Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 01-21-2006, 10:54 AM   #1
swt&inc angel??

Question Question for those who like girls

Ok so lastnight this guy tells me im a guy traped in a girls body ( it was a copliment from him) but I just want to know do you like a girl who acts more like a guy? One who'd rather see blood and gore than chic flicks, one who after they breakup say well I got what I wanted out of that relationship so it wasnt a complete waste but why the heck cant they let it go, or someone who stays hooked till the next person that they fallen in love with comes around.
swt&inc angel?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 11:18 AM   #2
Empty_Purple_Stars

Ok before I offer my opinion, could you elaborate a bit more.

I think I understand what you are asking, but need clarification.
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 11:55 AM   #3
Inky

I understood what you were talking about first, but then got lost about halfway through the post.

But yes, I do like girls who like typical "guy stuff", like horror movies and death metal (for lack of a better example - curse my sleep deprivation).
Inky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 12:37 PM   #4
swt&inc angel??

He said that im the type to get what I want out of a relationship ( not meaning just sex but... I hate to say love ... love/affection, gifts, dates, and attention). So what I was wondering is if you like a girl who simplifies a relationship, who doesnt stay attached after its over, and if she acts more like a guy than she does a girl?
Old 01-21-2006, 12:39 PM   #5
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by swt&inc angel??
Ok so lastnight this guy tells me im a guy traped in a girls body ( it was a copliment from him) but I just want to know do you like a girl who acts more like a guy? One who'd rather see blood and gore than chic flicks, one who after they breakup say well I got what I wanted out of that relationship so it wasnt a complete waste but why the heck cant they let it go, or someone who stays hooked till the next person that they fallen in love with comes around.
Ok well I think I deciphered what you were trying to ask..

And no it doesn't mean your a dude trapped in a chic's body..

I myself am one of those Unchic Chic's.

I swear like a Sailor with The Clap, I prefer movies with Bloody Steaming Entrails and lots of Screaming to Sisters of the Ya Ya type chic flicks. I'm blunt and rarely if ever Coy. Until a few years ago (I'm 33) I preferred Blue Jeans and my Doc Maartens to ANYTHING remotely feminine.

But just because I wasn't into all that Normal Girly Stuff, didn't mean I wasn't a 'woman' or capable of being Sensual. A particular way of being does not make you any less of what you are. That is just the 'type' of girl/woman you are now.

And the 'type' of girl/woman you are now will change DRASTICALLY over the course of your life.

There is nothing wrong or abnormal with your preferences. Hell, even today most of my closest friends are guys, and I still find them to be much less complicated and evil than some women can be upon occasion. Most guys I know are laidback and straight to the point and I try and approach people the same way. Doesn't make me any less of a woman to prefer 'guy things' because those concepts are just labels that people have placed on those ways of being over time. They don 't mean anything..

You see my point?

Don't give that remark to much power, you are what you are..

Don't stress about being yourself, you'll grow into the Woman you are going to be as you move into your Twenties & Thirties.

Whatever 'she' decides to like or dislike, won't make 'her' any less Womanly.

/ End opinion
Old 01-21-2006, 12:55 PM   #6
swt&inc angel??

No its O.K. I was scared I was different I was just wondering if most people who date girls liked that or if they liked the other type of girls more. Basically is my personality going to make it harder for me to find someone who cares about all parts of my personality?
Old 01-21-2006, 01:02 PM   #7
swt&inc angel??

sorry didnt type quick enough to edit

I ment I wasnt scared
Old 01-21-2006, 01:51 PM   #8
Ben Lahnger

I think E_P_S gave you a good, thoughtful answer. At least to the part that was easily answerable. In other words, don't sweat it if you feel different; we all do.

But asking what most people who date girls want is like asking what most people who eat in resuraunts order. Preferences vary widely on a person to person basis. That's the beauty and mystery of being human.

For instance, I like women who wear dresses and other feminine attire. But I can be very attracted to someone who wears Blue Jeans and Doc Maartens as long as there's a sexy bra and panties underneath ... or some other concession to "yes, I know what turns you on, honey, so here's a little something only you and I will know about."

I think finding common ground in your interests, hobbies, tastes, etc. is always a good thing. Liking the same kind of movies, music, food ... it's all part of having a rewarding relationship.

But it's never good to generalize about a class of people (ie: men.) For example, I prefer subtle suspense movies to blood and guts horror (give me Hitchcock over Craven or Croenenberg any day), although I do like special effects blow-ups. One of my favorite movies of all time is "12 Angry Men", a very low-key drama that occurs almost entirely in one room. I like a wide range of music from classic rock to calypso, zydeco and african acapella. And I don't think I handle breakups the way you suggest men do either.

And then I think it's fair to say that some people (men or women) are more adept and interested in just hooking up and avoiding emotional attachments. That's a different kind of question.

Finally, there is a very funny movie that was released a few years back by National Lampoon called REPLIKATE . It starred Ali Landry and Eugene Levy and was all about a couple of boy geniuses that wanted a girl who thought more like a man. So they cloned the sexiest woman on campus and programmed her brain with male thinking patterns. They found out they really didn't want a woman who sat on the couch in her underwear watching football, drinking, farting, swearing and scratching herself all day.

It really is very funny!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 01:57 PM   #9
Ben Lahnger

I found a better link for the movie:

http://www.nationallampoon.com/replikate/

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 02:08 PM   #10
swt&inc angel??

Thank you I see your point I guess I never really paid attention to there girlfriends personalities. But why would I have my "brother" didnt say this till lastnight.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:04 PM   #11
TheKorovaMilkbar

I've really only ever known one person who qualifies as a man trapped in a woman's body. Her name is Jordan, and she is gay, and a bad-ass. An absolute guy if I ever saw one. See would look a girl up and down just as quick as any of us when we would all hang out. She was definitely one of the guys, and one of my closest friends. Unfortunately when her mother got sick, she went back to Tennessee, and I haven't seen her since. I hope she comes around sometime, I miss her something fierce.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:52 PM   #12
swt&inc angel??

Im sorry I hope you guys still talk. What is your difenition of badass, would that be like how I always wrestle with my friends and wont hesitate to punch a guy if he needs it and if I do get in a fight and get my ass beat then owell. I mean im normaly laid back and try not to get into a fight but if its unavoudable too bad im not going to run, but no one is worth me screwing up my life. There was this one chic tha i got into it with and she came after me with a metel pipe alomst as tall as I am.Im 5'4 and I stood there and faced her down knowing that she was going to pull out the knives when she was done with the pipe. (can you say crazy)
Old 01-21-2006, 04:48 PM   #13
JuliaGaltic

I think that there is a BIG difference between being a man trapped in a woman's body (which can be quite serious and uncomfortable for the person suffering because of it), and being a strong, independent woman who doesn't cry when she breaks a nail.
There is an even bigger difference between being a girly girl and being a cowardly woman who runs when she should be standing up for something that is deathly important to her. Being a woman should never be used as an excuse for that.

Just to clarify, no one in this thread has posted anything to make me think they are cowardly. This is just my $0.02.
Old 01-21-2006, 05:28 PM   #14
swt&inc angel??

It seems that people have taken that comment literaly, he would have ment it in a different way. Just that im a lot like a guy in most aspects. That is the greatest commpliment from the KING of all ASSHOLES, he really is and I love him for it. Its not that he doesnt respect other women its just that were his weakness. He understands us and is overly attracted to us. By us I mean girls who act like guys, not me personaly he has accepted me as a sister. He aloud me into the dick club witch sounds childish but its more of a group acceptence to not only speak your mind but to blantently tell EVERYONE the truth. Like my friend was gaining wait and he came right out and said that her ass was getting bigger, not to be mean but he was letting her know. The way I got accepted was by telling my boyfriend that he too was an asshole but he didnt have the class that jason did (which hit hard because when me and jason first met there was a sliight attraction till we got to know one another better)
Old 01-21-2006, 07:46 PM   #15
Empty_Purple_Stars

Uhh..

