Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 10-31-2008, 11:13 AM   #101
gothicusmaximus

In reading this thread, I really appreciate Bella's distinct font. It's like a bible with the words of Jesus in red, except it's gnet with the really dumb posts in purple.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:25 AM   #102
BLEED REBELION!!!

Before you get all bitched out at me REMEBER that i didnt not invent this Idea nor am I necisarily saying I agree. I think its omoshiroi.

"You're saying that if a group of people came up to you and said "Hey, let's go to a hill and put our thoughts together into an energy pool to create an omnipotent being" you wouldn't be like "Wow, the fuck?""

Actually I'd be like "sounds like a fun time" then I would go and chillax on the hill. ANd I dont really think the theory is saying that you can in one afternoon of hill sitting create a significant energy pool. People have beleived in certain gods or forces in the univers for a very long time. And its a massive amoutn of people as well.

I'm sure the hill sitting will be a good experience and probably benifit tehe people doing it but it may not have the best results.

" I love 4play! Its the best thing I've ever done"
- My Boyfriend
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:24 PM   #103
Godslayer Jillian

Bottom line:
Karma blows. Only a bourgeois idiot would believe that if you do good, you'll get good.
God doesn't exist - and until anyone gives positive evidence to this positive claim, the claim deserves no respect.
Same goes to any metaphysical bullshit.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:53 PM   #104
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Actually there is a scientific way that enough people could collect and move the hill: if enough people collected together to create a dense enough gravity well to attract and move the hill. Of course, those at the core would die due to extreme pressure, but dead or alive, people is people!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:00 PM   #105
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEED REBELION!!!
Before you get all bitched out at me REMEBER that i didnt not invent this Idea nor am I necisarily saying I agree. I think its omoshiroi.

"You're saying that if a group of people came up to you and said "Hey, let's go to a hill and put our thoughts together into an energy pool to create an omnipotent being" you wouldn't be like "Wow, the fuck?""

Actually I'd be like "sounds like a fun time" then I would go and chillax on the hill. ANd I dont really think the theory is saying that you can in one afternoon of hill sitting create a significant energy pool. People have beleived in certain gods or forces in the univers for a very long time. And its a massive amoutn of people as well.

I'm sure the hill sitting will be a good experience and probably benifit tehe people doing it but it may not have the best results.
Damn, I guess I shouldn't have depended on you having common sense when I asked that question, eh.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:02 PM   #106
Bella Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEED REBELION!!!
EVery god exists in the reality or world of the human(s) that beleive in them. JUst because people claim that their god is the only one that can exist doesnt make it so. Their god is the only one that exists in their reality. Also the "Gods" that people are creating are not conscious beings. They are indeed "energy pools". Again the energy you put out effects the universe. SO The god itself does nto think things in a human way. Rather its energy and push on the world is of the same nature of what ever humans put into it.
Gods as energy... interesting.
However, energy doesn't have a brain for reason and logic... or thinking at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_dreams
What the Hell is wrong with you!?!?! who the Hell kill's helpless and innocent babies? that's f***ing sick!!!
Don't you have anything better to do than pollute our forums?!?
Bella Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:56 AM   #107
Jonathan

Some awesome posts, thanks for pointing out my mistake earlier JCC - I was totally out of line XDDD

Bella - why do you think a God would have a brain, or use reasoning, or logic? Do gods have opposable thumbs, two kidneys, small intestines? Do you think it would have a skeletal structure? If you tossed one into a swimming pool, how much water do you think it would displace?

Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:39 AM   #108
$haDe

I prefered deity.

God is after "Oh My "
Old 11-01-2008, 11:34 PM   #109
Joker_in_the_Pack

Bella dear, I've read all your posts and found a few links you'd find incredibly helpful.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/logic
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/reasoning
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/thoughts
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/magic
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/magick
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/claim
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/proof
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/redundancy
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stupidity
and the one that will help you the most
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/suicide
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:43 PM   #110
Bella Sophia

Oh you're so sweet.
Now go die.

Quote:
What the Hell is wrong with you!?!?! who the Hell kill's helpless and innocent babies? that's f***ing sick!!!
Old 11-01-2008, 11:44 PM   #111
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Sophia
Oh you're so sweet.
Now go die.
I'm good thanks. I've got too much shit to do before I go to *snicker* summerland was it?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

Old 11-01-2008, 11:45 PM   #112
Bella Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack
I'm good thanks. I've got too much shit to do before I go to *snicker* summerland was it?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Nice try, but I don't believe in summerland.

Quote:
Old 11-01-2008, 11:48 PM   #113
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Nice try, but I don't believe in summerland.
No, just magick and the fact that anything conceivable is potentially true.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:22 AM   #114
$haDe

I didn't see that coming.

Big grenade...
Old 11-02-2008, 12:23 AM   #115
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by $haDe
I didn't see that coming.

Big grenade...
You should see the bazooka then

Old 11-02-2008, 12:00 PM   #116
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Bottom line:
Karma blows. Only a bourgeois idiot would believe that if you do good, you'll get good.
God doesn't exist - and until anyone gives positive evidence to this positive claim, the claim deserves no respect.
Same goes to any metaphysical bullshit.
I wasn't quite sure what you meant by it being a bourgeois idea until today. I actually heard someone say today that poor people are poor because they did something bad in a past life, and thats why the wealthy, who supposedly did good in a past life, aren't obliged to help them, the poor are only getting what they deserve.

I'm quite disgusted right now.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:02 PM   #117
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
I was wondering.
Underwater Ophelia brought up a good point about karma. Why do awesome things happen to horrible people, and terrible things happen to good people?
I had never thought about how naive this karma concept can be. Then again,

'Cause deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:06 PM   #118
JCC

Quote:
Gods as energy... interesting.
However, energy doesn't have a brain for reason and logic... or thinking at all.
I'd make a comment about how you must be made of energy, but that's an obvious insult, I'll wait for Necrophagist to say it.

This time I'll challenge your actual point here: if a God is created of people's belief in it, then it can't have logical thought anyway, because it is bound to the parameters of the mind's projection of said God. If it were to deviate from the mind's projection, it would cease to exist, because it would no longer be a representation of the beliefs of people, which you claim is what creates gods.

So really, you don't create gods at all, you create lots of caricatures that take on the visage of gods but are really a physical representation of a collective mind, which is absolutely ridiculous as an idea.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 08:32 PM   #119
Jonathan

It is absurdly cyclical reasoning to say that people truly invented a totally real god that created the world they stand on.

Unless that god was completely made up nonsense, in which case sure people "invented" that god.

However, for people to be standing around dreaming up gods, something real must have happened before hand to put them there and give them something to stand on, whether it is a completely natural origin or a supernatural one. Otherwise, we're getting the order of operations in cause-and-effect backwards.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:38 PM   #120
BLEED REBELION!!!

ohh snap I just realized that in my last post I said that I thought it was very "omoshiroi". I ment Interesting, but for some reason I wrote it in JPN, sorry.

" I love 4play! Its the best thing I've ever done"
- My Boyfriend
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:51 PM   #121
Jonathan

The scary part is until you pointed it out I didn't notice anything was out of the ordinary.