Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:23 PM   #26
Duane

Do the epic mounts, bigger userbase, and it being based in the Warcraft universe make putting up with all the elitist/older members, playing Wow worth it?
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:48 PM   #27
Splintered

When there are better MMORPGs available (EVE, Age of Conan)? No.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:36 AM   #28
Cicero

Age of Conan has gone dramatically downhill apparently. Everyone started leaving for some reason, and the company running it were really slack in fixing bugs and things. Visually it was waaay better than WoW, and the quests seemed more interesting too, but it just doesn't seem to be standing the test of time.

There's also Warhammer Online coming out soon. My boyfriend's playing the preview weekend right now and it seems pretty cool. I'm sticking to WoW for the timebeing though until an MMORPG version of something like the Elder Scrolls comes out. Can't be bothered paying for a whole new game unless it's fucking amazing.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:40 AM   #29
pitchfork

I'm sorry to say I have a prejudice for people playing WoW. I've read far to many threads like this one, with upset girlfriends who can't make contact with their boyfriend when he's playing, relationships which have been destroyed by it, etc. (Weirdly enough, I've never seen a guy complaining about how his girlfriend spend more time playing WoW than spending it with him...)
Therefore I'll probably never be able to see whats so amazing about it. And there sure has to be something, since it's so popular.
pitchfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 06:10 AM   #30
Wednesday Friday Addams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splintered
When there are better MMORPGs available (EVE, Age of Conan)? No.

Lol EvE.
Anyway Wow has a very low elitist enviroment thanks to blizzards efforts to please the casual.
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:12 AM   #31
parasitejeans

WOW is definitely one hell of a game..I spent my final year in college divided into three section...
WOW, study and needs (food and sleep)

I'll be playing even when i eat..
lol..that was great fun, i cant believe how many cigarettes i smoked
during the game..i just forgot the time!
i miss playing it..the only reason i stop was my PC got crash, and it took quite sometime for me to get new one.
Dun feel like playing anymore, lol...
Yeah, i remember my bf whines because im too busy with WOW to have sex with him!!..
parasitejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:37 AM   #32
Splintered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
Age of Conan has gone dramatically downhill apparently. Everyone started leaving for some reason, and the company running it were really slack in fixing bugs and things. Visually it was waaay better than WoW, and the quests seemed more interesting too, but it just doesn't seem to be standing the test of time.

There's also Warhammer Online coming out soon. My boyfriend's playing the preview weekend right now and it seems pretty cool. I'm sticking to WoW for the timebeing though until an MMORPG version of something like the Elder Scrolls comes out. Can't be bothered paying for a whole new game unless it's fucking amazing.
Weird. I haven't heard anything about AoC going down. Then again, a lot of people in AO (Anarchy Online, Funcom's other MMORPG, which is free-to-play) are saying that AO is going to be closed down because AoC is popular enough that it's taking away players. However, I have heard about all the patches.

I'm staying with Anarchy Online. It's due to get a well deserved graphics upgrade, which I believe may come up next year. I haven't seen anything else that makes me want to jump ship, no matter how tempting Warhammer may be.

Okay. I might play a trial.
Okay. Fine. A month. But I can quit anytime!
Old 09-08-2008, 01:52 AM   #33
Wednesday Friday Addams

There is no content in AOC after a certain level. Just mindless grinding for nothing.
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:27 AM   #34
Cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday Friday Addams
There is no content in AOC after a certain level. Just mindless grinding for nothing.
That's why they're leaving. I noticed there are now a whole bunch of high level accounts for sale on eBay, haha.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:12 PM   #35
pitchfork

Quote:
Originally Posted by parasitejeans
Yeah, i remember my bf whines because im too busy with WOW to have sex with him!!..
Finally it's the other way around! xD
pitchfork is offline   Reply With Quote