Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 10-11-2008, 10:12 AM   #1
xxthe_crowxx

Im New

god this is annoying i cant pm n e one and im just new you all know how it goes can the noob get help
xxthe_crowxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:15 AM   #2
honeythorn

Make an introduction in the introduction section. Learn to spell, and the reason you can't PM anyone is because you do not have enough posts ( I believe the number required is around 300 - ish , please do not make pointless posts just to bump the count ) Besides, if you are new and do not know anyone, you have no need to make PM's yet anyway.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 10:17 AM   #3
xxthe_crowxx

I THINK I DO KNOW SOMEONE and please dont start that typin stuff beacuse i dont like typing long words im simple minded dont ask
Old 10-11-2008, 10:25 AM   #4
honeythorn

Well fair enough but either way you can't PM them so you'll just have to wait.

I can tell you from a lot of observation, that continuous bad spellling won't get a great reaction. It is a literary forum and most people like to ba able to read actual words. There is also a spell check on here ( and there should be one on your PC ) so calling yourself " simple minded " is not an excuse for laziness. I was "educated" (and I use that term loosely) in one of the worst schools in my area and I have no trouble using a dictionary. Neither should you.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:10 AM   #5
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
Well fair enough but either way you can't PM them so you'll just have to wait.

I can tell you from a lot of observation, that continuous bad spellling won't get a great reaction. It is a literary forum and most people like to ba able to read actual words. There is also a spell check on here ( and there should be one on your PC ) so calling yourself " simple minded " is not an excuse for laziness. I was "educated" (and I use that term loosely) in one of the worst schools in my area and I have no trouble using a dictionary. Neither should you.
Quite right, if we start making excuses for laziness in our communications now we'll end up being forced to make excuses for inability to communicate later.

There's a spellchecker on here? I've used both regular internet explorer and Firefox and while on internet explorer I saw no indication of a spellchecker, while on Firefox the only spellchecker seen is the one built into Firefox.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:47 AM   #6
honeythorn

Sorry I meant the red line that appears under a word not spelled correctly . You change it until the red line disappears.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:58 AM   #7
xxthe_crowxx

honestly i would know this and u wouldnt be quick to judge pcs (its stupid i know) but i have a 2005 model dell i have no spellchecker
and now if you have nuthin else to do but make fun of me and i clearly stated i was a noob then i would think you are to
Old 10-11-2008, 12:36 PM   #8
honeythorn

Firstly I'm not making fun of you. I'm telling you how not to irritate people and get yourself ignored or flamed. Secondly, if your PC has no spell check, this site has a function which, when you type a post, you get a red line under any miss-spelled words. Reading your posts I would confidently expect you to see a red line under half the words in your post. Dictionaries do exist in book form.

I am also not a "noob" . I've been on here over two years and used forums for far longer than that. Therefore you are in fact, wrong. I'm simply offering some plain advice to help you get on here. You certainly don't have to take it if you don't want to, but don't complain if you get more shit for your spelling and punctuation , general whingy attitude ( which is showing already ) ect ect.

At the top of each area on the forum is a stickied post that reads " For the newbies, yes that means you!! " You know what? That really DOES mean you . I suggest you read it thoroughly as it was put there specifically for people like you.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:13 PM   #9
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxthe_crowxx
dont start that typin stuff beacuse i dont like typing long words
"Because" has the same amount of letters as "beacuse", and more words than "typin", and yet you won't look like an idiot with the former.
Why do you want to PM anyway if you're new?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:55 PM   #10
Solumina

If you think that you know someone on here just post about it in the random thread such as "hey [insert name here] did you go to [insert school name here]?"

Honestly is that really so hard to think up?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:40 PM   #11
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
honestly i would know this and u wouldnt be quick to judge pcs (its stupid i know) but i have a 2005 model dell i have no spellchecker
and now if you have nuthin else to do but make fun of me and i clearly stated i was a noob then i would think you are to
You call that an old useless computer?!?!!? HA! The comp I'm on is 6 years old, and up in my room I have a windows 98. This computer didn't even come with Microsoft word standard, yet somehow we have spell check on both computers. For example you could always download Firefox which has it standard. Also neither Honeythorn nor myself were making fun of you, we were pointing out simple fact that needed attention brought to. You are merely aggravating an otherwise peaceful situation.

For your sake I suggest you calm down, before you have people all over the board angry at you.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:28 AM   #12
NightmareInShiningArmour

Quote:
I THINK I DO KNOW SOMEONE and please dont start that typin stuff beacuse i dont like typing long words im simple minded dont ask
Does this look like a simple minded forum?
Old 10-12-2008, 04:31 AM   #13
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareInShiningArmour
Does this look like a simple minded forum?
Have you seen the Literature forum lately?
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:54 AM   #14
Mir

Yeah, it's abysmal. And some guy named JCC keeps posting, prologing the misery. =(
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:53 PM   #15
NightmareInShiningArmour

Haha.
And JCC, I haven't checked the literature forum as I barely use it. I may get around to reading some threads there some day but the only literature I usually read is whatever book I have chosen.
I have seen a few posts with poems about inner darkness and stuff. I read those and I'm like... they're so gonna get flamed.

In short, no I haven't.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:26 AM   #16
ellelino

hey Crow, I think you've just broken a record in this forum for being hated as off your first post, and going into an argument with other members from the second...
Welcome aboard, hope all your threads are this exciting
ellelino is offline   Reply With Quote