Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 09-21-2006, 04:19 PM   #1
Darkbender423

Talking Discuss some of your wildest concert experiances!!

I'll start with the first time I ever saw Nine Inch Nails. It was just before Pretty Hate Machine hit the market, at an underground club called Culb Deviate. The club was just a hole in the wall, quickly thrown together and decorated with the acid induced art work of those of us who were regulars there, lots of lights, sofas, black light reactive paint everywhere, quite a wonder to behold. I don't know how they got NIN to come there and no one had ever heard them before. But when that shit hit the place went fucking nuts. It was unlike anything I have ever witnessed, to this day I have never seen a group of people have such a reaction. People were bleeding and slamming into each other. I'm not talking about the thousands that you find at a NIN show these days, there were maybe 200 people there and we were all blown away and completely mistified by what transpired on that night. One experiance I'm gald I didn't miss!!! I remember hearing Head Like A Hole and being completly blown away. All the classic NIN songs were there blasting at what had to be MAX volume, we were entranced and addicted instantly. I've seen NIN 6 times since then, but never with the same intamacy, it was an unbelievable night I will never forget.
Darkbender423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 06:05 PM   #2
homo-adonis

As far as wild I remember a huge brawl ensue at a concert by Consolidated after a bunch of skinheads began heckling the ultra left wing lead singer of the band he threw something that looked like a water bottle that bonked a fat skinhead in the head then all hell broke loose. As far as memorable in a good way I saw Xymox in the early 1990s at a trendy club in Miami Beach called Clu Nu the show was mesmerizing the opening band was MOEV one of my favotite Nettwerk bands of the time. A close second was seeing London after midnight at Helter Skelter in L.A. also early 90s and third was Death in June around 1998 in West Palm Beach.
homo-adonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 06:37 AM   #3
Haunted House

Once at a Misfits concert some girl in the pit was going around kicking people. She ended up kicking me in the stomach. It hurt real bad so I grabbed her by the arm and whipped her into some big bulky guy and she hit the floor. I also got Jerry Only's autograph. Voltaire signed a one dollar bill for me, drawing his hair and goatee on George Washingtons face. Seeing the Sisters of Mercy was awesome for me as well. It suprised me when a pit broke out during 'Vision Thing'. Yes... a mosh pit at a Sisters show. Hahaha. I enjoyed it though.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:37 PM   #4
She_Is_My_Sin

I went to a gig last year & nearly collapsed. I was so excited I hadn't eaten any tea so it made me feel really faint. To top it off I swayed a little too hard & ended up pulling some muscles in my neck & shoulders. Well my friend saw that I was in a bad way, so she dragged me out & as we sat outside (I just flopped to the floor, still awake). A guy on his phone ran over & asked if I was alright (he was getting a bit panicy, but I'm glad he had concern.) Well the people who worked at the venue had to call me an ambulance, as I was in a bad way. Whilst waiting the concert ended & my friends had gathered me some confetti which had been thrown around during the last song.

I was hauled into an ambulance & the two paramedics were chatting to me. One said he really loved my New Rocks & thought the coffin bag I was carrying was cool. Some people had thought it was a band member in the ambulance, so there was quite a crowd outside when I left. It was a great night though!
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:43 PM   #5
PersephoneX

hmmm....so many....i was at a fest a while back, when Neshamah were still in circulation. The pit was REALLY awsome and i decided to join in the festivities- The night before, i'd been shopping with my mates and i'd been convinced to pierce my belly button...so, i lasted about five mintutes in the pit, til my bar caught some guy's shirt and we parted ways...it was ripped forward and left hanging on a tiny bit of skin, and still attached to the unfortunate gentleman's shirt...so after a bit of confusion and trying to escape the mass of writhing bodies we managed to part my bar from his shirt (which i had been bleeding on for the duration of the incident). the nice guy that he was, helped me try and find a plaster to keep it all together, with no luck...so he packed loo paper on it and helped me find a garage shop with a first aid kit...
i thought it was very sweet!
i ended up going back into the pit that night, but unfortunately left the show earlier than planned due to an incident with a rubbish bin and a considerable ammount of Jack Daniels. I left just before the band i WANTED to see went onstage...

GOOD TIMES!
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:11 PM   #6
Darkbender423

I just got back from KMFDM and Combichrist! Damn what a show!! It was so awesome! Nothing really out of the ordinary or spectacular happened to me but in my excitement I just had to post it to say how great the show was.
Darkbender423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:03 PM   #7
Born Again

This isn't exactly a "concert experience," it could have been though.

On October 1st, I had tickets to see KMFDM with special guest Combichrist at the Blue Note in Columbia Missouri. I had already went shopping to buy an outfit for the occasion as well. About two hours before the concert began, my step father went on Map Quest to get directions to the concert. While he was doing so, I specifically told him that the Blue Note was in Columbia, Missouri. He assumed it was a little suburb outside St. Louis so he went ahead and typed that it was in St. Louis. Being that we just moved here about two months ago, we didn't know much about St. Louis. When I purchased the tickets on Ticket Master.com, it stated that it WAS in the St. Louis area, so I assumed it wasn't far away. Surprisingly Map Quest gave him an actual street name, so we left for the concert.

While driving around St. Louis, we found the street name Map Quest gave us. But the Blue Note was no where in sight. So we drove around for about 30 minutes while occasionally asking people where this damn place was. No one seemed to know. So he stopped into a police station to ask for directions. When he came out he said that Columbia, Missouri was about 200 miles west from here, we only had 30 minutes until the concert started.

I also had 3 $200 tickets for Ozzfest 2006 in Columbus, Ohio. They accidentally got thrown away

Life's a bitch sometimes.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:35 PM   #8
PersephoneX

that's really harsh...my brother and i opted to take a train to the biggest fest of the year, and then skate the rest of the way to the club. that way we had our skateboards to get back to the station when it was over and we were too drunk to walk we could skate, and our boards would be good defense against would-be muggers...now this gig also happened to be the first show i'd be hitting since i was grounded for my tongue-ring...and i was supposed to meet a guy there...

my love for vodka, however made my brother and i stop off at a mate's house on the way...we'd get the guys and a bottle and hit the gig...simple, no mess, no fuss....i had a little too much voddie, hit a stone on my board, fell forward and broke my arm. also scratching my face and chin on the tar. so not only did it hurt like a bitch, but i looked like a leper, too!
we made it to the show about 30 mins late....spent the night avoiding THAT guy, because of my now gangerous looking skin and i still moshed for a few hours, then went home and mentioned my arm to my parents...they assumed it was from moshing, got me to the hospital at bloody 3am...and then proceded to ground me again...
it was a great show...
but alas...i seem to stay grounded...
I cut myself to sleep
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

Old 10-25-2006, 06:06 PM   #9
X-Rose-Of-Your-Promise-X

When I was 11 I went to my first proper gig that wasn't glastonbury festival or anything else similar seeing as ive been going to festivals like that my whole life. Anyway, I went to see The Subways with my sisters boyfriend in Exeter in the lemon grove...its a tiny venue and i got seperated from my sisters boyfriend so i went closer to the front, by the time the main act came on, I had found some 18/19 year olds who put me on their shoulders, one of them had me on his shoulders, pushed his way through to the front for me and couldnt go any further and got me to crowd surf the rest of the way to the front (about 12 feet) I got passed over the barrier and put right next to the fucking massive speakers at the side of the stage in front of the barrier, right next to the bassist, Charlotte. The sound was so loud i nearly passed out, i couldn't move much...But it was an awesome night and a great first gig. Hehe, I went to see Wednesday 13 in Bristol last month, that was the last gig I went to...Im not allowed to go to any more this side of christmas unless i scoop out the train fare and the ticket money myself.
X-Rose-Of-Your-Promise-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:04 PM   #10
PersephoneX

ha ha! rock on, man!

i took my little brother to his first show when he was 11...i was so proud to see him let loose in the mosh-pit! about an hour in, a fight broke loose cos some poser decided to go kiddy bashing. my brother got a bloody nose and a broken leg...i took him to the gents' to get him mended, bought him a coke to calm him down and went back into the pit to get the guy that nailed him...i found him! and my brother got an apology...i got kicked outta the show for hitting that guy though...
we told my parents he got hurt "stage diving"...
I cut myself to sleep
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

Old 10-26-2006, 04:08 PM   #11
X-Rose-Of-Your-Promise-X

Hehe, awesome. I hate people at shows that have to ruin it for everyone by hitting and kicking people, especially the smaller younger ones. I was at a gig once like that, Im only 13 but this guy hit into my head and nearly knocked me out so i came up behind him and made him turn around and hit him in the nose . I feel proud
What gig was it you took yer lil brother to?
X-Rose-Of-Your-Promise-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 05:17 PM   #12
BATANGEL

Rage against the machine 1993 Glastobury, at the front, people surfing over my head at an alarming rate, broke the golden rule and looked up, heel of a para boot to the nose, lots of blood dragged out by security, the end!
BATANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:36 AM   #13
Linen

Well this is more funny than wild, but I saw Garbage at a multi-band concert event a few years ago. They had already played a song or two, when some idiot in the crowd decided to throw a Sprite bottle on stage. It almost hit the drummer in the head, and Shirley Manson got PISSED. She was like "If you EVER fuckin' throw Shit at my FUCKIN' band again, I'll kick your fuckin' ASS!"

