Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 01-09-2006, 10:02 PM   #51
mortalitas incomitatus

you know when ever i look at this thread i get the biggest urge to raid my alcohol cabinet.
hiccup.........

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:16 PM   #52
Empty_Purple_Stars

I found this site awhile back.

It's pretty handy.

http://www.digitalbartender.com/
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 05:21 PM   #53
Dr. Faust

Ive got to go with Blue Hawaii as my favorite mixed drink. Lets see there is Pineapple , cononut and that blue liquior and who knows what else.
Dr. Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 05:30 PM   #54
JuliaGaltic

Vodka/Redbull

Oh, and thank you for that link EPS.. it is now safely tucked away in my favorites..
Old 02-02-2006, 05:50 PM   #55
cannibalnuns

Sounds mystical you sexy minx. But I think I will stick to stouts, wine and scotch.
Firmness in enduring and exertion is a character I always wish to possess. I have always despised the whining yelp of complaint and cowardly resolve.- Robert Burns
cannibalnuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 06:38 PM   #56
edible_eye

tonight?

early times whiskey and diet coke.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:35 PM   #57
FenrisQueen

I've got a new favorite- Gin with jolly ranchers. Moonshine ain't too bad either, as I found out.
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
FenrisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:58 PM   #58
DrenchedInGin

Santarea, I love you for loving Guinness. Mother's milk (Mum drank it to settle her stomach when she was pregnant with me and I've always loved the stuff.)

Did you know the iron in Guinness is very bio-available? If you're a tad anaemic like me and have trouble absorbing iron, a pint or three is a good remedy. Also, raw liver. And sucking the neck of a virgin. But I digress.

The Amnesia is a recipe I nicked from a sadly lamented bar called Mortis, which is No More (sob).

In a large champagne flute, mix 30 ml each of Chambord and Llmoncello. Add a splash of apricot nectar and top with chilled champagne.

This is about as sweet as I can handle. I adore straight champagne and earthy red wines, naturally I'm a martini drinker, and I like a really good irish whiskey. And absinthe, obviously.
DrenchedInGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:16 PM   #59
KeltikAon

By and large I am a Guinness drinker. I was quite pleased when my favorite bar got it in draft a couple months ago. As far as shots go, since I don't really drink any mixed drinks, I have two that I like.

One is simple, Capt. Morgans Tattoo and Red Bull shooters.

The second is a little more complex, but I am proud to say that it is my creation. One night I was feeling adventerous and couldn't decide if I wanted Jager or if I wanted Tattoo. After consulting with one of my favorite bartenders over what would mix the best with both of them, we came up with a Black Death.

One part Jagermeister, one part Tattoo, with just enough cranberry juice to make it go down smoothly. It's served in a rocks glass, basically two shots in one. Goes down smooth, but it definetly has a kick.
KeltikAon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 10:02 PM   #60
TheKorovaMilkbar

First, I'd just like to expand on the fact that Guiness (since it is very dark) is really good for you. Workout trainers actually recommend a few a week if you want. The amount of antioxidants in it are much higher the darker it is, so..... Pint of Guiness anyone?

Anyways, on to why I'm posting. Just recently, I made a mixer using an energy drink and another party.

It's called a Frankenberry:

1 ounce - Black Cherry Vodka
1 ounce - Black Rasberry Liqueur

Shake well in a shaker, and strain into glass. Then add an equal amount of Monster to what is already in the glass.

This should end you with 2 parts Monster, 1 part Vodka, and 1 part Liqueur. It's very tasty, and you almost can't even taste the alcohol. I gotta say, I'm proud of this little mixer. I hope it ends up in the B. Bible someday.
Old 05-26-2006, 10:16 AM   #61
NachtSorcier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortalitas incomitatus
isnt VODKA primaraly a chicks drink?

I was never one to care what is "just for girls" or "just for boys." Vodka is my precioussssss.

Anyway, I've always adhered to the K.I.S.S rule.

Two parts Ocean Spray cranberry juice and one part vodka. Serve with ice and a cherry. Great in the summertime.

Visit my online store: http://www.websofsilver.com
NachtSorcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:46 AM   #62
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Child
I can't believe they don't let American kids drink till they're 21. That's just plain mean. So you're mature enough to have a baby or get married at eighteen, but not to buy a drink in a bar or watch Scream in the cinema? It doesn't make much sense to me.
yeah, but once they can, they may miss out on Absinthe, but they can get Everclear.

