Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 04:06 PM   #26
TheKorovaMilkbar

What the fuck is wrong with Beethoven? I like some classical music.

Don't get me wrong I listen to just about everything (that I consider good, so discluding Slipknot, and ESPECIALLY Disturbed, those losers). I love Dream Theater and E.S. Posthumus and many, many others, but there is not one God-damned thing wrong with classical. And another thing, the Gorillaz have rap in their music and many other people as well as I love their music as well, so if you start dissing them, prepare to get bashed.

Careful noobs, you tread on thin ice, and I and many hungry others will be under it when it breaks.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:11 PM   #27
Dustin-TheGothicskater666

dude me and much of the world dont like that guy i like crazy music other people dont and i respect that you should too
Old 11-26-2005, 08:24 PM   #28
lizzy

thegothicskater666, long time no talk.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:33 PM   #29
Circle V

You're deluding yourself if you think that the "crazy" music you listen to is unique in any way. Slipknot and Disturbed are the most mainstream pseudo-metal groups out there. I listen to Slipknot at times, but Disturbed is much too uninteresting musically and artistically for my tastes (not that Slipknot doesn't get on my nerves-- I just consider them more talented.)

If you want to listen to traditional Gothic music, try Christian Death, Joy Division, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Sisters of Mercry, or The Cure. However, since you prefer "crazier" music, I'd suggest that you look up some industrial bands. A few good (and louder) ones would be KMFDM, Combichrist, Velvet Acid Christ, Bile, Frontline Assembly, Skinny Puppy, or even Nine Inch Nails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin-TheGothicskater666
ok i'll try that music that starts with a T
"That music that starts with a T" is a classical composer. You would do well to check his music out.
I pity you both if this isn't an act.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:53 PM   #30
Jane13

"That music that starts with a T" is great. I've liked his music since I was a kid. This thread... so many "ignores"... I don't know, it's just something about ignoring these people that makes me feel like they've won.
"Walk away, just ignore them..."
Yeah right, it's pretty much retreating. *meh*
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Old 11-26-2005, 09:28 PM   #31
mlwlildevil

Dustin- dude, why do you care what other goths listen to anyways? you say you're a "new breed" then act like it, find what you like, not what others like. Go to your local FYE or whatever you have where you live and just go through and listen to everything and anything you have time for.
And come on everyone, don't pick on him, He's trying to fit in. we all know how that feels.

oh and for the record I like classical music too =^.^=
and I like country.
and I like pretty much every genre of music thrown my way.
Does that make me any less goth than the rest of you?
Old 11-26-2005, 10:58 PM   #32
Phayte

Why do people insist on doing things just because others do?
I'm so sick of noobs like Dustin-thegoth blah blah blah... Be yourself! You're not impressing anyone by trying to be the Gothiest goth you can be. Dress however you want.. listen to whatever you want.. Do whatever the hell you want. And please.. visit the site Goth with a Sledgehammer (I think thats what it is) look it up on google or find the link in other threads.
I don't listen to any of the music listed above except for Bethoveen, My Chemical Romance and Mozart. Does that make me less of a Goth? Nope.
~William Shakespeare
Old 11-27-2005, 12:29 AM   #33
Sierpeman

Thrash dude!!! Kreator, Sodom, Megadeth, Slayer, Criminally Insane, etc. THAT'll catch em all off guard.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:30 AM   #34
TheKorovaMilkbar

Mellow, you had it right til you tried to defend him. He can defend himself hon. And btw, that is an awesome sig, really just awesome. My favorite NIN song.

