Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:54 PM   #51
isobel black

Fizzy drinks are a definite no-no when minding your weight.

We happened to see my cousin the other day and noticed he had really lost a lot of weight. He wasn't fat before but had just gotten way thinner. Apparently the only thing he did was stop drinking coke.

I consider myself lucky, I really like water and hardly drink anything else. I'm a bit wary of the artificial sweeteners in diet drinks.
isobel black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:14 PM   #52
Serren

I lost about 2 stone through eating more healthily and exercising. My weight then stabilized with quite a lot still to loose, so the last 5 weeks I've been doing slimming world, and lost about I think 11 pounds. It is complicated faddy, and I also hate all the clapping thing in group (I won slimmer of the week this week, I was so embarrassed). However I haven't been hungry at all since starting it, and I've found it easier to stick to cos of that.

Eating breakfast and regular meals through the day is good. I used to hate water but I forced myself to drink it, after about a month I got used to it.

I occasionally drink diet coke, or other diet drinks. They aren't that good for you but I find the occasional one OK.
Serren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:43 PM   #53
$haDe

Skip your lunch.

Try some calories mate. In this way it'll assure you that all your income energy will be used.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:49 PM   #54
Duane

I could just replace breakfast with a healthy meal instead of just 3 bowls of cereal.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:51 PM   #55
Cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
I think I can do food, but it's hard for me to give up my Coke; I think that it's my 'comfort drink', since I don't really have a comfort food, and it's what I crave whenever I'm severely stressed out. But, I'm sure it's not impossible to phase out of my diet.

Anyone know if flavored water is any better or worse than regular water? [I really REALLY despise the taste of plain water most of the time, so giving it a little kick would help TONS.]
Nothing is better than regular water, and flavorings will usually be packed with sugar or aspartame, so they aren't much better than drinking coke. It's probably a good idea to just get yourself used to it, it'll do you a lot of good in the long run.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:00 PM   #56
AngelikDemonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
EVERYONE.

STOP FUCKING TELLING PEOPLE TO SKIP MEALS.
You don't know how metabolism works if you say that, so you're in no position to tell people how to lose weight.

Thank you. The voice of reason has spoke. Digesting food, in itself, burns calories.

On to other questions--Flavored water generally contained aspartame which is very bad for you (as does diet soda). I still drink it, though. If you want to go the healthier route, squeeze some lemon or some orange into your water. Or get some flavored tea and just chill/add ice to it. Also, while you can't lose weight by just doing this, your body burns more energy when you drink cold drinks because it has to heat them up to body temp.

Cooked vegetables will not have as much vitamins in them as fresh vegetables.

Please keep in mind, though--You do need a certain amount of fat and sugar in your diet to keep your body running.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:14 PM   #57
$haDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
EVERYONE.

STOP FUCKING TELLING PEOPLE TO SKIP MEALS.
You don't know how metabolism works if you say that, so you're in no position to tell people how to lose weight.
Oh! I didn't see that. Sorry...

Calories mate is my best choice, so far.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:44 PM   #58
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
I drink about 3 of those ((I don't know the exact)) 12-14 ounce bottles a day. As a treat... might work.
Dude.
You realize you're drinking nearly 1000 Calories that way, right?
That's more than half of what you should be consuming if you want to lose weight.

Good luck with that.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:56 PM   #59
Duane

Nearly 1000 calories? Fuck... man I'm going to have to give up soda.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:11 PM   #60
nis~sijai

As far as diet soda goes, thats a no-no for weight loss. It's been linked to weight gain, so I'm pretty sure that those water-flavorings aren't much better.

And Duane, if you really want to lose weight, but want to drink coke, maybe you should switch to Arizona Iced Tea (the ones with juice are pretty sweet) they generally come in larger cans and have less calories. However they do have a lot of sugar, but not as much as a coke anyway.
nis~sijai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:14 PM   #61
Duane

I'll stick with water, it doesn't taste better, but it'll help me in the long run with realizing my dream.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:43 PM   #62
Solumina

You may want to try cutting back gradually so that you don't have cravings, also some people seem to get addicted to the carbonation so you may want to try sparkling water, if you aren't a fan of the taste then mix it with some fruit juice.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:50 PM   #63
Duane

I have been cutting back gradually. See, I used to put down some 20's of soda, a couple of bear claws sometimes, those little meat snack and shit. When I was pigging out, this totally hot Romanian woman walked in and I felt embarrased like hell. So I began to cut back, and slowly added some excersizing into my day to day schedule. I just hit a wall when I found that I gained weight back after seeing that I've lost 7 pounds, but then I guess I was just too excited to think that maybe, just maybe the scale fucked up.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:53 PM   #64
tekajo

Is there like a summer migration of hot Romanian women there in the desert?
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:58 PM   #65
Duane

For some reason, yes. Well, Romanian/Polish/Brazilian/and Russian, as well.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:01 PM   #66
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife
Start cooking yourself and don't buy ready made meals. Their full of shit you don't really need in your body. Don't drink soft drinks full of sugar and aspartame.
Excellent advice! It is loaded full of all kinds of junk.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:02 PM   #67
tekajo

Where do you live? That sounds like it could be a fun summer vacation spot.

My grandma has an awesome diet. Push Your Ass Away From The Table Diet. The most effective one i've seen was called Skaluminum by one of my uncles...you don't want none of that.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:47 AM   #68
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serren
I've been doing slimming world, and lost about I think 11 pounds. It is complicated faddy, and I also hate all the clapping thing in group (I won slimmer of the week this week, I was so embarrassed). However I haven't been hungry at all since starting it, and I've found it easier to stick to cos of that.

That's what I went to. Didn't work for me. It's far too complicated IMO, and I also hate the clapping ect.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:56 AM   #69
Geoluhread

Chew sugar-free gum.
People sometimes just need to chew, so they go eat food.
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:38 AM   #70
Minyaliel

Um, I actually envy you for having that problem. My everyday life is a struggle -not- to loose any more weight than I already have, or I´ll go underweight. I tend to eat a lot of cheap veggies like cabbage, potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and swedes and a lot of rice and that kind of stuff. I always cook everything from base, with the possible exception of pizza (if I somehow get the money to buy such things - I live on an extremely tight student budget). I always have fresh goods. I´m a vegan, but most of you probably knew that. I actually have to gorge myself on avocadoes and other fatty foods to avoid malnutrition... now -that- feels weird, especially when the rest of the world complain of being too fat and how they want to stop eating so much fattening foods.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:26 AM   #71
Necrophagist

Yes well fatties are bullied for being fat.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:32 AM   #72
honeythorn

Well spotted.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:29 AM   #73
Duane

I was unaware of this little fact, thank you for pointing it out.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:12 AM   #74
Necrophagist

She was wondering why people don't like being overweight.

Stop failing at wit.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 10:15 AM   #75
Duane

God damn, I thought this stupid shit ended weeks ago... I'm calling quits on this fight with Necro, it's stupid as fuck.