What?

*Uses Electro-Shock on Hamster*
Old 01-21-2006, 08:24 PM   #16
swt&inc angel??

Basicaly the guys a dick but that was a very high compliment from him and not because he doesnt respect girly-girls.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:39 PM   #17
edible_eye

i enjoy a girl who can go shot-for-shot with me... booze, that is, not punches... who can fuck me like a demon on ecstasy and not bat an eyelash when my mouth gets out of control.

i also enjoy a girl who can wear the lace and frills, be soft when softness is needed and sometimes, just sometimes, hold my eye when i break down and spill something that makes me feel less the solid man i always believe i should be and still tell me she thinks i'm a man afterward without it sounding like a load of shit.

girls don't have to be "girl-like" all the time. it takes away from their human-ness just like a guy who strives to be a "man" all the time makes him less manly overall.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:52 PM   #18
swt&inc angel??

Thats pretty much how I am. A very nice person till you piss me off then you will findout exactly what hell is like.

Edible eye are you my soul mate our something? I swear if its sex you know how to do it if its figuring out what I mean your there its crazy. I hope sometime youll pm me so we can talk (only to be friends im not even looking for friends with benefits right now)
Old 01-21-2006, 09:00 PM   #19
edible_eye

i'm 36 and married with 3 kids, little darlin'. i've been around the block enough times to point out the sight-seeing highlights... and i'm still smiling, most of the time.

i'm likely old enough to be your daddy but feel free to 'pm' me as well.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:02 PM   #20
cannibalnuns

What I look for is really very simple.

One: You must have a brain and a sense of humor. If you do not have that I am sorry but we will not have good sex. I will lose my erection, if you are a ditz. And no not overly smart, just practical and can carry on a good mind fuck before the actual thing. And of course deep talking is a big plus, though mine might be shallow I would like to listen.

Two: One who can be herself. She can wake up beside me with no make-up, walk around the house not even primped up and able to just not worry about if she is the prettiest of the others. She does not try to impress me or agreeing with what I like when she does not. Rather tell me I am wrong if she feels it. And if she wants to break wind, go for it at least it will give me a laugh.

Three: She has to be honest in all aspects of the relationship.

Four: Trust. She must be open and able to share any problem (and trust is the key word here) and listen to mine.

Fifth: Looks, I do not want a real bridge troll but I do not want a Cleopatra either. Actually, I could give a shit what they look like, as long as they have good hygiene. Smelling bad is out of the question. But I am neutral on this aspect. However I do lust for some attractive models and looks do matter. But once you get to know someone, who really cares. When they get older they will just wrinkle or their ass will get bigger. But hey you still love them and think they are pretty.
Firmness in enduring and exertion is a character I always wish to possess. I have always despised the whining yelp of complaint and cowardly resolve.- Robert Burns
cannibalnuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 09:18 PM   #21
swt&inc angel??

Wow it seems that I would be a good match for a lot of people so long as they like to fight once in a while or how else would you be able to get make-up sex. Though that busting as thing I wont even do that in front of my parents if aviodable.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:34 PM   #22
cannibalnuns

Er.... I think you would break off my phallus.
Firmness in enduring and exertion is a character I always wish to possess. I have always despised the whining yelp of complaint and cowardly resolve.- Robert Burns
Old 01-21-2006, 09:41 PM   #23
Empty_Purple_Stars

Can we call you Glass Dick now?
Old 01-21-2006, 09:45 PM   #24
cannibalnuns

I do not find that appealing.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:58 PM   #25
Empty_Purple_Stars

Hmm..

Willie the Austrian Crystal Wonder Worm?