Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 11-28-2014, 11:37 AM   #1
woovee

Siouxsie And The Banshees: Peepshow (1988) Remaster

Their last four studio albums are reissued on cd in remastered version with bonus tracks: it is available on amazon.co.uk.
https://www.gothic.net/boards/newthr...=newthread&f=6

Peepshow (1988) is a lush album with strings, harmonica and accordion that was cited by the singers of Arcade Fire, Decemberists and Bloc Party. "The Last Beat of My Heart" is a beautiful ballad filled with emotion.

The Rapture (1995) is their swansong, an organic LP with 12 edgy songs where you pass from one extreme to another.

Superstition (1991) is their pop album, it's musically close to New Order's "Technique". The single "Kiss Them For Me" is one of the Tv On The Radio's singer favorite songs. The album was recorded with Talvin Singh on tablas and percussion, so there was a little exotica here. Talvin Singh's work so impressed Bjork that she hired him right after to be both her percussionist and musical director of her Debut (1993). On Superstition, the Banshees are close to Talking Heads's pop.

Through the Looking Glass (1987) is their cover album. They revisit "Strange Fruit", "Hall of Mirrors" by kraftwerk, and the "Little Johnny Jewel" Television. This is obviously a nod to Bowie's Pins-up. Bowie convinced by the result, invited them as "special guests" on two dates of his us'tour us 1987, in Anaheim.
woovee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 04:34 AM   #2
Tragic Blackheart

Kiss Them For Me is defo in my top 10 faves of all time.
Tragic Blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote