that it is definitely not that. Most Japanese are ignorant at worst.
I certainly didn't mean to paint them all with the same brush. I have heard firsthand accounts of non-Japanese who live/have lived over there of things that had happened to them and they were told not to go to the police since they wouldn't do anything. Also been told of people getting assaulted over there for not being Japanese. The way it's described it seems like it's handled in a very non-chalant manner.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:51 PM   #9
Saya

Thats the same as anywhere, though. There's going to be dicks everywhere you go. My best friend just moved to Japan (Kobe), she's been there for like two days and already she's made drinking buddies. She spent a summer elsewhere in Japan last year and she went all over the place and met tons of people, and she only had good things to say.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:07 PM   #10
Hearts_Purple

It's not just a case of people being dicks. It's specifically targetted towards people who aren't Japanese.

If your friend is there long term I would be interested in knowing how often they encounter threats or violence during their stay.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:17 PM   #11
Saya

And there are Canadians here who are xenophobic assholes and cops who don't do shit to help foreigners, particularly people of colour. And there's Americans who super hate Mexicans, Australians who hate "boat people", Germans who are neo-nazis, and so and so on and so on, I never heard of a country that didn't have these kinds of things happen.

On the other hand, I've been told that some Japanese people get surgery so their eyes look bigger, the guy who launched McDonald's in Japan advocated American food because if they ate like Americans, they could look like Americans, and after discussing how otaku over here fetishize the Japanese a guy I know who spent years over there said they do the same over there to western people. Its a huge population, and has a pretty low violent crime rate for the size of the population, I'll be surprised if she gets assaulted.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:12 PM   #12
vindicatedxjin

Okay people have to realize that in Japan the teachers have absolutely no say in customizing their curriculum, and must follow to the T the textbooks, which includes "what to think about foreigners", regardless of their own opinions..... This has led to teaching of wrong and prejudicial ideas regarding anyone not japanese to the absolute majority of the population.
Also one other thing that they believe is that Japanese are "good people", and that foreigners are much more likely to commit crimes, not pay their rent on time, lie, cheat, steal (for example bicycles), and commit rapes and murders. They are very fearful, and don't trust easily. Obviously I don't know how it is there personally, but I am part Japanese and have spoken to family about it before...and I honestly believe that their system of doing things isn't to be hateful or prejudice, but to protect they're way of living. Which I feel is very sacred to a point.

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:19 PM   #13
Saya

Not really, France has a similar policy, and it does lead to discrimination against foreigners, primarily Arabs. I read a study in anthropology (social) about Italian birth rates, and how they equate many children (like, more than two) with dirty, slutty foreigners o.O And now the dirty slutty foreigners are going to outnumber us, oh no!

I saw that on American news too, people panicking about how Hispanics will outnumber the white people in like fifty years, so we gotta start procreating.

I should say that i understand you're talking about preserving culture, which is a fair point too, but there's better ways.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:30 PM   #14
vindicatedxjin

Well you got to understand that Japan is pretty tiny, they ARE worried about they're bloodline, and culture with major fear. Obviously they do try in a sense to be western in some ways but in the end they want it pure. Same goes for any place like you said it's not just a few countries that feel this way...its EVERY single country. I dunno I might be biased , but I understand what they're getting at.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-07-2010, 10:37 PM   #15
Saya

True, took them a long time to recognize the Ainu. But now they officially can't claim to be "pure" :P
Old 08-07-2010, 10:47 PM   #16
vindicatedxjin

Japanese people are peculiar and prideful, almost to a point of childishness...much like the Koreans. I admit it's annoying, but it's one of those things that involves understanding. Like I said, I'm probably biased due to being part of that culture, but I understand both sides.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-07-2010, 10:55 PM   #17
ape descendant

When will people learn that we're all one big family of humanity LITERALLY.. that we're all related LITERALLY, we're all silly little apes running around this country and despite our aptitude for cooperation we still get at each other's throats over the dumbest bullshit.

There is no master race, so open up your eyes. Fuck nazis, religion, kkk, its all a fucking lie.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:09 PM   #18
vindicatedxjin

Regardless of the fact that we're all animals...we NOW have cultures that differ and mean something.

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-07-2010, 11:13 PM   #19
ape descendant

Yeah but that doesn't mean that one culture is superior to another. And blind nationalism is always BULLSHIT!

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:21 PM   #20
vindicatedxjin

Yes I agree that no culture is necessarily superior to another... and I agree that nationalism can go too far. But I don't think countries like Japan are doing wrong, in keeping to themselves... (for the most part)

Bring Kontan Back
Old 08-08-2010, 12:48 AM   #21
Admiral_Happypants

fuckin nazis..........
Admiral_Happypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:55 AM   #22
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicatedxjin View Post
Japanese people are peculiar and prideful, almost to a point of childishness...much like the Koreans. I admit it's annoying, but it's one of those things that involves understanding. Like I said, I'm probably biased due to being part of that culture, but I understand both sides.
Don't generalize against a huge population of people, though. Its kinda like me complaining how passive Canadians are. And reminds me of how teachers told us never to marry Arabs because they hate women. And I'm going to side with viscus seeing as he's actually there and has been there for a long time.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:07 AM   #23
d0p3y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
France has a similar policy, and it does lead to discrimination against foreigners, primarily Arabs.
That's particularly funny to me, because as I understand it the ethnicity of the stereotypical "french person" white skin and dark hair comes from a flux of middle eastern people mixing with white .. hence italians, spanish, romanians having darker hair than other Europeans.

"No todo es blanco o negro, es gris todo depende del matiz..."
(Mago de oz)

"your life does not belong to you, it belongs to the people that love you."
(incognito)

"laying to ones self, is laying to the world"
(incognito)

"El que por su gusto muere, hasta la muerte le sabe."
(incognito)
d0p3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:29 AM   #24
Saya

Yeah, its like people here (Newfoundland in particular) bitching about the French, but a lot of our ancestors were French, when England claimed Newfoundland they forced the French settlers to either leave or renounce France and take up English names.

A lot of people here also celebrate our "Irish Heritage", and act if we're virtually Irish, but its not a huge make up of our ancestry either.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:09 AM   #25
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Yeah but that doesn't mean that one culture is superior to another.
I think my culture is superior to one who believes a woman is a whore if she didn't go through female circumcision, thank you very much.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote