Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 07-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
Shimla

Heyo! :)

Yeah, I'm super lazy! So I just copy/paste the questions and make the answers myself...which is totally awesome, since I never know how to introduce myself anyway!

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

I'm a sales rep and saddle fitter. That's my job. Fortunately for me I do actually love it most of the time. Except for the whole having to deal with stupidly rich princesses who believe that the entire world revolves around them. *yawn*.
My hobbies are limited to reading, being what my brother calls a music whore (because I don't really care *who* sings the song, as long as I can sing along, or even just happen to like it), I LOVE music. Um...also adoring my cat - Freya, some role playing. I have a horrible addiction to things like CSI, Vampire Diaries and True Blood. And also Supernatural. I love writing and surfing the interwebs, Bookfacing, Driving, and that's all I can think of right now.

2. Where are you from?

The most awesome country in the world, obviously! South Africa. Born and raised and would never live anywhere else - not for all the money in the whole world (But I do love travelling too, and have been to Italy, France, Spain and the UK)

3. Who is your favorite author?

Oh my gosh...that's a hard one! I love lots of authors. But right now I'm kind of hooked on Cassandra Clare, Jana Oliver and David Eddings.

4. What are your favorite films?

Again, a hard one - there's so many! But especially anything like X-men, Harry Potter, Any of the marvel movies. Though as mentioned above, I tend more toward watching Series rather than movies, so Vampire Diaries and Supernatural, True Blood, CSI, Bones...etc.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

Anything from Nightwish or Within Temptation, Delain, Lady Gaga, Beethoven and Tchaikovsky, Mozart, Johnny Cash, Linkin Park, Lily Allen...did I mention my brother calls me a music whore?

6. At your funeral?

All of the above!
HAHA!

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

Um, preferably in my sleep. Or really, really quickly.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

I don't want a casket. I'd love for my ashes to be scattered somewhere beautiful.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

My sleepy-cat pyjamas and slippers. Yeah, I know. Totally boring, but hey, they're comfortable and I've been known to stay in them all day.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

I miss being naive.

11. What's your favorite band?

I covered this one in music already! HAHA...I have lots of favorite bands, but I think the ones I listen to most are like, The Killers, Muse, Lady Gaga, Nightwish, Delain, Johnny Cash, Creedence Clearwater Revival and Avril Lavigne. At least, at the moment.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

High school. Got my Matric in 2000 by the skin of my teeth. Never want to go back /there/ again. Hated school with unrivaled passion.

13. Why did you join?

Because it's 10pm on a saturday night. I'm bored. I was googling Gothic quotes for my latest character and was reading through some of the threads on here and it seems like there's a fair amount of intelligent people. I fully believe that a person can never, ever, learn too much or have too open a mind and....well, that's it. I guess.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

Last time I checked, I was still a female
Shimla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:59 AM   #2
shadowynne

greetings miss i hope you find your stay here most illuminating... you sound lovely by the way!
shadowynne is offline   Reply With Quote