Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:56 PM   #1
Necromance

What did you watch when you were a kid?

What shows were on when you were little? What were your favorites?

I really loved the Nickelodeon shows. I remember Double Dare, The Adventures of Pete and Pete, Are you Afraid of the Dark, the Beetlejuice cartoon, Doug, Rocko, Salute Your Shorts, Hey Arnold, and of course, Rugrats.

I'm not sure everyone's age in this forum, but perhaps there are many different ages groups in here. I'd be very intersted to learn what was popular in the 80's, 70's, and 60's.
Necromance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:46 AM   #2
Cicero

A lot of the places we lived we didn't have regular TV so I relied on videos my parents recorded off the TV in the 80's. This included Monty Python's Flying Circus, the Young Ones and later on Red Dwarf and Blackadder. There was also this show about GPs that I only remember because I had a crush on this guy who ended up dying of a heroin overdose, and I only remember that because my mother had to explain to me why he was lying in a pool of his own vomit...

Oh and I really liked that old Batman series! Robin was quite the effeminate hottie.

On the few occasions we had cable I was very into the Simpsons, Rocko's Modern Life and Medical Detectives on the Discovery Channel for some reason.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:53 AM   #3
Jack again

I watched The Young Ones and Black Adder too when I was young. I watched a lot of Wallace and Gromit. My dad made me watch the Dangerous Brothers, I loved them : D . Watched Blot on the Landscape too. Good times...
Jack again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:23 PM   #4
Lady_Alyce

Location: A lovely place where the humidity melts your makeup off.
I watched a now retired tv show called "So Weird" when I was younger. It was about a girl who constantly faces paranormal activities. I also watched "Arthur" which was about an eight-year-old aardvark in third grade. Those were my favorites.
As far as regular television when I was a little girl, I was mainly stuck on PBS kids, Discovery, Animal Planet, and Disney Channel.
Lady_Alyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:32 PM   #5
Malice In Wonderland

I watched The Young Ones, The Trap Door, Doctor Who and Post Man Pat

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:49 PM   #6
RozzVanian

My favorite movies as a toddler were "Wayne's World", "Land Before Time", and "Back To The Future".

Anything with Michael J. Fox actually, he was my favorite actor back then.

My favorite shows from Childhood were "Rugrats", "Ninja Turtles", "Goosebumps", "Are You Afraid Of The Dark?", and "All That".

I love old Nickelodeon. Kenan and Kel was another one of my favorites.
RozzVanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:51 PM   #7
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
In the early 60's Saturday mornings for me it was Felix the Cat, Thunderball XL5, Bugs Bunny, the Jetsons, The Flintstones, Romper Room, Hobo Kelly, The Road Runner and Sheriff John.

In the evenings it was Mission Impossible (Leslie Ann Warren! Oh La La!) Outer Limits, Lost in Space, Time Tunnel, Union Carbide's 21st Century (documentary series about the future narrated by Walter Cronkite) and the original Star Trek.

Oh, and Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:23 PM   #8
JCC

Jackie Chan Adventures. I still love that shit, I watched six episodes of it yesterday on YouTube. Maybe I'll buy the DVD.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:34 PM   #9
Beneath the Shadows

Ninja Turtles. Ghostbusters. Star Trek. Those were my three biggest favorites.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:57 PM   #10
Pantherlette086

X Men cartoon, Ninja Turtles, Aahhh!!!! Real Monsters, Doug, Are You Afraid of the Dark?, The Secret World of Alex Mack, Animorphs, Power Rangers. That's all I can think of now.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:59 PM   #11
Pantherlette086

Quote:
Originally Posted by RozzVanian View Post
My favorite movies as a toddler were "Wayne's World", "Land Before Time", and "Back To The Future".

Anything with Michael J. Fox actually, he was my favorite actor back then.

My favorite shows from Childhood were "Rugrats", "Ninja Turtles", "Goosebumps", "Are You Afraid Of The Dark?", and "All That".

I love old Nickelodeon. Kenan and Kel was another one of my favorites.
I forgot about Kenan and Kel and All That! SNICK was awesome!
Old 04-25-2009, 04:13 PM   #12
Mag

Beetlejuice, Jem and the Holograms, soaps, fashion TV, The Addams Family and the Munsters... Those were my shows all through out my childhood up until high school, then I lost interest in watching TV and rent movies...
Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:55 PM   #13
IBreatheJoeyJordison

Power Rangers!
IBreatheJoeyJordison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:44 AM   #14
SiouxsiePernova

Some of my favourites were "The Addams Family", "The Munsters", "Captain Planet" and "The Simpsons".
SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 02:40 PM   #15
Miss Ambient Cloud-Waters

Courage the Cowardly Dog, Rurouni Kenshin, Zoids and other old Cartoon Network shows that were good (well, to me at least).
Miss Ambient Cloud-Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:12 AM   #16
Swest

Babar
The Adventures of Tintin
Little Lulu
Under the Umbrella Tree
David the Gnome
Swest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:55 PM   #17
Mike Rose

Knight Raider, The A team, Muppet show and Benny Hill show was among my favorits

Last edited by Mike Rose; 07-21-2009 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Thought about more of my shows back then.
Mike Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:41 PM   #18
Saya

I watched a horrible amount of tv as a kid. When I was really really little I remember watching Hello Kitty, Astro Boy, Samurai Pizza Cats, Maya The Bee, The Muppet Show, Mr. Dressup, Sharon, Lois & Bram's Elephant Show, Under The Umbrella Tree, Lamb Chop's Play-Along, Fraggle Rock, The Polka Dot Door and Fred Penner's Place. You know the only thing I remember about the Polka Dot Door is the theme song.

When I got older my favourite show was Gargoyles and its the only show I remember my mom would like watching with me, I really loved Disney's Afternoon in general, but I also watched Sailor Moon, Rocko's Modern Life, Looney Tunes, Tiny Toons, Kassai and Leuk, Batman: The Animated Series, Spiderman, Freakazoid, Animaniacs, Pinky And The Brain, Felix The Cat, Rugrats, Earthworm Jim and of course The Simpsons. But my brother once got really freaked out by the clown bed episode and Mom wouldn't let us watch it at all because of that for a long time.

But we were allowed to watch Star Trek: The Next Generation with her o.O
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 05:16 PM   #19
Knight in Shining Armour

I distinctly remember Pokemon, Power Rangers, Sailor Moon, and Goosebumps.

I also vaguely remember watching Blue Gender with my mother... vaguely.

Personally, I'd rather had been reading a book than watching T.V.
Knight in Shining Armour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:12 AM   #20
Needlefeet

I used to watch The Young Ones, Pokemon, Courage the Cowardly Dog, The Addams Family. A bunch of other stuff.
Fuck I love the Young Ones.
Needlefeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:23 AM   #21
SandyTree

He-man
Count Duckula
SandyTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:29 PM   #22
Saya

I feel bad for leaving out Bill Nye The Science Guy, Magic School Bus and Kratts' Creatures. I owned a lot of Kratts' books too, that was my favourite. I got a fear of hippos after they sent their dummy Ken down a river and the hippos destroyed him and his boat.

And I hate this thread now because after I remembered Sharon, Lois and Bram this has been stuck in my head:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEEsX...eature=related

It will not leave and I'm horrified that I remember the words.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:20 PM   #23
Sir Canvas Corpsey

What was that show where this group of people would travel to all different times and realities via a big blue vortex thingy? Was that Time Tunnel or something?

Lesse now...
Pokemon, Zoids, Count Duckula, Rocko's Modern Life, Aaaaah! Real Monsters, Cardcaptors, The Guyver, Daria, The Trap Door, Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040, Sailor Moon, Rugrats, The Simpsons, X-Men, Alex Mack... and a whole bunch more I can't remember. SBS was always good on Saturday and Sunday nights.

OH! and... GLADIATORS!!!!! <3
Old 07-23-2009, 02:16 AM   #24
Alarica

Knight rider, The A-team, Airwolf, Dukes of Hazzard, Terrahawks, Tripods, Dr Who...

From when I was very little (showing my age now) - The herbs, Bagpus, The wombles, Trap door, Ulyses, Thundercats, He-man, Dungeons and dragons, Fraggle rock (and I still do - I have a box set on dvd), Cities of gold, The Muppets, Rainbow, Black beauty, Lassie.......

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:42 PM   #25
Pantherlette086

I need to add Goosebumps, Captain Planet and Scooby Doo on my list.