Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:58 PM   #1
Alaizabel Cray

*peers out from behind the corner* Uhm.. I'm back

Hello everyone! (Brownie points to anyone who actually remembers me!) I used to be around here relatively often, something like a year or two ago, and for whatever reason stopped posting. These days, I've become a moderator at VirtualTeen which is, you guessed it, a forum for teens. *gasp!* It covers all the general chatting plus space to ask questions about everything you never wanted to know about being a teenager (which is why we need moderators, can you imagine the spammage?). The other day I asked myself, "Self, what the crap did I do before I got sucked into VT?" and I remembered this place. Hopefully I'll stick around a little longer this time.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
Well, at the moment I'm trying to survive college, and working at getting my driver's license. I'm 17 and I've been sort of lazy about that, haha. Hoping to get a part-time job soon, but right now my job is just through class three days a week. Yeah, it's a pretty sweet gig.

2. Where are you from?
California, in the somewhat boring Ventura County area.

3. Who is your favorite author?
It's probably a tie between Stephen King and Gregory Maguire.

4. What are your favorite films?
Oh jeez, um. Monty Python and the Holy Grail, V for Vendetta, Across the Universe, Alice in Wonderland (the original Disney version, of course), Friday the 13th Part V, Futurama: The Beast With a Billion Backs,

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Hm. My boyfriend/fiance has mentioned "Sweet Child O' Mine" by Guns N Roses, and I don't think that's a bad choice. I also like "Anywhere" by Evanescence and, on a slightly more cliche note, "Come What May" from Moulin Rouge.

6. At your funeral?
"Together Again" by Janet Jackson. They played it at my sister's funeral, and since then it's the only song I can imagine being played at mine.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
I'm not too sure on the specifics but I would like to go out with a flair, or at least utter some memorable last words.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
None, I want to be cremated. Who honestly wants to be trapped in a box forever?

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Right now I'm not hugely fond of any of my clothes, although I do have some jeans and tops I wear pretty often. I've recently lost a good 20 pounds and have yet to really go shopping for things that fit properly.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Television. All those classic Nick shows I used to love have either been cancelled or are only on in the middle of the night.

11. What's your favorite band?
Only one? Too bad, I'm picking more. Evanescence, Three Days Grace, Fiona Apple, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Rilo Kiley, The Brian Setzer Orchestra, Jason Mraz, Hoobastank, Linkin Park, Metallica, ******** Branch, Say Anything, Dropkick Murphys, and lately I've been getting into Infected Mushroom (I blame my boyfriend, haha).

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I'm in my second semester of college (at a local JC), majoring in Archaeology. I'm hoping to transfer to UCSB in a year or two.

13. Why did you join?
Way back in the day? Who knows. xP I came back because I figured I might as well. I'm also curious to see who I remember, if anyone. I've already seen a few familiar names.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Female

Post-Script: To anyone who does remember me, you'll probably notice that I've changed a little. Ok, a lot. I don't remember if I'd been diagnosed before I left here, but at some point in the past two years-ish I was diagnosed Bipolar. Since then I've found a good combination of meds that keeps me happy and stable. Without that crap in my way, my personality is a bit different these days (in a good way, I think). *shrugs*
Old 01-30-2009, 11:01 PM   #2
Albert Mond

Are you the same Alaizabel who comes to that chat I help moderate?
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:09 PM   #3
Alaizabel Cray

Nope, I've only used this name here I think.

Nice to meet you though.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:18 AM   #4
gothicusmaximus

Awesome, another dumbass teenager who thinks she's going to marry her boyfriend. At least Korinna doesn't have shitty taste in music.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:52 AM   #5
Tara Poison

Location: On an industrial estate next to an airfield. Yeah, why the hell did they put a house there?!
Yeah, I remember you being around a long time back. Hi.
Tara Poison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:13 AM   #6
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Miss Cray! I DO remember you, not many others here beside myself that like Danny Phantom. Welcome back! How did you like Phantom Planet?