Those weren't the exact words, but pretty much what she said. I felt bad for them b/c throwing a bottle filled with liquid, even if it is plastic, could cause a concussion from that far away, not to mention it's damned rude. Her getting pissed was pretty funny though b/c she was cussing up a storm. I'm not sure if it was a fan who just got too excited, or someone who didn't like their music... who knows.
Linen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:43 PM   #14
PersephoneX

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Rose-Of-Your-Promise-X
Hehe, awesome. I hate people at shows that have to ruin it for everyone by hitting and kicking people, especially the smaller younger ones. I was at a gig once like that, Im only 13 but this guy hit into my head and nearly knocked me out so i came up behind him and made him turn around and hit him in the nose . I feel proud
What gig was it you took yer lil brother to?
it was Break-up day show...so there were a couple of bands playing... think the hogs headlined...the last good international band to come here was entombed...when i was in matric...oh, wait...sepultura and soulfly also came here that year...
I cut myself to sleep
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

Old 11-02-2006, 06:07 AM   #15
Haunted House

At a show I played with the band I used to be in at CBGB's in NY (before it closed. We played the last showcase show), near the end of our set some kid in the pit took the cheapy guitar that we brought just to smash, and buried it into a wall. The guitar broke and the wall splintered and pieces cracked and went everywhere. It was awesome.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:35 AM   #16
badteccy

The Dresden Dolls concert I recently went to was CRAZY! Their were half naked people everywhere, and lots of girls in baby doll dresses. The first performer did some crazy flute type stuff. Also, candy apples were being given away for free. It was like a circus and it was so much fun. It really can't be explained...just, go see the Dreseden Dolls if you ever have the chance, it's totally worth it.
The Sisters of MErcy concert had its moments...like the pit (I'm looking at you Haunted House) and the drunk guy who kept hitting on me, but he got me to the front so it was kind of worth it...kind of...
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:15 PM   #17
PersephoneX

ha ha...i love guys like that...
I cut myself to sleep
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

Old 11-10-2006, 07:02 AM   #18
Haunted House

That pit was great! Though no one will believe it if I told them there was a pit at a Sisters show. It was to 'Vision Thing' so thats understandable. It was awesome though. (Woo. 300th post.)
Old 11-20-2006, 09:21 PM   #19
PersephoneX

There's just something great about being in a pit...even with the agonising pain of knowing you've just broken a rib or three...
I cut myself to sleep
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

Old 11-21-2006, 10:42 AM   #20
cradle

Well once at a dave mathews band concert, someone smashed a chair over my head.

hahahaha
And then at a Phil collins concert I got hit in the head at the mosh pit.
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 08:54 PM   #21
PersephoneX

Phil Collins???? ok...so maybe old people CAN relive their misspent youths...
I cut myself to sleep
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

Old 11-22-2006, 02:00 PM   #22
bleedingheart344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again
I also had 3 $200 tickets for Ozzfest 2006 in Columbus, Ohio.
Fun facts, I live in columbus, I introduced the Haunted onstage for ozzfest 2005, and I was in the either November or December 2005 issue of Revolver magazine because of it, I forget which month, but it had Villie Valo (ugh) on the cover.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:58 AM   #23
cryuntildeath

Cool

I've had so many wild experiances....Must say one of my most wild was when I ended up having sex in the crowd. Quite interesting, if you ask me.
cryuntildeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:14 AM   #24
IsolatedReptile

DarkBender423, I am infinitely jealous of you. I would almost murder to have been there and seen that.

The wildest concert moment was when I was at a Slipknot concert, and felt like I was in the movie Warriors. COrey Taylor had managed to turn the entire venue into a mosh pit, and my little brother was getting tired and dehydrated, so we had to fight our way all the way to the back of the venue with giant bald thirty something body builders thrashing themselves about like a crazed three year old. It was terrifying and some of the most fun I've ever had.

The most awesome performers I've ever seen though are Nine Inch Nails and Bauhaus, who I had the luck to see just this last tour. Not many of the fans there were into Bauhaus, but there had never been a concert that had kept me mezmerized like he did, then when Nine Inch Nails came out, it just felt so intense. It was the best concert experience of my life so far.
IsolatedReptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 03:47 AM   #25
waxwolf

When I saw Bauhaus at Coachella, there was nothing but bored people in the front row with me who were waiting for Coldplay to come out, I was going extra nuts trying to be supportive, and Peter Murphy wandered over to where I was standing and did like a comically sad-faced wave thing at me, then pointed to me whilst singing the chorus of "The Passion Of Lovers". That was insane.
waxwolf is offline   Reply With Quote