Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:19 PM   #1
wonderland

An intro, before I begin crashing all of your conversations

Being a new kid makes me incredibly nervous, so I'm sticking to the posted questions...

01. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

I'm a professional computer geek, lucky enough to work for a company that tolerates my fondness for fishnet and lace. When I'm not telling people to stop hacking their phones, I'm usually taking pictures, cooking, or compulsively compiling books and music.

02. Where are you from?

San Diego originally, Atlanta for now.

03. Who is your favorite author?

I'm going to pretend that last word is plural. Margaret Atwood, Bram Stoker, Poppy Z. Brite, Oscar Wilde, Tolstoy, Jane Austen, Henry Miller, Vladimir Nabokov, Mellville, Jhonen Vasquez, D.H. Lawrence, Sylvia Plath, and many I'm forgetting, I'm sure.

04. What are your favorite films?

The Third Man, Corpse Bride, Amelie, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, The Exorcist, Donnie Darko, The Hunger, L'Homme de Train, and The Rocky Horror Picture Show, but only if it's live.

05. What music do you want played at your wedding?

I...have no idea.

06. At your funeral?

Well, I'll be dead. So I don't care all that much. Possibly Die, Die Darling...just because I can.

07. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

I want to be drained of all my blood while wearing a black corset on a bed of dying rose petals, by a dark and mysterious vampire. Duh.

08. What kind of casket would you want?

Ideally, I'd like to be cremated and tossed into the water at Ocean Beach. Not so gothic, but it takes up a lot less space.

09. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

A pencil skirt and a corset are a rather fetching combination. Particularly when combined with pin-up-style shoes and a leash.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

I'm obsessed with fairy tales, and with anything related to Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. When I was 8, this was considered adorable. Now, I get funny looks for deciding I want to be Alice for a day.

11. What's your favorite band?

Again, pretending it's plural. Type O Negative and Bauhaus share the favorite spot. Also quite the fan of Sisters of Mercy, E Nomine, Collide, Emilie Autumn, The Doors, The Cramps, Black Label Society, kidneythieves, :wumpscut:, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Alien Sex Fiend, Ministry, Snake River Conspiracy, Midnight Syndicate, and Bob Dylan. Yeah, I know the last one is strange. But the voice! (Also, having read a couple previous intro threads, I'm gonna go ahead and say I totally know that many of those are not gothic bands.)

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

I'm a Poli Sci major, planning to go into environmental lobbying or the law division of my current company. Or possibly open a sex shop with a friend. So the options are pretty open.

13. Why did you join?

Because my boyfriend listens to annoying indie music and reads happy books. I'm hoping to find some people willing to discuss the awesomeness of Peter Murphy and Victorian fashion...

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

Female.
wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:22 PM   #2
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderland
13. Why did you join?

Because my boyfriend listens to annoying indie music and reads happy books. I'm hoping to find some people willing to discuss the awesomeness of Peter Murphy and Victorian fashion.
I like having somone like you here but are you looking for advice on how to dump him?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:23 PM   #3
††BlackRose††

Welcome to the boards!!! You have a very interesting list of bands. And I like your preferred way to die. I would ask the vampire to make me one too though.
††BlackRose†† is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:32 PM   #4
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Gotta agree, living forever in a risk free world where you are free to kill all the airheads that get on your nerves. Not to mention consuming such a lovely colored warm liquid in such a manner seems only fit for the erotic foreplay of gods.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:55 PM   #5
dark_dragon_of_ice

You are awesome.
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:50 AM   #6
††BlackRose††

Nicely put Renatus. It's true though.
††BlackRose†† is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:41 AM   #7
Necropolis

You've got some good bands listed up there.

I saw Rocky live once; it was awesome. I'm getting ready to see The Woman In Black play and I could not be more excited.
Necropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:25 AM   #8
d.Nox

I like you already. Welcome!
d.Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:57 AM   #9
OCD Insomnia

Wow, I didn't feel one bit annoyed while reading this... that's a good start.
OCD Insomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 11:20 AM   #10
Bete Noire

Welcome!!! You have really good taste in just about everything
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 11:44 AM   #11
viscus

I have decided that you are cool.