If anything was going to become birth control in a bottle it is Everclear.
Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 04:47 AM   #63
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaGaltic
Vodka/Redbull

Oh, and thank you for that link EPS.. it is now safely tucked away in my favorites..
Try Tequilla Vodka Redbull

Far better. Most I have drunk in a night is 8.
Didn't sleep for 3 days though.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:50 AM   #64
Elder

The traditional Bloody mary.
Good vodka chilled icey.
Tomato Juice.
Tobasco sauce
Celery Salt
A stick of celery for stiring
and a jug full of ice for mixing.
Woohoo
or if you are Whisky/Whiskey/Bourbon lover
Favourite blend of choice.
Ginger ale
large slug of lime juice.

Either works for me.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:01 AM   #65
Morrigan_Dubh

My friend asked a barman to make him a "holloweeny" drink once....
The guy came up with this -
A pint of WKD blue (a pansy-assed malternative/alcopop)
Ice
Red Aftershock poured carefully onto the ice...

The Red Aftershock drips down the ice inside the blue wkd. It looks pretty and doesn't taste too bad...
Old 06-06-2006, 06:14 AM   #66
madweasel

Favorite mixed drink...I'm going to have to say that would be the mojito, which is a bit labor intensive but very much worth the effort. The more traditional way to make one is to have simple syrup done before hand but you can skip that if you want. Some people like ice cubes, I'm going to say they are wrong and that this requires crushed ice.

What you need:
Fresh Mint Leaves
Limes (sliced)
Sugar (regular granulated works fine)
Crushed Ice
Rum - Avoid darker rums, though some experiments with brown sugar and dark rum was interesting!
Club Soda

One really adequate glass depending on just how much drinking you intend to do, make sure its sturdy

Something to mash bit with, if you have mortar and pestle set the pestle will work wonderfully here

Put some lime slices and whole mint leaves in your glass, dump sugar on top of them and begin to mash them up with your pestle. Dump your crushed ice into the glass. Pour rum, top off with club soda. Add a few unmashed mint leaves to make it purdy.

This is the superior 'its too damn hot out' drink I've found. Have a friend who makes Sake versions of this, which are surprisingly good.

Korova - A name that always makes me smile, seeing it says you are in Dallas so I'll assume thats more of a Clockwork Orange reference than the bar itself. Yes there really IS a bar. Fun place, tad pricey, but definately unique. (mea culpa if linking to an establishment is frowned upon, seemed appropriate given it is a thread about drinking)
madweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:54 AM   #67
Cambodian Breakfast

Whiskey and water. Three shots whiskey and two shots water. You will get drunk as all get out and no hang over.
Cambodian Breakfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:30 AM   #68
Morrigan_Dubh

No hangover? Really? How can that be?
Old 06-06-2006, 07:42 AM   #69
Nike

mojito/mohito - I've seen it spelt both ways and I'm not too much into cocktail sience t be able to tell which one's correct(er?), however, I like it.

whiskey and no hangover? The smell of whiskey alone makes me sick....not quite my drink
Old 06-06-2006, 08:20 AM   #70
Morrigan_Dubh

Actually come to think of it, I have had some good Morning After experiences with whiskey...
but whisky - now that is a different story altogether...
Old 06-06-2006, 09:33 AM   #71
WolfMoon

Bah!

I drink whiskey all the time with no hang-over.

Rum will likely be the death of me, though. Can't get enough of it and it's ill morning-after effects. Why do we cling to those that hurt us most? I guess it's cuz there's still half a bottle in the fridge calling my name...
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:38 AM   #72
Morrigan_Dubh

Ah Rum! Dark or White? Do you mix it with anything or drink it straight? I used to drink Barcadi all the time... Stopped because of the hellish, stomach-lining-removing, skulll crushingly painful hang overs, though. I'm such a pussy
Old 06-06-2006, 09:42 AM   #73
BADSEED

Bombay Saphire and tonic with lime or Cranberry an Grey Goose
BADSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:44 AM   #74
WolfMoon

Normally dark, gold maybe?

I normally feel pretty nauseous, my head feels like it's swimming, and I have bad diariaha the next day.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:49 AM   #75
Morrigan_Dubh

If you mix red wine and coke it can taste really good... as long as the wine is cheap and the coke is pure-cut ;P
But it is actually nice with lots of ice... It#s a spanish srink, apparently. At least I was taught about it by a spanish guy and it has a spanish name, which I can't remember now...

*edit* It's called Kalimotxo!