Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-29-2005, 07:21 AM   #26
the_cold_exile

Thumbs down cold

thewinds of trust blow hard apon u.
1 step forwers 20 stepes back.
each step more painfull.
each step more cripling.each 1 more......cold.
the_cold_exile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 06:02 PM   #27
MrMaelstrom

Look, kid, it's "steps" and not "stepes", but that was a typo, I guess...

But "more cold"? You kidding me?

Read some books, pleeeeeease.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:27 AM   #28
thetiesonyourcorset

Hahahahahaha!! Lmfao
thetiesonyourcorset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 02:01 AM   #29
talon

So i guess this "goth in less than an hour" doesn't exist, but maddox does. that is something that is for sure. Isn't it so exciting!
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 02:27 AM   #30
talon

oh and when maddox says "it's the best page in the universe", he's telling the truth. i haven't laughed enough to make myself cry in too long. this guy has the widest vocabulary i have ever seen.
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 08:44 AM   #31
MrMaelstrom

And I especially love how he rips on goths. I think I'm gonna link his page to the next inflow of teen morons who just watched the latest hollywood flick with chicks wearing PVC and want to know how to "turn" goth.... It should do the trick....
Old 01-03-2006, 12:27 AM   #32
missbites

hey xnguela... with your previous quote from your play?Y ah know what? MY name is Caroline......weird, and slightly scary.
missbites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 03:24 PM   #33
FenrisQueen

Gee, I wish my mom loved me that much. I'm just named after a drug!
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
FenrisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 03:57 PM   #34
AlKilyu

That doesn't mean she loves you any less, Propecia.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 04:16 PM   #35
FenrisQueen

Hairloss medication? Really Al, we could be a bit more creative. Something at least along the lines of morphine. How cheap do you think I am?
For your information, I was named after methamphetamines.
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
FenrisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 04:21 PM   #36
missbites

You have a great point there xnguela, why didn't I see that before? Of course my parents wanted me to be shot by poisonous arrows and be screwed by my lover so he could be poisoned as well! Thank you Xnguela, you solved the mystery of why I was named Caroline!
missbites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 10:35 PM   #37
WolfMoon

*knocks poisoned arrow*
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 07:01 AM   #38
Bete Noire

*knocks poisoned arrow*
It's "nocks" not "knocks". I'm an archery fanatic......

What have I done? Correcting someone bigger/better/cleverer than me must be some form of suicide. My little babybat mind must be failing ...... *Hides from the flames*
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 09:34 AM   #39
Arc_Avalo

Oh, dear lord! Not another one of these! Don't worry, though. This one actually makes sense. It tells the ultimate truth about goth. If there's anything with which you disagree, feel free to discuss it.

First and foremost: Don't try to define goth, because it can't be defined! (I should know)Everyone has their own opinion of what the subculture means to them, but it doesn't mean their opinion is the ultimate truth.

The music: The subculture has many different, unique aspects to it, and music is one. Gothrock, deathrock, darkwave, industrial, and more are the signature genres that dominate the gothic music scene. Some of the most renowned bands within the scene are: Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Christian Death, and Joy Division.

The mainstream media gets the wrong idea about gothic music. They'll label bands like Marilyn Manson, Slipknot, and Korn gothic because of their image, but these bands have nothing to do with the gothic musical genres. Get that drilled into your head and don't forget it. If you claim any band is "goth" that obviously isn't, you'll get flamed.

Despite the fact that there are certain "gothic" bands and music out there, all goths listen to different things. Some of us like classical, some of us metal, and some of us rap. We all have different tastes. Just because a band has been labeled "gothic" doesn't mean that goths listen to it, and it doesn't mean that listening to it makes you any more (or less) goth. It's fine if you listen to Korn or Manson, some goths happen to like them. Just don't claim they're gothic.

The Fashion: The most important thing to remember here is... whatever. Wear whatever the hell you want. You don't have to dress stereotypically goth to be recognized as one, neither do you have to wear black at all. This may mean that people don't perceive you as "goth", but remember, you know, and that should be enough.

The literature: Many goths enjoy reading regularly. The works that are considered gothic usually deal with the morbid, the afterlife, death, and such. Notable authors are Edgar Allen Poe and Anne Rice. Read up on them if you want to get into some dark literature. Just like the music, we all read different things, regardless whether they're considered "gothic".

The poseurs: You'll find many poseurs/posers (also called babybats, mansonites, spooky kids, etc.) in the subculture, but you'll just have to live with them. The truth is, you don't really know someone's a poser until you KNOW them. I myself dress very stereotypically, and I know several people across the globe that do, yet they're still goth. How do I know this? Well, a poser is someone that joins a certain clique, scene, or subculture because they want to fit into the crowd and be accepted. These people and myself could really care less if we're considered cool. In fact, we're very opposed to the idea of mainstream. We don't let what's "cool" dictate our lives. You shouldn't either, because that's what a poseur is. Unlike goth, a poseur is very easy to define.

Last words: Just remember to be yourself. If other goths reject you for that, just be mature about it. You're going to come across assholes in any subculture. You'll just have to live with them.
Arc_Avalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:58 AM   #40
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete Noire
*knocks poisoned arrow*
It's "nocks" not "knocks". I'm an archery fanatic......

What have I done? Correcting someone bigger/better/cleverer than me must be some form of suicide. My little babybat mind must be failing ...... *Hides from the flames*
Uh, nock-nock.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 01:35 PM   #41
Vorsuc

Here is is, thanks to archive.org

Gothic.net - How to be Goth in less than an hour

not all that funny...
Vorsuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 11:54 PM   #42
Sanctus Dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Avalo
Oh, dear lord! Not another one of these! Don't worry, though. This one actually makes sense. It tells the ultimate truth about goth. If there's anything with which you disagree, feel free to discuss it.

First and foremost: BLAH BLAH BLAH...

Last words: etc etc....

OH dear lord not another "How to define Goth" Post by Arc_Avalo?!

Seriously, you silly prophecy 'o' goth culture spewing ass lick.. I donna' mean to be disrespectful... wait, no actually I do, SHUT THE HELLA FUCK UP!! WE GET IT... your Goth, great... here's a god damn cookie. Now do us a favor and quit rehashing your same tired “Goth is” speech over and over it's a waste of fucking time and your quite honestly trying my patience. Besides, I know you must have something (anything?) more intellegent to disscuss with the rest of us big people in that wee gothy goth skull of yours, yes?

PS.. To the rest of you, sorry if my more then blunt nature is offending anyone I didn't intend.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 11:58 PM   #43
JuliaGaltic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus Dei
...I know you must have something (anything?) more intellegent to disscuss with the rest of us big people in that wee gothy goth skull of yours, yes?
You give it too much credit Sanctus...
Old 01-20-2006, 12:00 AM   #44
Sanctus Dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaGaltic
You give it too much credit Sanctus...

Yea, silly me.

Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

Old 01-20-2006, 11:50 AM   #45
Arc_Avalo

No matter how much sense my opinions on the culture make, none of you ever say "You know, you're on the right track." I have seen people on here expressing the very same opinions as mine, and they get their asses kissed. But when it comes to someone younger than you, you're objected to not support them, no matter how much sense they make. I see n00bs come in here and get shot down all the time, just because they're younger than all the full-of-themselves "goths" in these forums. In order to survive on these forums and actually get a little respect, here's what you have to do: 1.Be a doormat for everyone who would walk all over you. Even if they say the most ignorant, biased thing possible, agree with them. 2.Be the biggest ass-kisser around. Brown nose EVERYONE (except people younger than you of course) so you can gain some "friends". 3.Be a bully to any n00bs or anyone younger than you. Follow these three simple steps, and you'll quickly be known as the biggest "gawth" around. Oh, and be sure to spew out big, intelligent words like "fuck", "ass" and "cunt" to anyone whose ideas don't agree with yours. It's a really mature thing to do. And when someone finally gets fed up enough with all the hypocrisies and bullying of the forums, (which happens ALL the time)just play it cool and act like it doesn't bother you. Just say "good riddance" and don't actually consider why the person left. Also, be sure that you don't try to define the culture that most of the people in the forums belong to. If you've been a total immature bully, then of course, it doesn't matter what you say. People will kiss your ass no matter what. Otherwise, it doesn't matter if everyone in the entire forums agree with you, you'll still receive a lot of insults; the kind that four-year-olds spew out when they get mad.
Is anyone in these forums actually goth? Maybe, but I couldn't care less. I do know that most of the people on these forums are insecurem little children trapped inside the bodies of adults. So I'm going to close with a few words of wisdom that are considerably more mature than any of yours: I'm rubber, you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and knocks you off your high horse. Good riddance, indeed. Seriously, get a life, and stop pretending you're the divine authority of goth.
Arc_Avalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 12:08 PM   #46
tekajo

"If I leave here tomorrow, would still remember me?"
The short answer? No.

i can't speak for the rest of Gothic.net, but i frankly don't give a fuck if you leave or bed down for a decade's worth of fucking. It matters to me not one bit.

i've been a member of this forum for almost three years now and there is always someone coming in and trying to define what it is to be gothic. Not only do they try to define something that is ever evolving, they try to force upon me the ultimate guide to be goth.

Month after ever loving god fucking month it happens. That is why we have the "mega threads".

i had an entire spiel for you, but the flu kinda takes the energy out of you so instead i'll give you the advice you gave us:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yet Another Fucktard Who Tried To Define Goth
Good riddance, indeed. Seriously, get a life, and stop pretending you're the divine authority of goth.
Thank You.
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 03:09 PM   #47
JuliaGaltic

Quote:
..So I'm going to close with a few words of wisdom...
Bwahahahaha.... oh, my stomach. Please stop it hurts!

Hahahaha.. ok, better now.

Out of its posts, this sentence is the only thing worth while it has said.. at least it's amusing.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:14 PM   #48
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:

Seriously, get a life, and stop pretending you're the divine authority of goth.
Oh, the Irony..

Perchance were you looking into a mirror or some other such reflective surface when you said those words?

*rolls eyes*
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 06:54 PM   #49
Catch

Well I'm not sure about the lingo, but it only takes me 15 minutes to become goth. If I take the whole hour, I'm a club kid.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:25 AM   #50
Sanctus Dei

Looky here Arcy-poo… This issue has nothing to do with the opinion your ramming up the asses of everyone here... It’s how many fucking times you feel the need to do it. IF you have a post that has nothing to do with "HOW TO BE GAWTH" I would be one surprised silly lil' duck. You've honestly made no intelligent contribution to this site and anything you have slathered across our brains with your rusty one tracked knife has been said over and over since the dawn of time. Here's a hint fer ya;

WE'VE PURCHASED OUR FUCKING FILL OF ALL AUTHORITY ON GAWTHINESS!! Set your repetitive ass right back on the shelf, thanx for shopping go get a god damn clue.

As to your entire "Woe is me and my struggle to single handedly hold the goth nation on my depressed individualistic black and chain shrouded shoulders" BOO FUCKING WOO, if you disagree with the line of thought here your more then welcome to fade into the passing night fog for all we care (psst, I don't think anyone would miss ya) SOooo if you stay for another round of tolerate the fucktard, try to puke something worth while from your silly yap, maybe make... oh, I don't know a "literary?!" contribution or your more then welcome get the hell out you self-righteous fucking maggot.