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 04:52 PM   #7
Alaizabel Cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
Awesome, another dumbass teenager who thinks she's going to marry her boyfriend. At least Korinna doesn't have shitty taste in music.
Why thank you, I feel so welcome. And don't worry, you'll be the first one I send photos to when the wedding rolls around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
Miss Cray! I DO remember you, not many others here beside myself that like Danny Phantom. Welcome back! How did you like Phantom Planet?
Humane! *huggles* I thought Phantom Planet was pretty great! I always knew those two lovebirds would end up together, haha.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:02 PM   #8
MegearaErotica

Welcome, and remember... No one ever expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. If I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.
-Monty Python and the Holy Grail
MegearaErotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:11 PM   #9
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaizabel Cray
Why thank you, I feel so welcome. And don't worry, you'll be the first one I send photos to when the wedding rolls around.
Care to put some money on your beautiful, eternal love? If, god forbid, it should somehow happen that you don't have a wedding album to send my way, you can instead address an envelope containing 50 dollars to:

Gothicus Maximus
You're Deluding Yourself Incorporated
1 Face Reality Plaza
New York, New York

In all seriousness, though, I've always wondered how these teenage 'engagements' come about. Does the limped-dicked moron get down on one knee during the Junior Prom? Does he plant a ring on top of the bunsen burner for you to find during the Chemistry class?
Old 01-31-2009, 09:21 PM   #10
Alaizabel Cray

Look, if you think there's some minimum age requirement for "real" love (otherwise known as the theory that teenagers are idiots and every one of them is destined to fail at relationships), that's fine. I was always skeptical of that sort of thing myself, and you have the right to be as well. I am aware that virtually no one actually marries their high school sweetheart, and that most teens who plan to get married either don't go through with it or realize that they've made a huge mistake. That doesn't mean it never works out. It also doesn't mean that my age is any indication of where my boyfriend and I will be later on down the road.

You have your opinion, and that's fine. However, let's not argue about this because I honestly don't see it going anywhere.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:28 PM   #11
Godslayer Jillian

It does mean the latter. Age is a good indication for generalizing attitudes and outcomes. If you are aware of puppy love and the improbability of finding true love in high school, then you can certainly understand how GM makes an estimated guess to reach his conclusion.
Just saying.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:08 PM   #12
Alaizabel Cray

Yes, I understand where he's coming from. I just didn't appreciate the immediate assumption that I'm a "dumbass teenager", is all.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:36 AM   #13
gothicusmaximus

I think you're missing the point. Every 'engaged' teenaged couple thinks that they're special, that they're the ones who are going to get married and live happily ever after, unlike every other pair of homecoming royalty that calls it quits after His Majesty attends the inevitable college party at which he makes some poor decisions or Her Highness sucks off her Economics professor for a grade.

Believing that you're going to marry your current boyfriend is a dumbass thing to believe. Moreover, you're a teenager. Hence, you're a dumbass teenager.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:49 PM   #14
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
I think you're missing the point. ...
Hence, you're a dumbass teenager.
Eventually you will learn young man that people will miss your point when you wrap your comments within insults. Insults distract the listener from your point.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:52 PM   #15
Malice In Wonderland

Ignoring the rest of your music tastes/marriage bullshit.

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy are amazing.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:03 PM   #16
Alaizabel Cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice In Wonderland
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy are amazing.
Aren't they? They're one of few bands on the list of ones I want to see in concert before I die. Others would be cool to see, but Voodoo Daddy are just amazing. They actually played at the county fair a few years back, but unfortunately I missed it.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:07 PM   #17
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaizabel Cray
Aren't they? They're one of few bands on the list of ones I want to see in concert before I die. Others would be cool to see, but Voodoo Daddy are just amazing. They actually played at the county fair a few years back, but unfortunately I missed it.
I want them to release more stuff.
Rather than loads of CDs that are half old stuff.
I also would kill to see them live.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:23 AM   #18
Mealla

Congratulations on being happy and stable after admitting you had a problem and seeking it out. I probably wasn't here when you were here, but welcome back.

I will say that my own relationship troubles over the years have kind of jaded me to the idea that "ideal love" really exists, especially in one so young. Good luck, but I wouldn't place any bets on getting married unless he's already put a ring on your finger. And maybe not even then. Seriously, good luck though.

Also not a huge fan of your music tastes, but old Metallica is ok, and I even have one Fiona Apple song in my music collection. Linkin' Park is the only band in your list that makes me cringe, but I'm also not familiar with several bands you listed.

Regardless, you seem polite enough, so I extend my welcome. Just remember that some people here are rather set in their ways and won't take kindly to things such as romantic idealism.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:28 AM   #19
a morbid curiosity

Say Anything? Love them.
Salutations.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:05 AM   #20
Devil's Darling

Welcome
Devil's Darling is offline   Reply With Quote