Welcome.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:37 PM   #12
wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necropolis
I saw Rocky live once; it was awesome. I'm getting ready to see The Woman In Black play and I could not be more excited.
I went to Rocky Horror every week for almost five years...that movie is embedded into my subconscious, I swear. The Woman in Black is supposed to be amazing, I'm jealous!
Old 10-03-2007, 08:47 PM   #13
Uncle Smoov

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCD Insomnia
Wow, I didn't feel one bit annoyed while reading this... that's a good start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by viscus
I have decided that you are cool.

Welcome.
By my regal decree you are henceforth given allowance to the usage of gothic.net. You've made an adequate first impression, and as Viscous and that other person have made clear to you (if our assumptions about your intellect hold), you'll relish as to how very lucky you are to have made it thus far without being shoved outside into the snow, where the average introductor and introductrix find their cold and homely keisters. Just a word of warning before you get too comfortable: don't blow it.
Uncle Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:15 PM   #14
biohazard

Welcome to the boards. Awesome taste in music.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:42 AM   #15
delicti

Welcome to G-net.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:05 AM   #16
Touch of Ink

Location: Pond Path, East Setauket, NY, 11733, US (Come Serial Killers, Come)
I've attempted to go to Rocky Horror with friends Five times, and each time it's been cancelled or I had to do something else. To this day I'm still a RH Virgin, I haven't even Masturbated yet.

---

-Smiles- I was hoping I'd meet someone who was into EGA or EGL here, I do a lot of Victorian Styles, do you do shoots? Can check my space : z_Wt
Touch of Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:35 PM   #17
Graveyard.Crow

The girl kissed all your asses, so yeah she's welcome.
As for me, I'm just welcoming you as a human being, not because your band list satisfied my standards.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:39 PM   #18
Graveyard.Crow

HOWEVER
Midnight Syndicate is pretty much one of the only band that plays the exact music I like, only they don't have a singer which is their only draw back in my eyes.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:56 PM   #19
StasisInDarkness

Welcome...I'm a bit of a corset-whore myself...We shall get along splendidly!
StasisInDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:26 PM   #20
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Bob Dylan. Yeah, I know the last one is strange.
Never apologize for liking Bob Dylan!
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:25 PM   #21
Stuporman

Bram Stoker, huh? Ever read Lair of the White Worm, or see the vaguely similar B-movie adaptation?
Stuporman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:13 PM   #22
wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuporman
Bram Stoker, huh? Ever read Lair of the White Worm, or see the vaguely similar B-movie adaptation?
I actually just got my hands on a freakishly huge collection of his work last weekend. It includes Lair, one of the few I haven't read already...should I be really excited about that one?
Old 10-05-2007, 11:02 PM   #23
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Smoov
By my regal decree you are henceforth given allowance to the usage of gothic.net. You've made an adequate first impression, and as Viscous and that other person have made clear to you (if our assumptions about your intellect hold), you'll relish as to how very lucky you are to have made it thus far without being shoved outside into the snow, where the average introductor and introductrix find their cold and homely keisters. Just a word of warning before you get too comfortable: don't blow it.
You are no where near as funny or clever as you think you are.

But yes, to the poster, Tolstoy? seriously? ok then....

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:30 PM   #24
Stuporman

Quote:
I actually just got my hands on a freakishly huge collection of his work last weekend. It includes Lair, one of the few I haven't read already...should I be really excited about that one?
Your heart should be palpitating with excitement. It does have the same sort of formula as Dracula and as a result seems kind of like a one-hit-wonder's other song. On the other hand, I haven't read anything of ol' Brammy's besides those two, so that might just be how he rolls. In any case, it adapts folklore directly into the story. In this case it's the Lambton Worm, a little well-eel that grew into a big hill-eel.
Stuporman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 06:04 AM   #25
wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuporman
Your heart should be palpitating with excitement. It does have the same sort of formula as Dracula and as a result seems kind of like a one-hit-wonder's other song. On the other hand, I haven't read anything of ol' Brammy's besides those two, so that might just be how he rolls. In any case, it adapts folklore directly into the story. In this case it's the Lambton Worm, a little well-eel that grew into a big hill-eel.
I'm officially excited, perhaps I'll cheat, skip to the back, and read that one first! My problem is that the book weighs as much as a small house, and so is very difficult to carry around with me. I can only really read it at home, and I'm rarely there. I wonder how my boss would feel about me taking a day off work to read creepy stories, in honor of Halloween...

Wormboy...yes, I'm a huge Tolstoy fan. Is that good, or bad?