Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-20-2005, 04:34 PM   #1
(-$|N-)

Public transportation

I am one of the unlucky people who does not have a family that like to take them out to get their licence so I am forced to take the bus. Anyways I was on the bus today that was coming home from my local mall, was buying stuff for grandmother and filling out job applications, anyways on my way home I had a guy who sat behind me. This guy could not just sit and enjoy the ride, he had to have a conversation. Well I can understand that but it was with himself and he had to repeat everything 4-6 times. So has anyone else experianced something like this?
(-$|N-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:35 PM   #2
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
I rather like buses. Especially when riding with friends. Anytime someone else drives me, it's a good trip.

And I saw a really cool girl on the bus once. But she didn't speak English, and I was sad.

Is usually less than the gas money for the trip would be as well.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 09:06 PM   #3
cyberJade

Sometimes, I take the bus or Bart(metro) if I want to go
some where. It's not that bad.
cyberJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 09:14 PM   #4
(-$|N-)

I mean I enjoy taking the bus except when people do not realise there doing something or they can not control themselves. I would prefer to drive just because I dislike having to be bound by a time frame.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:30 PM   #5
Sarkphagos

You are lucky to have a public transportation system. In my small hometown, they only option is to hitch-hike. Works pretty well, but not always safe. Walking isn't an option becuase anything is at least a fifteen minute drive away with no sidewalk or road shoulder. As for talkative people, a large set of earphones with music loud enough for them to here it is usually a turn off. A bit rude tho...
Sarkphagos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 09:55 PM   #6
(-$|N-)

Honestly, I am to shy to really say anything to them. I seem to have a dual personality at times which makes me rather pissed. It would be nice if I could let the personality that is not shy come out, but for some reason I tend to just keep it inside. I am open to suggestions on how to release this, I have let it out before in a social setting with mixed results and it was actually very peaceful inside then.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:55 AM   #7
thejugglingtroll

Yea.. But then I start rocking back and forth, shaking my head and mumbling something incoherent, maybe cough and pick my nose and ears ... they soon shut up and move away.

Or if it's me they try talking to I'll pretend to be mute or foriegn and not understand.
thejugglingtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 11:46 AM   #8
(-$|N-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejugglingtroll
Yea.. But then I start rocking back and forth, shaking my head and mumbling something incoherent, maybe cough and pick my nose and ears ... they soon shut up and move away.

Or if it's me they try talking to I'll pretend to be mute or foriegn and not understand.
I think that would be extreamly funny to watch.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:57 AM   #9
tiffany_the_writer

I like taking public transportation, just because I don't have to. I like taking a bus downtown, and then riding the subway from one end of it to the other. Its more of a leisure thing for me.
tiffany_the_writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 01:26 PM   #10
Samhain

Dont talk to me about public transport, I live in Dublin, Ireland and we have the worst transport system. Crappy 10 year old buses, two tram lines that don't connect and a crappy suburban rail.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 01:55 PM   #11
demoncross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain
Dont talk to me about public transport, I live in Dublin, Ireland and we have the worst transport system. Crappy 10 year old buses, two tram lines that don't connect and a crappy suburban rail.
Ooo, ooo, ooo! I win, I win!, he have 15 to 20 year old buses, we also use old discarded US school busses (you know the small ones) and get crammed with about 40 people and also collective cabs which follow a route, the four door models fit 6 passengers the five door model fits 9 or even 10 people, so there.
demoncross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 02:10 PM   #12
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by demoncross
Ooo, ooo, ooo! I win, I win!, we have 15 to 20 year old buses, we also use old discarded US school busses (you know the small ones) and get crammed with about 40 people and also collective cabs which follow a route, the four door models fit 6 passengers the five door model fits 9 or even 10 people, so there.
Please forgive me for the following;

I have a crappy 01 Corolla so I really can't relate to the whole " Public Transportation Sucks My Left Nut " thing..

So uhh...
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10...rs/anlaugh.gif
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 02:22 PM   #13
demoncross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
I have a crappy 01 Corolla so I really can't relate to the whole " Public Transportation Sucks My Left Nut " thing..

So uhh...
I have a '90 VW Jetta, 2 door. It runs like hell (when it runs) but lately it keeps breaking down a lot. So I should be getting a new VW soon
demoncross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 02:53 PM   #14
punkirony

Ug. My Toyota Pick up is boken. Now my mother and I have to share her car. It sucks, but oh well. The island that I live on has no real public transportation.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:27 PM   #15
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkirony
Ug. My Toyota Pick up is broken. Now my mother and I have to share her car. It sucks, but oh well. The island that I live on has no real public transportation.
Man, if I lived on any ONE of the Hawaiian islands I could drive a hot wheel around and I wouldn't care..