And thank you Phayte and Circle for spelling it out for Dustin.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:07 AM   #35

Just so everyone knows I'm not a "new breed" that what my friends say they have never seen a goth like me or someone as depressed like me. How ever I know that I'm dirfferent then everyone else and I'm not trying to prove my self here. I simply came here and wanted to know what people around the world like, it dosen't change want I like a bit.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:17 AM   #36
katsumy

save all the pet talk ...... just lisen to every kind of rock (soft rock not included!!) .... thats all!!
Old 11-27-2005, 10:47 AM   #37

well said and if I knew how to deleate this tread i wpould but oh well
Old 11-27-2005, 11:31 AM   #38
gotika_ju

lacuna coil
collide
after forever
evanescence
nightwish
lacrimosa
avrigus
penumbra
tristania
within temptation
sirenia
sistem of a down
opeth
xandria
stratovarius
clair de lune morte
etc...
Old 11-27-2005, 12:38 PM   #39
Rosie

Mmm. Hardcore Meat.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:48 PM   #40
Circle V

We should nuke this spawning pit of stupidity before it springs a leak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsumy
save all the pet talk ...... just lisen to every kind of rock (soft rock not included!!) .... thats all!!
There are no capital letters in that post, if you care. Unless you want to give the impression that you speak with annoyingly long pauses in awkward locations and yell rather than speak at a normal volume, I'd recommend that you take it easy with the exclamation marks and ellipses (which, by the way, have only three periods in them.)

I listen to blues, jazz, country, Texas rock, classic rock, SOFT ROCK, and classical music. The only things I don't listen to are polka and rap. Listen to whatever the fuck you want-- just don't call it Gothic unless it is.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:30 PM   #41
xXambivalenceXx

Being Gothic doesn't mean you have to listen primarily to Gothic music. I listen to all sorts of shit, including Sarah McLachlan, Ani DiFranco, Jet, Modest Mouse, Jack Off Jill, Scarling, Garbage, London After Midnight, and so on.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:27 PM   #42
TheKorovaMilkbar

Circle and Ambivalence, you are as Gods. Thank you for posting.

And I'm with Circle, except I listen to some rap (gorillaz, etc.), just not hip-hop. And also I don't like modern pop.

My favorite bands are Pink Floyd, NIN, and Garbage. So what if they're not goth. Does that mean I'm not a goth, Dustin?
Old 11-27-2005, 11:33 PM   #43
winged_dreams

Dustin - you're just a new breed of troll so stop whining.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
Old 11-27-2005, 11:44 PM   #44
Demonista_Ravenesque

It's funny....He named this post.

"What music do u lisen to if ur gothic like me? "

Dustin, I know you're like, one year younger and two grades away from my grade but come on! You come to gothic.net and you weren't expecting to find anyone "gothic like you".

Goddammit Dustin, you're a new breed of parasites.

When you're a bit older and your reproductive systems are actually working, I hope you get gingivitus in your cowper's gland and vas deferens.

This isn't a scene for you, you're obviously too hardcore.

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Old 11-28-2005, 06:47 AM   #45
Death101

Listen to Gothic Radio (go to www.gothicradio.com - I think), Von Richter Records - I Tunes, and any Gothic station on www.live365.com.

Myself I listen to Grigori 3, S.P.F. 1000, Nightwish, Beseech, Switchblade Symphony, Jack*Off*Jill, Cradle of Filth, etc.

You just don't listen to Gothic music - you FEEL Gothic music.

As for the classical music, Danse Macabre - Saint-Saens and Wagner <- his music has more blood.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:16 AM   #46
Disfunction

You guys are so gothic, I just shat corn flakes.

...huh... I suppose that's not very gothic of me at all...

...don't smother your kids."
Old 11-28-2005, 09:31 AM   #47
Disfunction

What about Frakenberry?

What about Booberry?

Honestly!

...don't smother your kids."
Old 11-28-2005, 12:30 PM   #48
Tanzanari

If I were "goth like you," I would probably shoot myself, having decided that life is too unbearable under the burden of ignorance of such enormous proportions. I'm just glad I'm not.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:57 PM   #49
Rosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
We've established through sociology that NO ONE is different. You are not a special and unique snowflake, there is nothing original about you or anyone else.
Well that's a pile of demeaning post-modern rubbish.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:14 PM   #50
mlwlildevil

I say music is music, listen to what you like. and only that, and don't trash bands that you don't like.

And golly gosh I'm so glad none of you considered me a troll. well, none said anything anyways <3
Closed Thread