A good friend of my families, has a large ranch in the mountains on Kona, she keeps begging me to visit, but the airfare is Hella exspensive..

Sigh..

You Lucky Girlie!!
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 03:50 PM   #16
punkirony

Heehee! Y'all may think that I'm lucky. Well...I kinda am! Heh! But Moloka'i gets really boring. There's not much to do except, homework, sitting at the computer, sitting at the T.V., sitting around at the beach, or sitting around watching my friends skateboard. Dammit! I do a whole lot of sitting around! Teehee! BUT, I'm going over to Maui the day after tomorrow. That will be fun. The Maui county fair starts on Friday! Yay! Less boredom for Jessie! My boyfriend's on The Big Island (Island of Hawai'i) and he's freaking out because I just went to Maui last weekend. Heehee!

But hey...back to the thread....Going to Maui means that I will be surrounded by public transportation! Heehee! Ug. ::sigh::
Old 09-27-2005, 06:51 PM   #17
(-$|N-)

Well public trans is not that bad, it just costs me 5 bucks for going to and from work everyday plus lunch my frist 2 hours are cunsomed by gettting there and getting food. Hopefully my uncle will not be a doosh to me and give me the bus pass he gets free every month.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:20 PM   #18
AlKilyu

doosh? I love it!

Man I filled my tank yesterday: $44.50. Granted it doesn't consume a lot of gas for a V6 but dang, that was a surprise...
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 08:49 PM   #19
Bodnoirbabe

Wait a minute. Was he talking to you or to himself? How come you didn't just move and ignore him?

Anyhow, i remember having to take the bus a few times. It took me two hours to go a distance of twenty miles. SO not fucking cool. I try to avoid it as much as possible. I have a new car, so that helps out a lot. LOL.
Bodnoirbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 06:48 PM   #20
punkirony

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Man I filled my tank yesterday: $44.50. Granted it doesn't consume a lot of gas for a V6 but dang, that was a surprise...
My truck takes over $50 to fill up now. The gas prices were up to $4.03 per gallon on Moloka'i. But luckily, it went down to $3.56 last week. Every cent counts! But on Lana'i, the prices are way worse. Living on rural islands isn't good price wise. Everything for us is way more expensive than things on the more urban islands and on the mainland. Ug...so sad.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:39 PM   #21
Binkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by (-$|N-)
Well public trans is not that bad, it just costs me 5 bucks for going to and from work everyday
What do you do? Take two different buses one way?

Riding on any of Pittsburgh's fine Port Authority transit systems means you're always in for a treat, but it's never as entertaining as when you ride on one of the buses from downtown at, oh say, 11pm. That's when you get the loud mouthed drunks that end up getting their asses kick off the bus half way to their destination cause the drivers really don't put up with their crap. Funny, because the drunks always fit the same profile nearly every single time you run into them on a bus in that city (White male between the ages of 45-65 with beat up looking clothes).
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 05:38 PM   #22
(-$|N-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkie
What do you do? Take two different buses one way?

Riding on any of Pittsburgh's fine Port Authority transit systems means you're always in for a treat, but it's never as entertaining as when you ride on one of the buses from downtown at, oh say, 11pm. That's when you get the loud mouthed drunks that end up getting their asses kick off the bus half way to their destination cause the drivers really don't put up with their crap. Funny, because the drunks always fit the same profile nearly every single time you run into them on a bus in that city (White male between the ages of 45-65 with beat up looking clothes).
Yea, I do take 2 buses and it takes about 2 hours to get to work and 2 hours to get home so im doing a 12 hour day for a 8 hour day. When I work til after close I get to meet all the 11pm drunks on the way up from south side, they are rather funny, the only problem is I can not stand the loud people at 6 in the morning. Specially when you have only had about 4-5 hours of sleep for last few nights.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:14 PM   #23
Binkie

The southside, huh? Lol. What bus were you on? 51C? That one's notorious as hell for the loud and disorderly drunks late at night. :P
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 10:42 PM   #24
Demonista_Ravenesque

Well....I take busses nowadays...With the petrol prices soaring and all, It's just easier on my parents who drive me around.

Hier sind doch irgendwo kinder versteckt
Demonista_Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 04:46 PM   #25
Rosie

Quote:
You've obviously never been to Limerick, then.
Rosie is offline   Reply With Quote